PvP no love, time to unsub

dnomz

I've just about had it with PvP in this game.

Today I got asked if PvP is the only thing I do in this game. When I said 'yes' I got told that I should try PvE and see that the game isn't that boring at all.

Get it already, I am no PvE player. There's a reason why games like World of Warcraft and The Old Republic came with sets including stats that are based solely on PvP, i.e. resilience and expertise. It's because there are different kind of gamers. One likes PvP, one likes PvE and there's one that likes to do a bit of both.

I myself like PvP so don't bring me PvE arguements.

PvP in this game is pathetic. Here's why:

Warzones: As if it's not bad enough already to occasionally have days where you are grouped the entire day with total noobs, the game often does not count your legit wins towards your daily/weekly. Yesterday I had trouble finishing my daily quest, for one because wins were not counted again. Bioware claimed they fixed this, yet it's still broken. These kind of things should be hotfixed instantly, although I'm wondering if I would really want that considering the servers were offline last saturday from 10 am till 4 PM for a small fix just as this one. :rolleyes:

Ilum: Worst part of the entire game, sometimes I think Bioware would be better off deleting the planet and deny it ever existed. FPS is horrible. There will be a couple of guys saying they have no problem with it, but they are the minority. Someone told me my GTX560 is 'low/mid range' and that I shouldn't expect to have smooth gameplay with it. I disagree. I can play the game smoothly everywhere on 1680 x 1050 with High preset, except when there are many player characters in a small area. That's when the game starts to become broken and showing how badly it has been optimized. Even if all these player characters just stand there and don't do anything, the game just tears your FPS down. It's obviously an optimization problem, but Bioware denies it.

Besides that we still have the problem where Imps are ALWAYS camping Republic base.

World PvP: Does it even exist? It says Mercenary Commendations should be gained from killing players in the open world, yet I've never even gotten a single one. So in short, there's no point for World PvP either.

Other minor annoyances: Target of target? This game has copied so many things from other MMO games (fanboys don't get mad, I don't mean that negative at all), yet they forgot some key things like "target of target"? I play a Guardian, and one of the abilities I have is to Guard/Protect my teammates. However in intense situations I really don't see who's getting hammered by the opponent. It would be nice to select the opponent, then press "target of target" and guard that person. But no... not in TOR.

Other major annoyances: Another thing I really hate about this game is the way collecting gear works. Basically you have two bags: Champion and Battlemaster. Both these bags have a chance to drop an item of their respective names. However, all the way from Valor 1 to Valor 60, all you buy are Champions Bags. By the time you have reached the rank of Battlemaster, and you can finally start gathering and opening them, you already have 10 sets of Champion. The problem I am having here is: Now when I'm finally able to get Battlemaster stuff, I keep getting spammed with Champion Commendations. Champion Commendations which can be used to purchase stuff I already have gotten 10x before I was Battlemaster. See my problem?

The drop chance for Champion items is WAAAAAY too high. That's why everyone just skips Centurion. I have only ever bought 2 Centurion items, being the offhand and hands. And that's only because I was unlucky on the RNG giving me 6 Implants/Relics but no offhand or hands.

The drop chance for Champion should be A LOT lower. People should work their way up from Centurion, to Champion, to Battlemaster. Not instantly go to the second tier and then have a minor upgrade to Battlemaster, cause that's just what it is. A really minor upgrade.

Verdict: I still have 1,5 months left on my Game Card, but right now I am bored as hell. You probably could've already figured by the long post.

PvP needs some drastic changes and above are some good points to start with. I hope to see some changes the next 1,5 month or I'm out.

And while you're at it, how about allowing us PvP players to modify our weapons? I don't really see the point in forcing us what color our weapons should be. I like my current Champion Lightsaber with KotOR's "Mantle of the Force" color in it, but I very much hate the Battlemaster Lightsaber with the Black/Blue mix. Lately I also started to like the Magenta crystal, but I haven't gotten myself one yet because I am not allowed to change the color of my PvP weapon. What gives?

Edited by dnomz

tldrgtfoktnxbai

Seriously why even make a post like this, you are going who gives a ****.

I'm sorry if my post is too long, I just thought it would be nice to point out all the PvP related flaws this game has.

Maybe you should complain to Bioware, they are the reason my post is so big.

And stop being a fanboy.

I'm sorry if my post is too long, I just thought it would be nice to point out all the PvP related flaws this game has.

And stop being a fanboy.

People who make threads about quitting don't quit, they just want attention. We all know you haven't unsubbed.

