Mercs need a small buff

Labradoraki

OK listen, we are talking about 50 pvp now so if you ont have 50 mercenary people dont talk because we know that they are op at 1-49 but in 50 its a different story...

NOTE:50 PVP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 1-49 PVP!!

anyway, into the main subject currently there is a new very broken build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcZMIzZfcbMdGhM.1 which makes powershot a godweapon that has 35% armor penetration and 10% more damage on flamed targets plus a good fast vent heat and free railshot with huge crit...

now arsenal compared to that might be good but the moment we are silenced we are dead... WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OTHER THAN TRACER MISSILE/POWERSHOT that does good damage and most of our good skills have a big cooldown. So the only thing we can do is run around while having other classses anihilate us fast since we got silenced and are now useless....plus we got 0 MOBILITY

So what i propose is a SMALL buff to mercs, a very small one so they can kill someone fast enough before we die... Increase the damage of tracer missile or powershot so we can kill someone fast enough BEFORE WE GO OOM and before we die because we are pretty much a turret that has 0 mobility

OK listen, we are talking about 50 pvp now so if you ont have 50 mercenary people dont talk because we know that they are op at 1-49 but in 50 its a different story...

NOTE:50 PVP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 1-49 PVP!!

anyway, into the main subject currently there is a new very broken build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rcZMIzZfcbMdGhM.1 which makes powershot a godweapon that has 35% armor penetration and 10% more damage on flamed targets plus a good fast vent heat and free railshot with huge crit...

now arsenal compared to that might be good but the moment we are silenced we are dead... WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OTHER THAN TRACER MISSILE/POWERSHOT that does good damage and most of our good skills have a big cooldown. So the only thing we can do is run around while having other classses anihilate us fast since we got silenced and are now useless....plus we got 0 MOBILITY

So what i propose is a SMALL buff to mercs, a very small one so they can kill someone fast enough before we die... Increase the damage of tracer missile or powershot so we can kill someone fast enough BEFORE WE GO OOM and before we die because we are pretty much a turret that has 0 mobility

You really have no clue how to spec Merc Pyro... If you are going to spam Buff/Nerf threads you should understand the class your QQ about. If you spec like you posted its no wonder you can't kill anyone as you miss some MUST have talents. No TD...really...No Superheated Rail...No Burnout...You sir are a bunch of fail and this is why you get pwned by everyone in PvP. This is above all a L2P/L2Spec issue

As a full champ 50 merc I see no reason whatsoever to increase the damage of Tracer/Power Shot. They already do enough.

The only thing I truly miss is having an interrupt, and possibly a tad bit more mobility if I were ever to bother spec'ing arsenal again.

This thread is silly.

we are COMPLETELY defensless when we are interrupted or ambushed, we have 0 mobility and have no interrupt and our only stun is a 1min cooldown that is barely ready when you need it. We jsut need A SLIGHT boost so we can do jsut enough damage before dying since we cant go away because we have to cast spells all the time

this has to be a troll, that is the single worse pyro merc build i have seen yet. You miss all the important skills in the tree that makes the pyro build work. GG.

This is not a pyro build, its a powershot build that deals huge amounts of damage and has 35% armor penetration, high dmg railshot is just another addvantage1!

Very informative opinion thenk you...

My Mainchar is a Merc.

You have very good Damage if you use ure skills right. You have 0 Movement, that's right. If u stand at one Place Spamming Tracers People will Hunt you to death, so use ure other skills. After killing someone get into an other position he/she might come back to kill you. You need a bit Tactic. You can use Railshot and Heetseeker missles on the Move when you have your five Heatsignatures. You have a exaptable knockback, and awesome one if its skilled. In My Opionion its not worth the 2 Skillpoints.

You have an Instant Stun, and another thats only worth using with Power surge = Instant but breaks on Damage.

No Buff needed for me, only thing to say: Read some Guides.

Edited by Luckorforever

You really have no clue how to spec Merc Pyro... If you are going to spam Buff/Nerf threads you should understand the class your QQ about. If you spec like you posted its no wonder you can't kill anyone as you miss some MUST have talents. No TD...really...No Superheated Rail...No Burnout...You sir are a bunch of fail and this is why you get pwned by everyone in PvP. This is above all a L2P/L2Spec issue

sorry not everyone wants to be hated for being a noob tracer spammer so some ppl actually use other very good bulds

i have 50 comando,50 vanguard,and almost44 sniper so i cant see the problem with have 3 50 char.

to the op,sorry but i have one 50 comando that i go to 50 at 25/12 and i have been doing pvp with my rakata gear because i have god dps.yes if i am silenced and focused im dead but if i am not silenced i can destroy to all the other team.

really i could pray for no nerfs but buffs?really?

the problem isnt the dps of comandos is the ammo regen of grav round when i have 60 critical on that skill(with the rakata geat and bonus set)

u need play with others chars at 50 if u really thin that we need buffs

Edited by prochuvi

What Mercs need are MORE USEFUL ABILITIES. Right now if I interrupt a merc's tracer missle they stand there confused for 4 seconds waiting for it to become ready to use again.. There is a 1-2 second delay and then they realize the button they are spamming to 5 stacks suddenly isn't working and they hit aoe pushback. Then go back to pressing their button: 1,1,1,1,1,2!!

I really feel bad for them because they are just as the OP said, bad class. BioWare needs to "buff you" by not making your build such an easy predictable damage rotation.

Although I hated troopers for awhile leveling.. now interrupt the grav round spam or the healing droid and watch them aoe push and shield until it becomes available again.

sorry not everyone wants to be hated for being a noob tracer spammer so some ppl actually use other very good bulds

Need a 4 secs CD on tracer, maybe 5. But with that the perma lightning for sorc needs a CD too.

