Lets address the black sheep BW is ignoring.

settix

Lets just lay this out on the table. The real reason Biochem is such a "must have" crew skill, and for what ever reason BW refuses to address. Reusable Adrenals Yes any other non-biochem player can use blue adrenals for the same effect. But at a 15second duration, it is not economically feasible for me to buy and use blue adrenals. Yet if I don't use adrenals at all, then I am putting myself at a definite disadvantage compared to those that do.

On my server a stack of 10 adrenals sells for 110k (may be a bit over-inflated, depending on each servers economy). So if i wasn't biochem we are talking about me spending 400-600k a night to pvp or raid. I would really enjoy doing a different crew skill, but until this is addressed there is no way I would ever drop biochem for another crew skill.

My only real suggestions to fix this would be,

1. Make all reusable items tradeable and useable by anyone (yes this would mildly hurt profits of biochem as they wouldn't be able to price gouge on blues. But no other crew skill can do the same anyhow)
  2. remove all reusable adrenals from the game.

nothing beyond these two would ever make me switch from biochem.

Edited by settix

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making reusable items tradeable and not require a certain crewskill level would ruin the game though. The reusable items require BoP materials, so making them tradable is dumb. Everyone in a guild would have all the Rakata reusable stims and adrenals and they would just let the biochem get the alloys from hardmodes and normal ops so the guild could get them. And not requiring a certain crewskill level would allow people to make the reusable stuff from biochem/cybertech then move on to something else.

Why don't we just nerf every thing in this game down till we are all fighting with wooden armor and a big stick. Ohh never mind someone would cry cuz they got a sliver from the armor.

I don't agree with all nerfs, but you can't honestly say that the crew skills are even remotely balanced. I really do want to go with a different crew skill, but I feel like if i do I am limiting myself in pvp far too much.

Why don't we just nerf every thing in this game down till we are all fighting with wooden armor and a big stick. Ohh never mind someone would cry cuz they got a sliver from the armor.

There shouldnt be infinite use consumables for anyone. The perk should be put elsewhere so that it is easy to manage and ward off inevitable nerfages.

There's an easy fix for this. Make the non-reusable adrenals get made in 10s. There's no reason an adrenal should be as expensive as a full stim. 1/10th the price of a stim seems about right. You can make 2k credits just by killing a random level 50 elite so nobody with half a brain would consider this to be a high cost. Biochem's use would mainly be MINOR cost saving with this change. Edited by Tumri

** aside from the fact that I don't think adrenals, relics, & pvp consumables should stack**

Lets just lay this out on the table. The real reason Biochem is such a "must have" crew skill, and for what ever reason BW refuses to address. Reusable Adrenals

Stacking adrenals with relics & pvp consumables is currently overpowered in pvp. Everyone with half a brain knows this. Thus going biochem is really the only option for folks that are looking for a gear edge in pvp through crew skills.

Yes any other non-biochem player can use blue adrenals for the same effect. But at a 15second duration, I use my adrenal anywhere between 5-8 times per pvp match. Our guild pvp's for 4 hours on most nights, with near instant pvp queues, doing 2-3 matches an hour. That's 40-60 adrenals used in a night if it wasn't for the fact that mine are all reusable.

On my server a stack of 10 adrenals sells for 110k (may be a bit over-inflated, depending on each servers economy). So if i wasn't biochem we are talking about me spending 400-600k a night to pvp. I would really enjoy doing a different crew skill, but until this is addressed there is no way I would ever drop biochem for another crew skill.

My only real suggestions to fix this would be,

1. Make all reusable items tradeable and useable by anyone (yes this would mildly hurt profits of biochem as they wouldn't be able to price gouge on blues. But no other crew skill can do the same anyhow)
  2. remove all reusable adrenals from the game.

nothing beyond these two would ever make me switch from biochem.

Wow really? Biochem was already nerfed twice and the reusables are now worse then the non reusables. I cant believe people still cry for more. All you are doing is ruining a game.

Lets be fair about price gouging too... do you understand the material cost of what it takes to make those adrenals/stims/medpacks?

Wow really? Biochem was already nerfed twice and the reusables are now worse then the non reusables. I cant believe people still cry for more. All you are doing is ruining a game.

Lets be fair about price gouging too... do you understand the material cost of what it takes to make those adrenals/stims/medpacks?

I would have no problem with the current nerfs being reversed if either one of my two solutions were implemented. Because lets face it, those nerfs they are implementing now don't address the real problem with biochem being over the top. Neither the rakata med packs or stims is really the issue. It's the adrenals and how they stack with the relics that really make biochem the beast it is.

The bioware dev's claim to play their game, but the patches we have seen so far and their direction taken to fix problem in game really make me question if they actually do.

Why is this such an issue? Why is a reusable item the only thing you make a Biochem for. You can buy them off a vendor or the GTN... This is the same thing Alchemist had in World of Warcraft also. Do not remember anyone crying about their reusable flasks or pots.

I agree with making some of the items useable by everyone, but not reusable items. Once yo do that what is the point of being a biochem? Then everyone will go back to the original reason we got the first nerf to Biochem. People would grind up biochem and get the reusable, then ditch biochem and level something else.

If you make all these items useable by everyone, then what is the point in being a biochemist. Everyone would buy one item and never need it in game ever again. That is not going to fly.

Edited by Tynis

that would be great, then biochem will just be a stepping stone just like synthweaving and artifice, get your reusable adrenal, stim and medpack for your toons then make rakata bracers and belt with augment slot and finaly make your relics then never look at a tradeskill again

I actually think what they are doing is the smartest thing.

1. Reducing the costs to make Blues is going to significantly reduce the cost on the GTN. It may not immediately, but people will come around.