And stop being a fanboy.

More like I'm a reasonable individual who has played MMOs for 10years, and you are a whiny ***** who doesn't understand that MMOs take time to develop even after release. Also pvp isn't as broken as you probably claim, I wouldnt know your actual complains as I don't need to waste my time reading the gibberish of a *****.

People who make threads about quitting don't quit, they just want attention. We all know you haven't unsubbed.

I have unsubbed already in januari actually. The reason why I'm still playing is because I got a Game Card from my bro for Christmas.

And I regret having activated it, since it runs out in March 20th. That's many lost days if I would quit now.

If you bothered reading the OP, you would notice I said I'll keep playing till my time is up. If by March 20 the game is still this rediculous, there's no chance I will sub again for the next year. Next chance I will give Bioware will be in 2013, and not by GC but by a 1-month subscription. That way I won't be stuck with it again either.

More like I'm a reasonable individual who has played MMOs for 10years, and you are a whiny ***** who doesn't understand that MMOs take time to develop even after release. Also pvp isn't as broken as you probably claim, I wouldnt know your actual complains as I don't need to waste my time reading the gibberish of a *****.

I don't know who you think you are buddy, but all the flaming isn't making anyone take you seriously, besides the fanboys maybe.

I have actually played MMOs for 7 years myself, so I don't really need you to lecture me.

The thing is, even though WoW has had since 2004 to develop further, TOR has had the advantage of copying ideas from WoW and others to make their own game better. Warzones and PvP stats (Expertise) are for example developments they straight took over from WoW. They noticed that it was what serperated PvE from PvP and it's something that an MMO should have.

I have two BMs. One, Vereor, was first on Fatman (I know, waay too much time on my hands). I was fortunate to have time during my winter break from grad school. Since I am a school employee, I also had time off from work.

I accepted that the PvP rank system was a grind gimmick to buy Bioware some time to implement competitive PvP a long time ago. When rated Warzones are released, this gear will be sub par as I'm assuming (and I know, assumptions aren't very smart) they will release new tiers of gear.

The changes coming up for commendations in bags are good. Being able to get a full set of centurion gear in a few days is very generous (as well as the faster rate to gear up in champ gear).

I understand the frustration when a new 50 comes against a geared opponent, and I don't claim that the expertise system is perfect, however I honestly think that there should be a performance discrepancy.

With that being said, there are plenty of players in full, if not mostly full, BM on my server who s-key, keyboard turn, and honestly, get destroyed but less geared opponents.

The bag changes will help the gear-up rate, and the rated warzones, if done correctly, will satisfy competitive PvPers. I know that my guild hardly plays because of the lack of anything worthwhile to do in PvP besides the two dailies -- for now until 1.2.

Those who think they can't be competitive because of a gear advantage are mostly right. They do suffer a significant hurdle in fighting players of higher expertise levels. They can still kill bad players, as I did. But I really think that the faster rate of accumulating cent/champ gear will fix this.

I only hope that bioware is putting a sincere effort in the creation of Rated Warzones, their brackets, and the gear rewards. I would like to see my PvP guild stay playing this game, however I fear that some, if not most, will get bored and leave.

I, personally, would like to see some implementation of arenas, but that is just my opinion and I totally understand why some would not approve of such a measure.

To those having terrible luck with bags, I feel for you. I really do. I think the upcoming changes will really help the cent/champ gear up rates.

Alternatively, if they, at least, allowed for the creation of a +expertise enhancement -- even if its only +20 or so -- would really help those starting out. I firmly believe that the removal of the blue set was one of the biggest mistakes this team has made thus far. When that set was available, everyone was using it as a stepping stone (including myself on my first toon). And the main complaints I saw were of bad RNG luck on bags -- not the gear discrepancy although there were a few.

Now, we see Bioware stating that they are going to be bring back an entry level set along with the upcoming changes. My head honestly hurts, Bioware. I mean, if you're a conspiracy theorist, you could say that the blue set was speeding up the gear grind and that Bioware wanted to slow things down.

I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory, but with the random and seemingly uncoordinated approach to PvP, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Bioware, I think if you just communicate more about what you are thinking, that the community will be more inclined to engage in conversation. The generic "just wait and see, you'll love it!" kind of messages are not very enchanting imo.

My guild wants to to PvP in this game. Its fun, despite all of its problems -- and there are many. Keep the breadcrumbs coming, don't shut us out.

/0.02

World PvP: Does it even exist? It says Mercenary Commendations should be gained from killing players in the open world, yet I've never even gotten a single one. So in short, there's no point for World PvP either.

