Boonah

Things u dont need as a DPS (Pyro)

-Flame Sweep

-Flamethrower

-Missle Blast

-Explosive Dart

-Unload

and ehmmm, yea thats about it.

Flame sweep is an instant aoe you can use while moving. Flamethrower is great when someone decides to melee you (sins, juggernauts, knights, shadows) Missile Blast is an instant aoe and can be fired while moving with a 30m range. Explosive dart is very docile and is also an AOE great for sticking on someone near dead as they run around corners. Unload is one of the highest dps attacks we have (check the damage modifiers)

Suggestion to fix.

Go into user prefrances, enable left and right quickslots

Expand the bottom row so its doubled.

Also, shame on you other for telling him to ditch skills.

I have all of my abilities hotkeyed, and all of them get used at some point or another.

The only ability we have that doesnt really get used much is missile blast, but I still keep it hotkeyed for use against standard/weak targets when soloing, as the knockdown effect allows a quick followup with shoulder slam, usually one shotting the target.

The only abilities you should unbind entirely are Unload, Shoulder Slam, and the Cylinders (+ guard) that you will not use. Although some abilities really ought to be avoided and have very situational use (Flame Sweep, Missile Blast, the AoE aggro-whatever), it is worthwhile having these abilities bound for when their situations arise.

I think I read someone suggesting unbinding Flamethrower. Sorry, that's terrible advice, which one game of Voidstar ought to demonstrate.

EDIT: If you're specced into Thermal Detonator, obviously remove Explosive Dart.

Edited by neeman

Flame sweep is an instant aoe you can use while moving. Flamethrower is great when someone decides to melee you (sins, juggernauts, knights, shadows) Missile Blast is an instant aoe and can be fired while moving with a 30m range. Explosive dart is very docile and is also an AOE great for sticking on someone near dead as they run around corners. Unload is one of the highest dps attacks we have (check the damage modifiers)

Suggestion to fix.

Go into user prefrances, enable left and right quickslots

Expand the bottom row so its doubled.

Also, shame on you other for telling him to ditch skills.

Well said, I don't use flamethrower much because in a group of enemies they will always attack me lol

1. Find the 12 keys you use the most

2. Put them on the top bar.

3. Buy a Razr Naga.

/thread

naga is not that useful.

most buyers of our country regret, then sell it on internet.

Edited by oakamp

naga is not that useful.

most buyers of our country regret, then sell it on internet.

Love my Naga but really only use 1-6 and not 7-12. Pretty pain in the butt to reach 7-12. Its definitely doable just annoying and I already have enough keybinds to not need those extra 6.

I found the Guild Wars system the best out of all, both for ease of use, and user friendliness as well as complexity of gameplay. There every class only had one bar in which they could only use 8 abilities at once, usually only 5 or 6 were attacks while the other 2-3 were buffs and rez. Yet no one complained that the game was noobfriendly or ezmode. In fact the whole joy of Guild Wars was picking and choosing from over 150 abilities and then using only 8 that complimented each other really well. In fact PvP in Guild Wars was a hundred times more complex and more enjoyable than SWTOR because of this.

If i had a choice id definately choose the 8 ability setup of Guild Wars over the carpal tunnel inducing, finger bending ability bloat that is SWTOR.

Edited by Amonet

Maybe cause they are bad at gaming and don't know how to use a 17 button mouse :)

Naga's are beast.

I have a naga and a logitech G13 - I never use the buttons on my naga. Wish I didn't buy it, but it's a decent mouse anyway, so no biggie.

The G13 owns all.

PS - Flamethrower is a very good skill to learn to use situationally. I use it several times in most matches to great effect.

Flame Thrower is awesome. Pop it behind a bunch of players trying to disarm a bomb in Voidstar and see those numbers fly. I'd not trade it for anything.

I use it every time I manage to line up 2-3 players in its cone (not hard with carbonize). It will do a lot of damage and it's not nearly as hard on your heat like Flame Sweep.

For PvP, the only power I don't use is Missile Blast.

Edited by Krytycal

Hi all,

I'm playing Powertech and am having a lot of fun. i do ok in pvp and am always popular in pve! everyone loves a tank right?

Anyway, i start to struggle with keybinds at about 20. So im looking to start losing useless abilities.

for example i think flame burst and missile blast deliver poor damage for the heat they generate.

What abilities do you think i can get rid of? are there abilities you dont use yourself?

any help is welcome. as i really need to control how many binds i have.

Thanks in advance

shoulder slam, this ability was created to show you how useless abilities can be... people can say "well at least it isn't shoulder slam"

Missile Blast has to go. Shoulder Slam... I like it, but it's okay to let go. The ED/SS combo is nice on normal mobs for a quick kill. The 20 min CD is useful to have on an action bar somewhere, but no need to keybind. Buff/Sprint don't need a keybind. I keep Recuperate on a keybind and use it quick/often after combat.