2. Making the Reusable adrenals tradeable and not require Biochem is the worst solution possible. This has to exist. The advantage of the Rakata Stims is that for your own use as the crafter - you don't have to waste money. This is why they reduced their effectiveness down to be equal to the rest of the stims - it's a great advantage. It's a crafting profession - which means that for personal use, the cost should be minimal, and the items sold should bring you profits.

3. If you wanted this to be fair for the other classes, then the solution would be (for example) to make it so that at 400 Armormech (and other such Professions) - the crafter no longer has to pay repair costs on the armor that THEY made. As soon as the Battlemaster and such mods can be removed and place onto Orange crafted gear... this sort of advantage will be INCREDIBLY desireable. But that is only half the solution.

4. Now, for WZ's, this isn't a big problem. But everywhere else - especially in the later levels, repairs can be quite costly. And really... I should say that if you lose the WZ, your team should have all armor durability reduced by 45%, just to ensure the viability of this sort of change. People whose gameplay consists of nothing but WZ's have pretty much been afforded a free-ride in this game. This needs to stop.

5. Assuming all of this comes into play as it should - this might mean that there could be a major cash-flow problem for people who only want WZ's and not contribute to the bigger game. This is why Slicing did not need to be nerfed.

Edited by Raice

Making reusable items tradeable and not require a certain crewskill level would ruin the game though. The reusable items require BoP materials, so making them tradable is dumb. Everyone in a guild would have all the Rakata reusable stims and adrenals and they would just let the biochem get the alloys from hardmodes and normal ops so the guild could get them. And not requiring a certain crewskill level would allow people to make the reusable stuff from biochem/cybertech then move on to something else.

You mean... exactly the same as it is now, only with people making their gear from the other profession and then rerolling into Biochem for the stims?

Yeah, I can totally see how that would ruin the game.

Stacking adrenals with relics & pvp consumables is currently overpowered in pvp. Everyone with half a brain knows this.

And everyone with half a brain knows that the same advantage everyone else have you have too, and you cant stack 2 adrenals bio/pvp.This is just one more way to prove how skilled you are using them at the right time, please BW has many issues to worry about, dont waste they time reading this.

Edited by thiagorib

You do realize that, in general, if they were to remove the reusable adrenals you'd basically never get an adrenal from a biochem ever again right? They would spend all of those mats on adrenals for themselves, unless they are credit farming for something and even then they are going to be way above the cost they are now.

The reusable adrenal I get as a biochem is there so I have the adrenal or adrenals I need at all times most likely one offense and one defense. Now every other mat I get for the non reusable green adrenals go straight to other people in the form of whatever adrenal they may need. Will I charge them? Yes. Will I undercharge or possibly comp adrenals to people doing a quest, dungeon, or possibly even a War Zone with me? Yes, so long as I don't need to use those mats to create my own adrenals.

Now in that last section I said greens would go to other people because the greens are just as strong as the reusable purple I get. The blues I can create will most likely stay right with me for emergencies. That's because blues are now the strongest items and the hardest to make in large numbers. If my reusable items were still the strongest of them all I'd even give the blues out like candy. However I can understand fully why they had to knock the power level down on the purples. And in that light making them infinite but only the second strongest thing on the market, and one of the hardest things for a biochemist to craft at all they have pretty much balanced out that power level and helped everyone including non biochemists. You get a market flooded with the adrenals you need. This is only because I always have the adrenals I need.

This same reasoning goes for stimulants and med packs as well.

So find a dealer and they will hook you up with everything you need because they already have an unending stash to service their own needs. If you make it so those dealers start having to dig into their own sales product to service their habit there ain't gunna be much product on the market. But you will still need it so they will be able to charge way more than you can afford. What are you going to do then?

Also as many have already said. Please stop asking them to slam Biochem into the ground. I won't say it is the only useful crafting profession as everyone else can make massive amounts of money selling their stuff on their way up through the levels. (Not to mention the fact that soon you will be able to strip mods from the end game gear and put it into oranges with augment slots.) But I will say Biochem is quite solidly built and seems with this last tweak to be pretty much the perfect crafting skill in my mind. I say leave Biochem alone it is perfect where it is at. If you really need to play the best choice all the time jump on in and pick up biochem. Instead of hating on biochem and asking for it to be worse. You should really ask them to buff the trade skill you wanted to use. Come up with some suggestions for those trade skills and let's see what we can get done to make the other professions more viable. Just a note there asking for more positive ideas and less negative hating.

For me I will always be a biochemist on my main character. I knew before I even started reading data on this game i would be playing biochem, or whatever they called it in this game. To me there is nothing you can do to make any other profession stronger than whichever profession creates the consumables. When I found out about the reusable's I was happy that I would be able to share some of the Biochemist's awesome with all of my friends and guildies. However if you all feel other wise I will go back to worrying only about number one, but I really hate having to do that.

TL;DR: read sections 1, 2, and 4. it gets the basic premise across.

I helped a battlemaster run a hardmode to get his alloy, I asked if he was making an adrenal and he said no he uses the expertise adreinal. Everyone gets free adrenals and medpacs for pvp so whats the big deal? The real issue is that no other crafting skill offers anything worth while. They need to add things like crafting boots to make you run faster, a gadget to battle rez, etc. One or two reusables for every crafting skill.

I helped a battlemaster run a hardmode to get his alloy, I asked if he was making an adrenal and he said no he uses the expertise adreinal. Everyone gets free adrenals and medpacs for pvp so whats the big deal? The real issue is that no other crafting skill offers anything worth while. They need to add things like crafting boots to make you run faster, a gadget to battle rez, etc. One or two reusables for every crafting skill.

or make the crafted rakata gear with augmentslots require the skill used to craft them