NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

Uh, yeah. In december many were on holiday and could potentially play more. And if you're going by the server status, the servers had their capacity doubled after that. Where do you get it from that there are less active subs on your server?

Show me any proof that the servers were doubled. Look at the charts and there was no severe drop off in the servers when this so called double happened. If they doubled the servers we should see a drastic drop from before and after.

Do you know whats involved in increasing server load? I dont but would really want to know if they could double it with existing servers staying in place(just adding on to it). How long this would usually take (1,4,8hours 1-2 days a week etc. If it could be done without taking down the server and if many companys have this stuff in stock to do such things.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest to give a look here:

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=644995

EA seems quite happy about this game

From Vgchartz you can see that TOTALLY the game sold 2,093,623 copies in 8 weeks (not subsciption.. we are talking about copy sold)

And JUST this week the sold EXTRA 36,225 copies (not subscription. new copy sold)

Probably a few of you understand that we are talking about GREAT numbers of selling.

This game is an HUGE success.. this is a FACT.

Also looking at the charts that you say mark the game look so great. You can see every week less and less are buying the game. About 8000 copies in the US this week and its only been out 7 weeks. If you also look at the numbers that you say show the game is in fact a huge sucess you will see that over 1.7 million people bought the game in 2011 which would mean when he says on feb first over 2 million copies were sold and only 1.7 active subs then that is showing that 300,000+ have quit the game.

SO we know for a fact that out of the 1.7 million that bought the game in Dec 11 that 300,000 have quit the game. Still you might look at it as they still had 1.4 that did resub (or did a gamecard or a multimoth play) but for a game with all this hype and over 200 million spent on it that about 1 out of every 6 people that wanted to play the game and bought it within 10 days of release just out and out quit without giving it another month.

Remember there the best part of the game is the leveling and some people didnt reach endgame yet. Thats just more people out of that group that will quit.

This game isnt going to grow, its only going to decrease in numbers.

The biggest loser video game almost sold as many copies as SWTOR did and its been out for 66 weeks. Yeah SWTOR is a huge hit LOL :confused:

Also looking at the charts that you say mark the game look so great. You can see every week less and less are buying the game. About 8000 copies in the US this week and its only been out 7 weeks. If you also look at the numbers that you say show the game is in fact a huge sucess you will see that over 1.7 million people bought the game in 2011 which would mean when he says on feb first over 2 million copies were sold and only 1.7 active subs then that is showing that 300,000+ have quit the game.

SO we know for a fact that out of the 1.7 million that bought the game in Dec 11 that 300,000 have quit the game. Still you might look at it as they still had 1.4 that did resub (or did a gamecard or a multimoth play) but for a game with all this hype and over 200 million spent on it that about 1 out of every 6 people that wanted to play the game and bought it within 10 days of release just out and out quit without giving it another month.

Remember there the best part of the game is the leveling and some people didnt reach endgame yet. Thats just more people out of that group that will quit.

The biggest loser video game almost sold as many copies as SWTOR did and its been out for 66 weeks. Yeah SWTOR is a huge hit LOL :confused:

Emeda, care to explain why is SO important to you that this game fails? Why are you spending every waking moment here with your forum alts posting nonsense against all logic, foaming at the mouth? Are you paid by Blizzard or you just a sociopath?

Emeda, care to explain why is SO important to you that this game fails? Why are you spending every waking moment here with your forum alts posting nonsense against all logic, foaming at the mouth? Are you paid by Blizzard or you just a sociopath?

For some odd reason, unless SW:ToR sells a millions copies each week I don't think they'll be happy. God forbid the people that wanted the game would buy it AT LAUNCH!

Eh! I thought WAR had like <5k subs or am I just thinking of the EU?

That was a news clipping of October 2008. Warhammer went through exactly the same as what SWTOR is going through. Big first couple of month numbers, praises by reviewers, fanbois galore . . . and now look at it.

Everyone liked it because it was new, once that wore off people saw the horrid game beneath and the mass exodus ensued.

That was a news clipping of October 2008. Warhammer went through exactly the same as what SWTOR is going through. Big first couple of month numbers, praises by reviewers, fanbois galore . . . and now look at it.

Everyone liked it because it was new, once that wore off people saw the horrid game beneath and the mass exodus ensued.

Thank god TOR isn't horrid! Phew...

ToR will keep growing. Won't hit the 13 mil mark but it will grow. People cry about some of the servers being dead, when in fact they aren't. This game people actually like making alts and trying new stories. Since there is only 2 operations for now, a lot of people could be leveling alts. So just because if the fleet population doesn't meet your standards, doesn't mean people quit.

Emeda you just seem bitter because WoW is falling fast and will never be as good as it once was. In fact ToR so far blows Cata out of the water and even most of Wrath.

Let's say it's three months from now and subscription numbers are up...

Where will all these Chicken Littles be then? I wonder if they'll be i this thread saying "I guess I was wrong."

Nahh...

BW will probably just release in Asia or something and count all those free 30 day subscriptions as actual subscriptions and claim the game is doing great.

Meh... bad game is bad

BW will probably just release in Asia or something and count all those free 30 day subscriptions as actual subscriptions and claim the game is doing great.

Meh... bad game is bad

So basically...

You're opinion the game is bad = The game is a failure which is objectively bad

Well, as long as you're honest.

Edited by Noviru
mild rude edit

Hello everyone!

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove several posts for being off-topic. A reminder that all your replies should add constructive content to to the thread and remain focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you!

Hello everyone!

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove several posts for being off-topic. A reminder that all your replies should add constructive content to to the thread and remain focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you!

Hey Noviru,

How many subs do you guys have now?

Yeah...because what the MMO market REALLY needs is another F2P/P2W sword and wizard game...because there just aren't enough right now. ONE more will probably be the holy grail of gaming.

Agreed. I cant anymore stand those gay elves coming from every body cavity after zillions of fantasy mmo's. I would be like others nerdgasming over guild wars if it were modern, sci-fi, post- apocalyptic etc setting. We really dont need more damn elves in mmo's.

Hell, even space elves would be better than fantasy ones.

Show me any proof that the servers were doubled.

Sure:

I want to take a second to correct the reports which speculated that a lack of congestion was a sign of slow participation. Shortly after launch, we doubled the efficiency of each server, allowing us to handle twice as many players and remove the waiting lines.

Link

Edited by Trenter