Devs could call it "anti noob patch".

we are COMPLETELY defensless when we are interrupted or ambushed, we have 0 mobility and have no interrupt and our only stun is a 1min cooldown that is barely ready when you need it. We jsut need A SLIGHT boost so we can do jsut enough damage before dying since we cant go away because we have to cast spells all the time

Play a marauder then get back to me.

i have 50 comando,50 vanguard,and almost44 sniper so i cant see the problem with have 3 50 char.

to the op,sorry but i have one 50 comando that i go to 50 at 25/12 and i have been doing pvp with my rakata gear because i have god dps.yes if i am silenced and focused im dead but if i am not silenced i can destroy to all the other team.

really i could pray for no nerfs but buffs?really?

the problem isnt the dps of comandos is the ammo regen of grav round when i have 60 critical on that skill(with the rakata geat and bonus set)

u need play with others chars at 50 if u really thin that we need buffs

well we want balance here, and player stupidity of not silencing a nearby merc is the mistake and has nothing to do with balance, we need something so we can survive even with silence

This is not a pyro build, its a powershot build that deals huge amounts of damage and has 35% armor penetration, high dmg railshot is just another addvantage1!

so wait, let me get their straight. You are powershot spamming with a set up to make powershot slightly stronger when hitting burning targets. I wonder if you know that tracer missile does more damage. *sigh* Then tracer missile even makes your rail shot do more damage then this build, plus ya get demo round which is basically rail shot on steroids.

So again, I say this is a troll, a very bad troll.

so wait, let me get their straight. You are powershot spamming with a set up to make powershot slightly stronger when hitting burning targets. I wonder if you know that tracer missile does more damage. *sigh* Then tracer missile even makes your rail shot do more damage then this build, plus ya get demo round which is basically rail shot on steroids.

So again, I say this is a troll, a very bad troll.

tracer doesnt get the 35% armor penetration that ranged abilities like power shot get... if you spec into it, powershot does more damage plus railshot also does 30% more crit and its free

sorry but it isnt hard to level 3 classes at 50

I bite it troll.

And that is why you are terrible with you merc. Not that there's much to the spec anyway, but you really expect to know your spec well having spent the majority of your playtime leveling 2 others?

Knowing other classes is a great way to get an edge in PvP, but thats after you actually know your own class.

TL;DR version: L2P. That is all.

Edited by Soulaufein

What Mercs need are MORE USEFUL ABILITIES. Right now if I interrupt a merc's tracer missle they stand there confused for 4 seconds waiting for it to become ready to use again.. There is a 1-2 second delay and then they realize the button they are spamming to 5 stacks suddenly isn't working and they hit aoe pushback. Then go back to pressing their button: 1,1,1,1,1,2!!

I really feel bad for them because they are just as the OP said, bad class. BioWare needs to "buff you" by not making your build such an easy predictable damage rotation.

Although I hated troopers for awhile leveling.. now interrupt the grav round spam or the healing droid and watch them aoe push and shield until it becomes available again.

Couldn't agree more. And the people who are responding to this thread negatively, obviously don't understand the Mercenary class.

You laugh when we get stunned and wait for Tracer Missle to come back? Well guys, other than Jet Boosting the enemy away and shielding up while it's on Cooldown, it's all we've got. It's not a huge problem. I'm still in the top 3 in a competitive Warzone, but there's not many classes that I can 1v1... And I consider myself an above average pvp'er. Oh well, I like my class.

Couldn't agree more. And the people who are responding to this thread negatively, obviously don't understand the Mercenary class.

You laugh when we get stunned and wait for Tracer Missle to come back? Well guys, other than Jet Boosting the enemy away and shielding up while it's on Cooldown, it's all we've got. It's not a huge problem. I'm still in the top 3 in a competitive Warzone, but there's not many classes that I can 1v1... And I consider myself an above average pvp'er. Oh well, I like my class.

anyone can be first in kill if he follows his team and leaves when they die... anyone can get go k:d ratio with that stupid team system.... Also laughing doesnt help when you get silenced and get decimated by other classes becuse your a useless turrets without bullets then

The problem here is that it's not a good build. What you're doing is trying to make the game work around your particular play style instead of taking what's in front of you and playing the way it's most effective. Instead of changing your play style to accommodate for the class' strengths, you want BW to change the game to accommodate for your play style.

Not very reasonable. Also, I have a 50 merc. I wouldn't use your build if you paid me (unless it was an ungodly amount of money).

tracer doesnt get the 35% armor penetration that ranged abilities like power shot get... if you spec into it, powershot does more damage plus railshot also does 30% more crit and its free

Ok, so lets say tracer does not get that armor pen, does not matter, its a tech attack and by pass's all def/shielding stats, this makes up for that. Plus 35% armor pen amounts to maybe a 5% more damage, 10% at the very most. Which still does not put powershot in the range of tracer missles base damage.

Now with the rail shot, you get 30% base damage on it from tracer, that means your crits hit harder too. so 30% base damage > 30% crit damage. Plus demo round does get a 30% crit bonus to boot, which has a much higher base damage then railshot, and its a tech attack to boot.

So All you are doing is making a subpar build compaired to a tracer missle setup.

Edited by MadcatGTs

The problem here is that it's not a good build. What you're doing is trying to make the game work around your particular play style instead of taking what's in front of you and playing the way it's most effective. Instead of changing your play style to accommodate for the class' strengths, you want BW to change the game to accommodate for your play style.

Not very reasonable. Also, I have a 50 merc. I wouldn't use your build if you paid me (unless it was an ungodly amount of money).

sorry but that build does as much damage as a powershot build and has even better heat control. Also both arsenal and powershot build needs a small buff because like others said when we get silenced its over.... we have 0 mobility and are DEAD!