The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maximising Rail Shot

Talon_Starfire

Neither of those maximize rail shot. If you want to have the biggest rail shot crits, use this build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMcZfhMbdGhMc.1

Higher overall dps as well than either of those builds

This is definetly the higher Railshot build but with all those points in Pyrotech you might well then TD and an extra 3% critcal for tech attacks.

And just go for the 4/6/31

This is definetly the higher Railshot build but with all those points in Pyrotech you might well then TD and an extra 3% critcal for tech attacks.

And just go for the 4/6/31

I like using 31 pyrotech, but it usually involves dropping the 9% aim bonus. And without that, you're not maximizing railshot.

Would you post the 4/6/31 please?

Thanks

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMrzGGMs.1

Yeah well it certainly doesn't max railshot, and while it is one of the strongest attacks there is no need to forget other high DPS abilities like Thermal Detonator.

The 9% boost is aim is great but it won't be able to match with TD which also benefits from the 30+% crit damage.

Although railshot is a very hard hitting attack and pyros do use it all the time, you cannot ignore your other great abilities like the poster above mentioned.

Rail shot is one of the few ranged abilities we have, which means it goes up against the targets defense, so in order to fully maximize rail shot, you lose a lot in our tech abilities that do not go against the targets defense for the most part. It's somewhat complicated but the 4/6/31 build is hands down the best build for max damage.

Yeah well it certainly doesn't max railshot, and while it is one of the strongest attacks there is no need to forget other high DPS abilities like Thermal Detonator.

The 9% boost is aim is great but it won't be able to match with TD which also benefits from the 30+% crit damage.

Looks like a good build,Thanks.

Does that spec for Flame Sweep as well as TD?

Thanks

Neither of those maximize rail shot. If you want to have the biggest rail shot crits, use this build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMcZfhMbdGhMc.1

Higher overall dps as well than either of those builds

My build is exactly the same except 1 out of burnout and put that into prototype cylinders and put the vent heat cd points into the heat venting whenever u get stunned/rooted. Either way, our builds maximize rail shot equally :)

My build is exactly the same except 1 out of burnout and put that into prototype cylinders and put the vent heat cd points into the heat venting whenever u get stunned/rooted. Either way, our builds maximize rail shot equally :)

I actually do the same, I just made that build quickly to pick up all the talents that affect railshot. And to address those above discussing how TD is a higher dps choice than the aim: there's really no way to tell without a combat log. It's possible TD is the highest dps route, but it's also possible that the aim is a better choice.

I actually do the same, I just made that build quickly to pick up all the talents that affect railshot. And to address those above discussing how TD is a higher dps choice than the aim: there's really no way to tell without a combat log. It's possible TD is the highest dps route, but it's also possible that the aim is a better choice.

The aim boosts is more consistent I guess but it is not gonna give a non railshot ability that often hits for the same as RS. It is mainly because of the firebug trait higher crit chance (6+%).

Explosive Dart won't hitting that high at all.

I looked at the trees and couldn't find the venting when stunned/rooted talent would you post the build please?

Thanks

Well for PVE the builds without TD are probably better but in PVP which is just about burst damage TD wins hands down.

I'd rarely had any heat issues unless Railshot doesn't proc from like 5 flame bursts in a row.

Pyrotech tree lets you use Vent heat more often which is great to prevent overheating. Thermal sensor override is also good for sticking a free IM on targets.

And there no reason not to use Rapid shots epecially if you manage to get melee users out of the 10m range.

And of course reaching 70+ heat is fine if you actually win the fight. There is no point trying to stick strictly below 40 if you're gonna get killed because of it.

Would the build be as effective if I took the points out of Degauss and put it in Infrared Sensors so this.

Thanks

Edited by Talon_Starfire