Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Are there plans to make Ilum more fun and dynamic?

I envision an improved Ilum to be a bit like SWTOR's old style Alterac Valley from WoW where there are different capture points with NPC defenders which can be upgraded through quests to be more effective. And other objectives such as capture points or NPC bosses that can give your side a buff if they are kept alive. Quests can be done gathering resources to call in bombing runs on enemy positions. That sounds like something I would like to play.

Another neat thing to have would be something similar to Lord Of The Rings Online's "Session play" where an underdog side was able to spend an in came currency to play as a Ranger or Troll which was very powerful and allowed your outnumbered side to even the odds somewhat. In SWTOR players could change into some large battle droid or a AT-AT type walker or something.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an X-Box controller for PC use. How can I sue this as a control instead of using the mouse/keyboard combo? I find this to b awkward & makes gameplay clumsy. If there is already a way to switch to using this controller, then where is is? If not, will there be a way in the future?

At the moment biochem and cybertech have its perks but the others lack a bit. Do you have plans to make these useful once more? An Idea would be to drop rare schematics in raids and hard modes (weapons and armor that are not obtainable off the vendor). You could then trade it to a crafter and have them make it for you. These schematics could be limited use so you can't mass produce these.

any ideas like that in the future?

Edited by -Sidac-

Are there going to be additional clothing options added for Marauders, and if so when? As currently it seems every set you can get over about lvl 25 is skirted, theres no trousers that are dark coloured, so either you wear a skirt, or you have to wear mismatched light coloured trousers. This also means that all the boots you can mod up are designed to be worn underneath the skirts, so dont really look anything like the original concepts shown for Marauders, which is the main point i based my initial character class choice on.

Hi my question for the QA is about guild tools. I know BioWare has stated that Guild banks have been a huge priority item and are on their way soon. However, we really need a better means of communicating with our guild members. MotD is too limited. Are there any plans for a guild member mailing list? Something people can reply to in order to facility guild communications?

With the elimination of the pre-launch Guild pages, in game tools are exceptionally difficult to foster communication.

Edited by Cooltrip

Will the ability to invite guild members to a group via the guild roster be implemented, because as of right now you have to add all your guildies to your friends list to be able to right click their name to invite or physically type out /invite soandso? Edited by Mungadai

I'm amazed at the number of my guildies who are basing their gear choices on appearance. I'm one of them.

Some of us have observed outfits on NPCs that we want for ourselves.

Given our focus on long term appearance, we are collectively almost completely ignoring non-orange gear, because no matter how good it looks, we eventually out-level it when out in the world questing.

Granted this issue will change character some once we settle into level 50, but I suspect for many of us that if a new item with improved stats drops that looks *ugly*, we wouldn't want it, or we would only wear it for the hard raids.

So my question is this: are there any plans to eventually enable some method, however arduous, that allows a crafter to match/transfer one item's appearance (not just color) with/to another item's attributes?

Will there be an option to turn off the in-game romance feature? Especially if same sex is implemented, I am not interested in seeing these options but am really not interested in seeing them now as that's not why I'm playing Star Wars. Thanks!

Are the developers aware of problems with the Marauder class?

Many, many threads on the AC forum and no response.

Marauders get NO gear from Light Side OR Dark Side vendors.

This is a glaring oversight. Is this going to be corrected soon?

Also, Marauder gear has frustrated many of us, the sith warrior progression video should be called the juggernaut progression video, everything shown is heavy armor and we can't access it.

I am a PvPer, my guild loves PvP. This game centers around groups of 4 predominantly. 4 for a warzone, 4 for an instance. Other than Ops (which I, nor my guild, care about) and Ilum (which lets be honest, is bad).

What does bioware plan to do for PvPers in this game? Will there be warzones where guilds can play together instead of groups of 4 at a time, and what improvements will be made to places like Ilum?