Yoda vs Emperor re-match

mikegoist

What do u think who would won if Yoda and Emperor face each other again in open field ?

I give my vote for Sidious , he is great force user i ever seen. Makes Yoda look like padawan...

He just posses sooo much power.. like he has unlimited force..

What do u think who would won if Yoda and Emperor face each other again in open field ?

I give my vote for Sidious , he is great force user i ever seen. Makes Yoda look like padawan...

in many canon sources says sidious was superior fighter and more powerful then yoda that the main reason why yoda ran into exile.

Ok first of all the Emperor didn't win. When Yoda and the Emperor locked force powers Yoda was given a vision of Luke and that he had to survive to train him so after he fell and could've grabbed his lightsaber and continued the fight he ran so he could make sure he was there to train Luke. As far as who would win in a fight it would be a tough decision. Yoda is a better duelist with a lightsaber and the most powerful jedi at the time with force powers, but the Emperor was highly skilled in dark side force powers. My vote will be for Yoda, but it is a pretty evenly matched fight.

I disagree, from my point of view knowledge of the force is much more important then lightsaber skills. Palpatine could spawn force lighting pretty much non stop, i dont think Yoda could handle it.

Emperor is just too ****** for your litle green friend:p

Edited by mikegoist

Ok first of all the Emperor didn't win. When Yoda and the Emperor locked force powers Yoda was given a vision of Luke and that he had to survive to train him so after he fell and could've grabbed his lightsaber and continued the fight he ran so he could make sure he was there to train Luke. As far as who would win in a fight it would be a tough decision. Yoda is a better duelist with a lightsaber and the most powerful jedi at the time with force powers, but the Emperor was highly skilled in dark side force powers. My vote will be for Yoda, but it is a pretty evenly matched fight.

nope if yodo was more powerful he would not ran in first place he realzed sidious was too powerful to defeat by himself.

Yoda was more powerful in the force then Sidious.

But Yoda underestimated Sidious.

You see the reason why the Jedi fell so easily is due to them falling from their own ways, as did Yoda.

This was one of the major reasons the force needed to be balanced. Yoda like much of the Jedi became over confident and arrogant.

You see it when Yoda walks into the room and is very flashy. Sidious himsefl calls out Yoda on his arrogance, letting him know it would be his downfall.

Sidious even tries to run for the exit, but Yoda blocks him, stating "If so powerful you are, why leave" or something to that extend.

At this point even Sidious knew Yoda was the most powerful living force user. (Sidious would eventually surpass him)

The big difference is that the Sith had spent centuries learning how to destroy the Jedi, while the Jedi only knew how to fight the sith of old.

Yoda was blind sided by his own pride amd Sidious took advantage of it.

He went into exile because he felt this was all his fault. He was the Grand Master of the Jedi, he taught the lessons that eventually destroyed the order.

Why do you think he is so hesitant to train Luke in the future? He fears he will create another monster for the Dark side.

I would have to say draw. yoda was the most powerful jedi master of his time as was sidious the empowerment of the dark side. they simply would have had a statemate. This was apparent when they cancelled each other out and both flew backwards.

Yoda was more powerful in the force then Sidious.

But Yoda underestimated Sidious.

You see the reason why the Jedi fell so easily is due to them falling from their own ways, as did Yoda.

This was one of the major reasons the force needed to be balanced. Yoda like much of the Jedi became over confident and arrogant.

You see it when Yoda walks into the room and is very flashy. Sidious himsefl calls out Yoda on his arrogance, letting him know it would be his downfall.

Sidious even tries to run for the exit, but Yoda blocks him, stating "If so powerful you are, why leave" or something to that extend.

At this point even Sidious knew Yoda was the most powerful living force user. (Sidious would eventually surpass him)

The big difference is that the Sith had spent centuries learning how to destroy the Jedi, while the Jedi only knew how to fight the sith of old.

Yoda was blind sided by his own pride amd Sidious took advantage of it.