"World pvp" does exist on some servers see

and biowares response to this being pvp http://i.imgur.com/chI7l.jpg working as intended. Edited by Brutem

Ignore the biodrones OP, I completely agree with all your points. The PVP in this game was very poorly thought out, I think the point you made on gearing up is extremely key. Where Centurion was made completely pointless in comparison to Champ. For me I've had terrible luck (i have 4-5 cent pieces including the main hand), when I see the PTR notes and I know if they did the system correctly I would now have full champ it is very disheartening. :/ Extremely repetitive, range favoured, poorly optimized, pointless PVP. Best I don't even mention Ilum, we all know how that is. Edited by rhunxoxo

I have unsubbed already in januari actually. The reason why I'm still playing is because I got a Game Card from my bro for Christmas.

And I regret having activated it, since it runs out in March 20th. That's many lost days if I would quit now.

If you bothered reading the OP, you would notice I said I'll keep playing till my time is up. If by March 20 the game is still this rediculous, there's no chance I will sub again for the next year. Next chance I will give Bioware will be in 2013, and not by GC but by a 1-month subscription. That way I won't be stuck with it again either.

So you got a Game Card for Christmas, then ragequit in January, and now you're back and playing. There are hundreds of other games out there you could be playing, yet you've resigned yourself to play more SWTOR. Sounds to me like you actually enjoy certain aspects of the game; either that, or you're addicted to MMO's and can't log off even if you wanted to.

Troll somewhere else. There are plenty of us that enjoy PVP in this game. These kinds of threads are completely pointless. Nobody will take someone seriously when they re-sub with a Game Card after making a QQ-quitting post, instead of returning it for a refund.

I cant believe people are actually bashing this guy, or perhaps theyre just trolling since parts of this community is going downhill. He's giving constructive feedback, because to be honest (at least those of us who arnt blindfolded), the PvP system har so many flaws. Giving feedback is how things in some cases can change.

Ilum is lifeless and static, theres no purpose going there other than dailies. Gearing is based on RNG. Fun in PvP is limited, and when you're done with the dailies you get back to your fleet - and to do what? Just stand there by the vendors, having no social feats nearby, for example a dueling room.

Dont get me wrong, SWTOR is a good MMO if you look at it as a whole, but it cannot provide todays gamers what they expect from the PvP aspect. People are mad at PvP because SWTOR way of doing it is illogical. If you like the PvP system in SWTOR then you're a casual PvPer, plan and simple.

While you wait for GW2, try and check out Tera. U can pre order a version for 5 euros and that gives u access to all beta phases, starting in 17.02.12.

Edited by nacario

I cant believe people are actually bashing this guy, or perhaps theyre just trolling since parts of this community is going downhill. He's giving constructive feedback, because to be honest (at least those of us who arnt blindfolded), the PvP system har so many flaws. Giving feedback is how things in some cases can change.

Thank you.

I don't know what's up with these fanboys, but they have lost their minds.

If we simply QQ, they get mad. If we QQ and explain why, so Bioware can do something about it, they get mad.

It's as if we are not allowed to say anything bad about this game.

Get it already people, I want this game to succeed. I loved KotOR and it's sequel. I've been following TOR since day one. That's why it makes me sad that this game is already boring me.

So slow down on the hate...

I hear you, man. 50 pvp in this game is awful. I hope BW listens to these types of posts and kicks it up a notch.

Whoever they hired to design the PvP system just flat out doesn't know what they are doing. They are prob just big talkers who managed the real guys with the ideas at other game dev houses. The good news is EA is a big company and when things like stock prices are affected, heads will roll.

Well Im mad at myself for being so naive after actually purchasing a Collectors edition for that price and sub for 6 months.. at least I get to hang around on these forums for another 5 months :D They gave us the wrong impression, for example the VIP store.. which was the selling point for my CE, yet none told us that others could get the VIP key by just paying 1 mill credits, which is redicilous. But hey, VIP store isnt any special anyway, another letdown :p

I hear you, man. 50 pvp in this game is awful. I hope BW listens to these types of posts and kicks it up a notch.

Whoever they hired to design the PvP system just flat out doesn't know what they are doing. They are prob just big talkers who managed the real guys with the ideas at other game dev houses. The good news is EA is a big company and when things like stock prices are affected, heads will roll.

Problem is, we need fewer heads rolling around uselessly and more being used as more than bowling balls. The OP makes a rather sharp series of points.

I don't think he deserves to be sneered at; he's right.