Off hand Lightsaber...

KoreanKamkazi

Just started with this class... and im sorry if this is a re-post, but could someone tell me if the off hand should be as powerful as the main hand? How does the damage work with the off hand?

just wondering, if this is a question that has already been addressed please direct me to the answer...

thank you

Off-hands get 66% of the damage of your mainhand when you spec into the +36% offhand damage talent. Currently the off-hand damage doesn't scale with power/strength and as a result it's basically just a glorified stat stick.

If you open up your character menu and mouse over your damage values, you can see how your damage values play out.

Essentially offhand damage is calculated as a percentage of the base damage of your offhand saber. Without the talents in the Combat tree, that percentage is 30 percent I believe.

I believe offhand does get bonus damage from stats like Power however, which is one of the reasons why you should want to stack Power when it becomes available.

I believe offhand does get bonus damage from stats like Power however, which is one of the reasons why you should want to stack Power when it becomes available.

Actually, it doesnt get any bonus damage from Power either!

the way you word it makes it seem like if you get a stronger main hand your offhand attacks will do more damage

Yeah I meant 66% of your mainhand's base damage. They're pretty terrible as far as scaling goes(they just DONT scale).

Edited by Tumri

you guys do know that us Sentinels get 3 damage ranges.

1. Melee Damage

2. Offhand Damage

3. Bonus Damage

And they also go in that order, too.

When you use an ability that requires 2 sabers (such as Blade Storm) the bonus damage applies, meaning you get main hand + offhand + bonus damage.. so you do indeed get extra damage from power unlike many of you are saying.

Fair enough, it doesn't get power added to your standard/single saber attacks - but why should it? technically it isn't even being used.

The offhand saber is ONLY used for skills that require it, and when it IS used the bonus damage from strength/power is indeed calculated.

It goes off the base damage of the sabre itself.

Without talents this is then multiplied by 0.3 to give the value added to your mainhand.

If it is talented this is increased to 0.66 multiplier.

But then there's accuracy, I cant quite remember but I think it's 50% for regular and 60% for special for offhand attacks.

So worse case scenario its base damage x 0.3 x 0.5 = not much!

Bonus damage is added once. So it's mainhand + offhand + bonus. Not (mainhand+bonus)+(offhand+bonus) which is what most seem to expect...