He went into exile because he felt this was all his fault. He was the Grand Master of the Jedi, he taught the lessons that eventually destroyed the order.

Why do you think he is so hesitant to train Luke in the future? He fears he will create another monster for the Dark side.

this is false

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa." ---Leland Chee

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

Edited by undeadsithdread

this is false

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa." ---Leland Chee

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

You really need to stop post that on every vs thread there is. Although Palpatine is stronger I still believe the fight was a stalemate. From the looks in the duel Yoda was too fast for Palpatine in saber combat and had to rely on his force powers movies > books books werent written by George Lucas just approved, George Lucas created the movies. Also Palpatine says: Now you will experience the full power of the dark side and fires a lightning blast at Yoda which only sends him flying backwards and knocking him out for like 30 seconds, if that is the full power of the darkside I'm not impressed. Btw I'm not denying that Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

So you want to send your best and not let us do the same. Windu PONED your boy. Say "oh he let Windu win" all you want but thats BS. Windu was the best there was.

You really need to stop post that on every vs thread there is. Although Palpatine is stronger I still believe the fight was a stalemate. From the looks in the duel Yoda was too fast for Palpatine in saber combat and had to rely on his force powers movies > books books werent written by George Lucas just approved, George Lucas created the movies. Also Palpatine says: Now you will experience the full power of the dark side and fires a lightning blast at Yoda which only sends him flying backwards and knocking him out for like 30 seconds, if that is the full power of the darkside I'm not impressed. Btw I'm not denying that Palpatine is the most powerful Sith Lord ever.

Yoda got knocked by a single bolt. And then struggled to keep up with Palpatine, I don't think you remember Palpatine laughing during the fight. Yoda was no match for Palps. Honestly, there is only one person I have seen that could truly kill Palps in his prime and thats Luke in his prime.

And the most amazing feat by Palps is creating a Gigantic Force Storm that could rip apart the New Republic Fleet and consume planets and create wormholes. And he has the strongest lightning ever. Since you don't want to accept the novels as G-Canon, whcih they really are. I'll use scenes.

Ep. 2, Yoda easily bends and reflects Dooku's lightning.

Ep. 3, Yoda is struggling to keep up with Palpatine, not once do we see Palpatine almost hit by his own lightning.

And Yoda flee's at the ending and says to Organa, "Failed I have. Into exile, I must go."

And the novels were co-written by Lucas.

Edited by BrandonSM

So you want to send your best and not let us do the same. Windu PONED your boy. Say "oh he let Windu win" all you want but thats BS. Windu was the best there was.

No he wasn't. He is my favorite character, but he isn't the best. Windu beat Sid in a duel, yeah, but in that duel Windu was probably no longer Jedi. He was a changed man, due to his lightsaber form he was able to win. But when he had Palps on the ground, he realized that was it. His lightsaber was about to rip out of his hands. Palpatine was bending his lightsaber.

I understand where people are coming from when they say Yoda did not necessarily lose. I mean if Anakin beat Kenobi would Kenobi be alive? If Sidious beat Yoda would Yoda be alive? I would think defeat at the hands of a Sith would be certain death. Yoda failed to defeat Sidious because Sidious had already won. The web was too big.

Palpatine hid the fact that he was a Sith from the Republic basically his whole life until it was necessary. He was surrounded by Jedi almost constantly and He was face to face with council members constantly (that includes Yoda). With all of that being said, Yoda has the advantage because he has more knowledge and wisdom to go off of, and In the long run that is what will pay off.

you can't argue against the fact that Yoda has more knowledge because Yoda is 900 years old. versus someone who was only 60 or 70.

Palpatine hid the fact that he was a Sith from the Republic basically his whole life until it was necessary. He was surrounded by Jedi almost constantly and He was face to face with council members constantly (that includes Yoda). With all of that being said, Yoda has the advantage because he has more knowledge and wisdom to go off of, and In the long run that is what will pay off.

you can't argue against the fact that Yoda has more knowledge because Yoda is 900 years old. versus someone who was only 60 or 70.

