Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just want to know why the relic system is so messed up. why do tank relics, ones that give a defense/shield buff, give power and endurance, while dps/healer relics give much more endurance? it just doesn't make sense...

"Metrics" are mentioned by the various mod and devs who post on these forums in response to various complaints and suggestions. What are the metrics that are considered when the designers decide to change an ability, item, quest or zone and which are most the most important to getting the change made?

does bioware have any plans on improving the combat systems (controls, casting, movement, healing, skill trees, ...) currently in place to make combat feel heroic, exciting, fluid and fun, or is this what players can expect the combat systems to be for the long run? Edited by Emperor_Troll

Hello Dev's!

Just wanted to know if at present the Dev's are happy with the GCD timing if any of you have played a class with decent amount of instant cast abilities that do not have channels combat can feel very slow.

Are there any plans to change the GCD?

Are there any plans to add addon support to the game?

The act of giving addons to the players would ease development of features for a while. Players would be able to do with the UI as they wish as well as come up with other useful addons. Blizzard would take popular ones and add them to the game.

As a collectors edition owner i was sad to find out that i could not wear the CE armor and use it in combat unless i am a Jedi consular (since they are the only ones who use light armor)

Do you plan to implement a way for the CE armor and Social armor to scale to the armor of the class (meaning as a guardian the armor would scale up to that of Heavy)?

My question has a few parts I wanted to comment on before the actual question.

In the quest to make my character stand out among the other classes I have a huge passion for the way gear looks. TBH I don't like the way the pve sorcerer tier pieces look. But the pvp Set looks amazing. So here is my question.

Will orange gear ever be able to have expertise, for pvp, and be able to compete with tier pieces in essence of stats and bonuses?

I really like the way some of my old gear looks but because of expertise and set bonuses I feel like I am restricted to look the same as all my other raiders/pvper's. I would like to do some crazy stuff like move all my battlemaster stats (including expertise and set bonuses) into something like the dancer outfit just for the sake of being able to do it.

Edited by Garryouuu

Hello Devs. Great game. One issue.

There are many "hood down" looks for Jedi in the marketing of this game, like the one on the Character Creator screen, and the Founder e mail just sent to us, the Class Progression Video for Jedi Knights, and all over the Holonet on this web site.

The problem is, none of them are available in the game. 95 percent of the gear in the game has the hood permanently in the "up" position. Not only can we not look like what we were shown, our characters show up bald in all of the cut scenes. It takes a lot of fun out of the game for many Jedi players, as threads on the forums demonstrate.

The other classes get a helmet toggle, Sith get hood down robe options.

When can Jedi expect hood down armors in the game?

Thank you.

Couldn't you please please please make a special emote to every class (or even each advance class??), Like for Sith Inquisitor, make a emote where he shoot lightning out of hes fingres, if you added a emote like that to the classes it would be sooo awesome!!

Just something i've would really like in the game.

Will you guys ever think about making abilities having different actions for PvE and PvP? There was another game I played that did this. Lets say for example:

CLEAVING STRIKE: Hits an enemy for1200 damage and 200 damage over 5 seconds; Hits a enemy player for 200 damage over 5secs and slows the target.

This way balance between PvP and PvE would be easier? I do not know :D

Edited by Tynis