Lethality (and Concealment) Fix Made Easy

ZenRubin

Replace Deadly Directive with Hardened Barrels: Each rank granting 50% chance of a TA when using Overloaded Shot (100% with 2 ranks) and reduces the energy cost of Overloaded Shot by 3 (or whatever works for balance).

Replace Flash Power with Advanced Stim Boost: Each rank increases the amount of energy of Stim boost by X. Whatever works for balance.

Hardened Barrels would also increase the DPS of Concealment and fix the PVE damage issues with the acid blade reduction. So two minor changes fix both DPS trees. Concealment gets more DPS due to more TA’s. Lethality gets a ranged TA and some better energy options. Simple. And easy since almost no one takes those two skills anyway, it will impact almost no one in a negative way and what you replaced it will is better. So really, simple and easy.

Please? Pretty Please?

Edited by ZenRubin

I approve of this.

Also - does anyone ever use infiltrate? I see no use whatsoever for it, at least in PVP currently. It would be cool if it could used while you are already in stealth or could be used in combat to "shield" allies close to you. I guess my point is, why does it take us so many points in the tree (escape plan) to invest in a 1min cooldown on a pretty much useless skill? Sure the CD reduce on shield probe is decent, but I feel this skill could use a boost, being so high up in the tree.

I approve of this.

Also - does anyone ever use infiltrate? I see no use whatsoever for it, at least in PVP currently. It would be cool if it could used while you are already in stealth or could be used in combat to "shield" allies close to you. I guess my point is, why does it take us so many points in the tree (escape plan) to invest in a 1min cooldown on a pretty much useless skill? Sure the CD reduce on shield probe is decent, but I feel this skill could use a boost, being so high up in the tree.

I use infiltrate several times each wz. Not for the grp stealth, but to get a restealth when normal stealth is on cd. Sometimes you jump someone and kill then in a few secs (esp if they were low hp). Rather than run around out of stealth until its off cd, use infiltrate. Just be careful your huttball carrier is not out of combat and nearby.

I use infiltrate several times each wz. Not for the grp stealth, but to get a restealth when normal stealth is on cd. Sometimes you jump someone and kill then in a few secs (esp if they were low hp). Rather than run around out of stealth until its off cd, use infiltrate. Just be careful your huttball carrier is not out of combat and nearby.

That's kind of my point here, it's not very useful as a skill to begin with and the fact that it is improved so high up in the tree doesn't make sense to me. While you found a good workaround (I doubt that is what Bioware intended it to be used for), isn't the purpose of the skill a "group stealth" not a "O CRAP my stealth is on CD save me" button?

I think if we gave infiltrate the flash grenade buff (20% accuracy decrease vs those who were popped out of infiltrate for 10-15 seconds or so) or something similar that would be nice, or some kind of temporary group buff after coming out of infiltrate; it would give us more utility. I don't think I have ever seen an operative use this skill in a WZ or Flashpoint as a group skill but maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

There's a much lengthier and in depth discussion regarding TA generation and Lethality found here;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=221423

Matter of fact I'm going to bump it now. Also at a quick glance I'd say that your change to Overload Shot is a bit too much. A TA generator that you can spam is not something we need, and TA generation is not an issue for Concealment.

There's a much lengthier and in depth discussion regarding TA generation and Lethality found here;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=221423

Matter of fact I'm going to bump it now. Also at a quick glance I'd say that your change to Overload Shot is a bit too much. A TA generator that you can spam is not something we need, and TA generation is not an issue for Concealment.

Not too different but thank you for the link and bump. If you add these ideas to that thread we can let mine die. The problem with the idea of overload shot and shiv sharing a cool down from that thread is it would further hurt concealment. You often get blown back from your target especially starting in the mid 30's. Your best option while running back to them is overload shot. Also while in their face overload shot is part of the rotation while backstab and shiv cool down, so sharing that cool down would leave you with less DPS skills. For PVE concealment does not need less regular DPS. Making that change would really hurt the other tree. My idea wouldn't hurt concealment like the idea posted in that thread. You could make overload shot have a slighly longer cool down if needed. I don't see how being able to generate more TA easier will make the OP more powerful than anyone else in PVE nor should have a huge difference in PVP, the burst will be the same either way really.

Edited by ZenRubin

Not too different but thank you for the link and bump. If you add these ideas to that thread we can let mine die. The problem with the idea of overload shot and shiv sharing a cool down from that thread is it would further hurt concealment. You often get blown back from your target especially starting in the mid 30's. Your best option while running back to them is overload shot. Also while in their face overload shot is part of the rotation while backstab and shiv cool down, so sharing that cool down would leave you with less DPS skills. For PVE concealment does not need less regular DPS. Making that change would really hurt the other tree. My idea wouldn't hurt concealment like the idea posted in that thread. You could make overload shot have a slighly longer cool down if needed. I don't see how being able to generate more TA easier will make the OP more powerful than anyone else in PVE nor should have a huge difference in PVP, the burst will be the same either way really.

None of the changes proposed in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=221423 will affect Concealment. At some point in the post I go on to say that these changes should be incorporated into a tier five or six level in Lethality so that they will not affect Concealment primarily because I don't think Concealment needs such a change.

The Concealment rotation, which is more of a priority system does not include spamming Lacerate, rather it involves weaving Lacerate into your rotation just before a Shiv so that you can maintain maximum uptime on your 4% TA buff.

Our 2 posts do not entirely replace one another but they do incorporate some of the same ideas. If you wish I can it into my threads original post for the sake of amalgamating the two threads however the original post is not addressing the situation with Concealment nor is it stating that there is one. I would have to be careful to make sure there is a distinction between what you're saying and what the other post is saying in an attempt to not derail the original discussion. If you want to clarify your intentions or expand upon what you're saying I will put it into the original post as an exception.