Someone who is 70 and had access to arts dating back to the old republic. Bane and his successors gathered knowledge on both the light and dark side for nearly 1000 years. Whereas Yoda shunned everything dark. He had spent his time preparing for the Sith of old whereas the Sith had spent time preparing for the Jedi of the future. One could argue that many of those years Yoda spent were wasted whereas Sidious used everything he had at his disposal. He studied the techniques of both the Sith and the Jedi and had the biggest collection of force teachings than anyone else.

Not to mention the Jedi spread their teachings out to many whereas the Sith only have two. With only one pupil you can devote all your attention to that one pupil. Teaching him everything you know. In essence. Sidious learned everything the Sith had to offer. By the third movie, revenge of the Sith, Sidious was the entire Sith Order. He knew every Sith technique there was and had mastered them all.

Edited by Rhyltran

Does it matter? I mean if Lucas writes the new TV show where the bounty hunters go back in time to prevent Anakin from ever becoming a Sith or Vader then chances are the fight never really happens anyway. Maybe we should be asking if Boba Fett's clone can beat the emperor?

(lol)

Does it matter? I mean if Lucas writes the new TV show where the bounty hunters go back in time to prevent Anakin from ever becoming a Sith or Vader then chances are the fight never really happens anyway. Maybe we should be asking if Boba Fett's clone can beat the emperor?

(lol)

There is no such t.v. show being made. It was made up. None of the rumors even have a source.

Someone who is 70 and had access to arts dating back to the old republic. Bane and his successors gathered knowledge on both the light and dark side for nearly 1000 years. Whereas Yoda shunned everything dark. He had spent his time preparing for the Sith of old whereas the Sith had spent time preparing for the Jedi of the future. One could argue that many of those years Yoda spent were wasted whereas Sidious used everything he had at his disposal. He studied the techniques of both the Sith and the Jedi and had the biggest collection of force teachings than anyone else.

Not to mention the Jedi spread their teachings out to many whereas the Sith only have two. With only one pupil you can devote all your attention to that one pupil. Teaching him everything you know. In essence. Sidious learned everything the Sith had to offer. By the third movie, revenge of the Sith, Sidious was the entire Sith Order. He knew every Sith technique there was and had mastered them all.

but yoda is almost a millennium. He may have ignored a lot of old Dark arts, but how many new powers could he have discovered or old Jedi techniques could he have perfected? He's had almost 1,000 years to prepare. If you learn something for 70 years (assuming palpatine could learn as a newborn) you won't be as good as someone who has been learning for 1,000 years

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

but yoda is almost a millennium. He may have ignored a lot of old Dark arts, but how many new powers could he have discovered or old Jedi techniques could he have perfected? He's had almost 1,000 years to prepare. If you learn something for 70 years (assuming palpatine could learn as a newborn) you won't be as good as someone who has been learning for 1,000 years

Time and age mean nothing in SW honestly.

Vitate is 1500 years old yet there are Sith who are 30-40 years old that could take him on.

And Sidious has the combined knowledge of just about every Sith Lord before him. The RoT says, the master passes everything onto the apprentice. Holocrons, artifacts and, knowledge was passed down.

Luke isn't as old as Yoda and yet Luke has done things Yoda has dreamed of.

There is no such t.v. show being made. It was made up. None of the rumors even have a source.

The show is being made, but no story and such has been released.

Actually, the show is on hold currently. Thats GL stating at an interview around the time of the piremiere of the Third Season of TCW.

either or.

They are both the top of their class on both sides, and even enough to both fight eachother and survive for a fair decent amount of time.

In battle, sometimes luck has to do with alot of it, especially with two experienced fighters. This includes real life or nearly any story character/world/universe.

One bad move of a saber, one cheap trick working, making a small mistake, could be over for either one of them.

That said, I believe the emp would have won it. Two great strong powers but one has more malicious intent probably has the edge over it....especially when they're enjoying themselves. If either one won, it wouldnt surprise me.