Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is anyone actually happy with this game?

Kloned

Ive not seen a positive topic yet, so im assuming no one likes this game. If so, what keeps you paying for it?

Ive already unsubbed due to entirely too many reasons to name (basically i got spoiled by wow game mechanics and gameplay). Now whats your reason for not cancelling?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the game still needs some work, but all in all I'm having fun. The pvp is fun now that I have some gear, the flashpoints are entertaining and I have an alt that's keeping me busy now too. One thing they needed to work on is the endgame. Aside from more quests raiding and pvp there isn't anything else to keep a level 50 busy. But last time I checked, wow wasn't much better when it came out, so I think given some time it will fix itself up and kick some ***. I have faith. :)

You've not seen a positive topic because people only QQ. Put a comment box in a restaurant, read the comments. will be like 95% negative. Does that mean 95% of the people disliked it? No, it means only the people who didnt enjoy bothered to write it.

Also, it became pretty common for people to think they are better than the producers, that them and only them knows whats best. So if something isn't how they think it should, it immediately means the other party is wrong. And finally, bugs are bugs and will eventually be fixed. Testing a game to be fully bug free before release is impossible, you are ignorant if you think otherwise.

Ive not seen a positive topic yet, so im assuming no one likes this game. If so, what keeps you paying for it?

Ive already unsubbed due to entirely too many reasons to name (basically i got spoiled by wow game mechanics and gameplay). Now whats your reason for not cancelling?

Honestly from lvl 1-49 it's a fabulous game, in almost every way. Problem is the same as in all of EA's MMO Titles, they have absolutely no concept of how to design End Game, and to make it worse they keep using the same talent pool to do End Game on each and every title. I've tried explaining what's going on in SWTOR's end game to a lot of my friends who haven't played that ask about it, I get the same response: "So they screwed it up just like in Warhammer?". And it's not just WAR, they eventually did the exact same thing with Ultima Online as well.

EA Simply does not get gear based game play and they force their ignorance on all their subsidiary studios.

Edited by Quantum

You've not seen a positive topic because people only QQ. Put a comment box in a restaurant, read the comments. will be like 95% negative. Does that mean 95% of the people disliked it? No, it means only the people who didnt enjoy bothered to write it.

Also, it became pretty common for people to think they are better than the producers, that them and only them knows whats best. So if something isn't how they think it should, it immediately means the other party is wrong. And finally, bugs are bugs and will eventually be fixed. Testing a game to be fully bug free before release is impossible, you are ignorant if you think otherwise.

I Unsub aswell but this ^ is just ridiculous and also I don't know what restaurants you eat at but is clear to see no one on the forums is leaving any " Tips ".

I agree, but the state of the level 50 pvp game is pretty bad. I mean really bad.

I agree, everyone that is still subbing is too busy playing game to check the forums. In most cases anyways. :p Everyone I play with loves the game, myself included.

I'm not going to say I'm better than the producers, but what I will say is if I was the manager of a supermarket, and watched one of the stock boys drop jar after jar of Spaghetti sauce while filling the shelves, I wouldn't have him stocking Spaghetti Sauce anymore I'd find something he's more suitable at like stocking toilet paper.

There is so many HUGE things that are screwed up in this game is amazing. The random crap with champ bags is amazing. I stopped playing my shadow after going 1 for 38 bags of nothing. So, started playing smuggler and i have gotten 4 fooking implants out of 28 bags...yes 4 implants and only implants...HTF does someone say this is a good system PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ explain to me how this is not the worst system in any game that has pvp ever..??????????????????????????????????????

This is my last month as well, 1-49 was enjoyable but like everyone else end game content is not there, and the PVP system needs help. I currently have 5 PVP helmets in my bag, honestly what am i going to do with 5 helmets?????

I will check out the game in another 6 months to see if they have improved their design. Otherwise its going to be d3 from what i can tell.

Again, people hope to have a game all polished up perfectly on release date. Come back in 1 year, or 2, but then you'll still see as many people QQ, because they don't get exactly what they want. Also I feel that a large percentage of people unsubbing are actually posting it, even though theres a few, it's really not that many compared to their 1.6million after first month.

P.S. The restaurant was an example, but you do have comment boxes in most fast foods.

< is still having fun, still has things to do and play

isnt that all the reason one needs?

besides , its 15 bucks a month , that equates to 50 cents a day....if that breaks your bank, you got bigger problems than choosing what game to play bro...

srsly i spend more than fifty cents on the electricity used to write and post this reply....i can wait and play other **** when i get bored of this and wait for content patches, a buck a day isnt rly gonna change my economical situation...

You asked this question in the PvP forums? :confused:

I've actually seen a theory going around that the people who are satisfied with the game don't post on the forums. This isn't 100% true. I've seen quite a few players post they do enjoy the game in spite of the glitches and bugs. The positive posts are out there. You just have to sift through all of the negativity and whining to find them. :p

< is still having fun, still has things to do and play

isnt that all the reason one needs?

besides , its 15 bucks a month , that equates to 50 cents a day....if that breaks your bank, you got bigger problems than choosing what game to play bro...

srsly i spend more than fifty cents on the electricity used to write and post this reply....i can wait and play other **** when i get bored of this and wait for content patches, a buck a day isnt rly gonna change my economical situation...

Agreed. If people are having fun, good for them.

But the money isn't the issue. Why give them any money someone isn't having fun?