accuracy in everything?

Rhavim

as gunnery spec

ok, so lvling up and pvping i figured that crit and surge were the best things to stack, crit for that ammo bonus on crits, and seeing that i'd be stacking crit, might aswell stack surge to get big crits.

now that i'm 50 and gearing up, i've noticed that EVERY SINGLE piece of tionese gear seems to have crit and accuracy

accuracy seems to increase my chance to hit, which is nice, anything above 100% reduces oponent's chance to dodge/parry, but whats the cap on this? i have almost nothing of tionese gear, mostly some crafteds and a drop or two and a pvp item somewhere with accuracy, and i'm already 106% (so 6% less dodge/parry already)

getting that full tionese would give me at least another 8% accuracy, but i'm kind of afraid it'll be totally useless.

any thoughts?

edit: just another thought, the tionese stuff is also accuracy and power... almost no crit...

Edited by Rhavim

The problem with stacking accuracy in huge amounts is that no one stacks defense rating in huge amounts because the other defensive stats are superior (for tech users they're sheild rating and absorption).

Now, if accuracy actually started added armor penetration like it did in beta it would be good to stack but they nixed that before release.

In reality just get your base (not special ability) accuracy to about 105% and you'll be fine. Anything more than that is kind of a waste.

how do you know over 100% accuracy only negates dodge/parry?

cause thats what the game says when you mouse over it.

and btw, im talking about straight PVE here, i know nobody stacks defense in pvp so its worthless past 105% in pvp, i want to know if anyone is noticing boss dodge or parry past the 105 mark.

i want to know if anyone is noticing boss dodge or parry past the 105 mark.

Only speaking from my experience on this: I have about 110% accuracy and don't miss very often on any boss from NM FP to HM Ops, its not even something I consider at the moment. If the boss enrages I seem to miss more, this is obviously a mechanic though and hopefully shouldn't happen too often if you're doing it right :D

Only speaking from my experience on this: I have about 110% accuracy and don't miss very often on any boss from NM FP to HM Ops

but you DO miss?

im pretty sure the full set of tionese would give alot more then 110%, id think the developers wouldnt make an amor SET with set bonuses that wastes stats and isnt optimal at all, at least ive never seen such thing in any mmo.

Pretty sure bosses only have 8% deflection. I've never missed a grav round and I *may* have missed a few full auto ticks or HIB's (not really sure on that one) with over 108% tech accuracy.

Everything for T3, battlemaster/rakta, has 51 accuracy on it so I would assume they're hinting at later bosses requiring more accuracy but we won't be able to pin down the perfect number to use until we get a combat log.

You guys, please. Stop saying Tech abilities can miss. They can't! It doesn't happen!

They also can't be dodged, deflected, or anything else.

I think you are confusing Tech abilities with "Healing abilities" (which are also tech)

Healing abilities CAN'T miss. However if you go to the Tech menu in the character sheet, you will see the accuracy for tech abilities. The base is 100% instead of the regular 90% for ranged abilities I think

I think you are confusing Tech abilities with "Healing abilities" (which are also tech)

Healing abilities CAN'T miss. However if you go to the Tech menu in the character sheet, you will see the accuracy for tech abilities. The base is 100% instead of the regular 90% for ranged abilities I think

Alright I'd like to see a screenshot of these supposed Tech misses. IT DOES'T HAPPEN.

The problem is you have 3 types of Accuracy. Your basic range accuracy that is 90% used by Hammer Shot, advanced ranged accuracy that is 100% used by other skills (Full Auto, HiB, Chraged Bolt), tech accuracy that is 100% used by tech skills (GW, ER, MW).

As far as i was reading operation bosses have 8-10% base defence (no one realy knows for sure) so getting more than 110% on advanced ranged and tech accuracy is a wast of points.

Edited by FoxyWar

you guys do know that accuracy past 100% reduces the resistance a target has whether that be weapon kinetic or elemental resistance. So essentially it's your basic MMO hit stat but it works as armour piercing once hit is capp'd...well not quite since it affects everything where armour only affects weapon and kinetic damage.

It's a really well thoughtout implementation actually.

Doubt me? Hover over it and read the tool tip more carefully.

Well. Hover over my Rakata Medpack and it tells me different values from the real heal as well. I know, they even said it in the patch notes. But that makes it not better.

For this solo reason you cant trust the tooltip at all.

Without combat logs or ways to confirm hits, misses, resists, dodges, ...... everthing is only a guess.

you guys do know that accuracy past 100% reduces the resistance a target has whether that be weapon kinetic or elemental resistance. So essentially it's your basic MMO hit stat but it works as armour piercing once hit is capp'd...well not quite since it affects everything where armour only affects weapon and kinetic damage.

It's a really well thoughtout implementation actually.

Doubt me? Hover over it and read the tool tip more carefully.

False.

The tooltip clearly states that it reduces defenses.

Resistances are separate from defenses.