Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be able to customize our character?

For example, will we be able to change features such as hair and hair color?

I dont want to be able to change my character like at the starting screen, but I think it would be nice to get rid of my pony-tail.

Plus it makes it more realistic for a toon to be able to get a "haircut" or anything similar.

Will you be fixing it so that companions returning from crew skill missions don't cause the world to come to a screeching halt, for example; they currently cause all open windows to close (inventory, AH) and pop up in the middle of combat.

Can you Implement cross-faction Galactic Trade Network? As I do not see how opening crafting to more buyers can hurt the player economy. The server should have one economy for players to buy and sell with. It makes it simpler.

Thank you.

My wife and I play the game together, but sometimes the class quests for our characters sends one of us to areas on the galactic map (Space stations, cloaked ships, mining asteroids, etc.) that the other cannot reach. It's not a whole lot of fun to not be able to help each other on those missions. Is that working as intended, or is there something beyond just being in a party we need to do to play together in those areas of our respective class quests?

Can you implement cross-side chat channels?

My guild has characters on both sides of the same server and we'd like to see who's on both sides and chat with them.

I can understand this may have issues with PvP, but no more than a guild's use of 3rd party chat. If considered necessary, they could be disabled in PvP.

Edited by Jaegke

Is there any plans to allow us to be able to make a "note" on people we have on our friends or ignore list? For example, I would like to be able to put a note beside someone on my friends list like "awesome tank" or someone on my ignore list like "spammer".

Thank you!

When doing PvP as a healer I have noticed that if I do not attack a person but instead heal the person that is fighting them I don't get credit for a kill in Ilum. Was this just a bug or is this the case... do I have to stop healing someone just to attack the individual and possibly have a team mate die just so I can get credit for a kill? Right now I am not finding Ilum healer friendly, that I need to re-spec DPS in order to get valor and war zone commendations there.

My wife and I play the game together, but sometimes the class quests for our characters sends one of us to areas on the galactic map (Space stations, cloaked ships, mining asteroids, etc.) that the other cannot reach. It's not a whole lot of fun to not be able to help each other on those missions. Is that working as intended, or is there something beyond just being in a party we need to do to play together in those areas of our respective class quests?

If you are grouped together shouldn't that fix it?

Weekly kill trading has become norm in order to finish the weekly on Ilum and also to raise valor to 60 much faster than playing the Warzones. Is there a plan to balance kill trading so that players who do not participate are not left behind?

There are currently a great deal of bugs present in the raids, especially with Soa, bonethrasher instakilling people, and the puzzle (although there is a work around for the puzzle) to name a few. We have been seeing a fair amount of bug fixes for the casual gamer, but those raiding are beginning to feel left out in the cold. Do we have an ETA on these fixes, have then been identified and a fix is in route or are raiders being largely put on the back shelf as they are the current minority?

why would anyone at level 50 want to put a talent point into the top of the madness tree creeping terror ? I mean 1592 over 18 seconds (87 dmg a tic) when a pvp fight is over in 9 secs ? (figure that dps out real fast ) and it dosent fear a person for 2 secs, and in level 50 warzones we still have the bolster DEbuff if it has any value whatsoever at level 50 ? and the static barrier says it obsorbs damage .but how much ? it dosent say. then theres a talent to make it obsorb 20% more ? 20% more of what ? and last of all you guys emplement these patches (nerfs) knowing we will have to respec, but you dont lower the cost of the respec, Im not the preverbial complainer, I have to have knowlage to know how to be the most efective with my character and this is a Q and A forum. I know there will be some of you kids with nothing helpful to say, so I will tell you ahead of time, just shut up ! nobody wants to hear you tell the world how retarted you are. This is for Bio Ware anyway.

Other classes have offhand items that can be RE'd or have orange custom items why doesn't the Imperial Agents? Vibroknives can't be Reverse Engineered nor do they have any Custom Orange Schems or just Orange custom items in game and I want to know the reasoning behind this, if its bugged or working as intended?