ATTN: Devs

DarthBanshay

Posting this in the warrior forums because it applies to both our respective classes

Currently there are a couple of issues that I can think of that are really hurting class balance when it comes to Sith Warriors in PvP (and Jedi Knights, as well). Obviously there are other issues as well, such as the air vents in huttball causing us to bug out whenever we force charge over them, but these are the core ability changes that I feel need to be made before we start worrying about fine tuning and trying to work out minor bug fixes which everyone has learned to live with and simply know to avoid by now. The following is a list of the issues that I feel should be dealt with.

#1 Ravage

For starters, why make this a channeled ability? We're talking about a melee class here, not a caster. Giving us a long-term channeled melee ability is just, well, stupid. About 80% of the time that this ability is used in PvP, the third and most damaging attack has nothing to hit because the target has already moved out of melee range. Fix this so that we can use it on the move or make it apply some kind of slowing affect on the target.

#2 Unleash

This ability needs a short duration stun immunity to go along with it, figure about 2 seconds. At least enough time for us to squeeze one ability in between global cooldowns before we end up getting stunned again. There are few things more infuriating than burning a 2 minute cooldown just to have your toon get IMMEDIATELY restunned again.

Posting this in the warrior forums because it applies to both our respective classes

Currently there are a couple of issues that I can think of that are really hurting class balance when it comes to Sith Warriors in PvP (and Jedi Knights, as well). Obviously there are other issues as well, such as the air vents in huttball causing us to bug out whenever we force charge over them, but these are the core ability changes that I feel need to be made before we start worrying about fine tuning and trying to work out minor bug fixes which everyone has learned to live with and simply know to avoid by now. The following is a list of the issues that I feel should be dealt with.

#1 Ravage

For starters, why make this a channeled ability? We're talking about a melee class here, not a caster. Giving us a long-term channeled melee ability is just, well, stupid. About 80% of the time that this ability is used in PvP, the third and most damaging attack has nothing to hit because the target has already moved out of melee range. Fix this so that we can use it on the move or make it apply some kind of slowing affect on the target.

#2 Unleash

This ability needs a short duration stun immunity to go along with it, figure about 2 seconds. At least enough time for us to squeeze one ability in between global cooldowns before we end up getting stunned again. There are few things more infuriating than burning a 2 minute cooldown just to have your toon get IMMEDIATELY restunned again.

#1 Ravage is a PvE move. only used in pvp when out of rage and let first two tick. Extremely hard to use with gore, or any other ability in pvp.

#2 Force camouflage. If jugg, you're a tank, deal with it.

Edited by Superdude-

#1 Ravage is a PvE move. only used in pvp when out of rage and let first two tick. Extremely hard to use with gore, or any other ability in pvp.

#2 Force camouflage. If jugg, you're a tank, deal with it.

You can't be that naive.

1. Wrong. Very wrong. Ravage is as pve as it is pvp. Try it sometimes on slowed enemies.

2. "If jugg, you're a tank" is extremely narrow minded and if you ever face a dps jugg who knows what he's doing, you'd lie down snorting dirt without knowing what exactly happened.

Edited by gibmachine

Not sure about Juggs, but as far as Mara's go, I can also express discontent with Ravage. Even specced Carnage, meaning deadly throw and Ravage are both SUPPOSED to ignore resolve which they often do but just as often don't, I still have issue getting that third strike to hit sometimes. People will teleport as i'm throwing the attacks making me thing that they're only rooted for the actual strike and not the whole three seconds. Granted, as I said, it does sometimes work as intended. But overall I think we need to be able to MOVE while using Ravage. That would, I believe, help with most people's issues. As for the rooting issue, i'm not sure how that could be fixed. Probably related to the animation bug, but i'm not for certain on that one.

Ravage is a moot point. Unless they will also make it immune to interrupts, you won't be getting it off in PvP anyway. I mean, what else are people you're fighting going to use their interrupt for? We have nothing else that's channeled, short of choke, which will CC them anyhow.

Even if they make it castable on the move, it'll just be interrupted on the move and that's it.

If they make it castable on the move and uninterruptible, people will save their CC to break it.

And if they make it castable on the move, uninterruptible and immune to CC, the class would become overpowered.

So, a moot point. Speed up the animation and leave it as is.

Ravage is a moot point. Unless they will also make it immune to interrupts, you won't be getting it off in PvP anyway. I mean, what else are people you're fighting going to use their interrupt for? We have nothing else that's channeled, short of choke, which will CC them anyhow.

Even if they make it castable on the move, it'll just be interrupted on the move and that's it.

If they make it castable on the move and uninterruptible, people will save their CC to break it.

And if they make it castable on the move, uninterruptible and immune to CC, the class would become overpowered.

So, a moot point. Speed up the animation and leave it as is.

There is a talent that makes it uninterruptible in the Rage tree...

So if you want to go that route, it's available to you.

And honestly... to the people who think its unuseable in PvP... are you really that oblivious to the flow and movement of combat? Do you not notice when someone gets stunned or force choked, or knocked down by other classes? Or realize that healer classes have to stop to get off there largest heals?

In most pvp, I can't even consider it situational... it's a fairly easy ability to use, and even if the last hit doesn't connect, your doing a good 2.5k dmg most of the time in about 1.5 seconds... It's one of those moves that if someone is low health, it's almost night impossible for them to heal through. They either move and get killed by something else, or stand still, try to heal, and get killed by you...

Edit: Also, I'm against making it being able to be used while moving... as it is, with force push, talented obliterate, free aoe snare...we're pretty much unkiteable as it is. The only surefire way to reduce our damage is to constantly stay on the move, and if we we're able to use Ravage while they are doing that... I dunno, I think it would just be over the top.

Edited by JohnAntilles