Dread Masters (spoilers)

SpikeRosered

According to Torheads leaks of upcoming patches it seems the Dread Masters (that group of Sith you save as part of the Imperial storyline on Belsavis) are basically going to become the main antagonists of the game.

According to the leaks they will be involved in every major Flashpoint, Operation, and PvE daily for several big patches to come.

I think that's pretty cool. I really like their design when I saved them and wanted to get one of their outfits. I really think the game needed a consistent villain to plague the storyline besides Darth Malgus.

Given the story line of those quests, it makes sense for them to play a role, but I wonder what that will do to that quest itself? Perhaps after the patch, the Republic side will get a quest line that puts them back in stasis for the next batch of Imperials to rescue? :p

Torhead leaked spoilers of content that is at best 6-8 months away is in no way sketchy presumptions? lol Read the first line of the actual thing of Torhead if ur interested it says "we now have an idea of what might be in future patches - all the way up to 1.5. Remember all this data is subject to change and may not appear in-game." Basically leaked information is just presumptuous and i would put money on not even 50% of this stuff actually being implemented in game

Torhead leaked spoilers of content that is at best 6-8 months away is in no way sketchy presumptions? lol Read the first line of the actual thing of Torhead if ur interested it says "we now have an idea of what might be in future patches - all the way up to 1.5. Remember all this data is subject to change and may not appear in-game." Basically leaked information is just presumptuous and i would put money on not even 50% of this stuff actually being implemented in game

Technicalities my friend.

Do you really think they are going to spend man hours and $$ on something so far down, only to scrape it down the road?

SI Story Spoilers

I really wanted more of the story elements to be reflected in actual abilities for the SI. The whole absorbing ghosts would have been an awesome addition to your abilities if implemented right. However more-so I was hoping SI's could learn fear based abilities from the Dread Masters. I pleaded with them to teach me when I saved them, they are so goddamn cool looking.

Frankly I'm kinda baffled as to why, according to those leaks, it's the Empire that constantly loses people.

- most of Dark Council is killed during current storyline

- Empire loses 10% of its standing forces to win Corellia and yet is pushed back after a while

- Malgus and his alien mercenaries along with next-gen armada which gets destroyed in the end

- Dread Masters who could be major powerhouse and a critical asset (it's kinda stupid that apparently it was the Emperor's mind control that kept them in check and once he is absent, they break the leash and do as they please; would be nice to have a group of powerful Sith who actually do something instead of sitting in Korriban and bickering over who controls what like Dark Council)

- 2 Grand Moffs (well, as cool as Kilran is, at least he gets offed defending the Empire's resources instead of defecting and taking massive army with him like Regus)

Hell, one of the leaked quotes shows that even one of the NPCs says that Empire isn't looking good and it's basically the players' efforts that keep it together.

Man, Emperor should really wake up and slap people around so at least we have some stability before we inevitably kill him.

Edited by gibmachine

Frankly I'm kinda baffled as to why, according to those leaks, it's the Empire that constantly loses people.

- most of Dark Council is killed during current storyline

- Empire loses 10% of its standing forces to win Corellia and yet is pushed back after a while

- Malgus and his alien mercenaries along with next-gen armada which gets destroyed in the end

- Dread Masters who could be major powerhouse and a critical asset

- 2 Grand Moffs (well, as cool as Kilran is, at least he gets offed defending the Empire's resources instead of defecting and taking massive army with him like Regus)

Hell, one of the leaked quotes shows that even one of the NPCs says that Empire isn't looking good and it's basically the players' efforts that keep it together.

Man, Emperor should really wake up and slap people around so at least we have some stability before we inevitably kill him.

We all know how it ends already so its not odd for the empire to be on the back foot.

As for the betrayles of Malgus and so on stabing your allies in the back is kind of normal for the Sith and the Dark Council members being killed off is not a issue as thats how other rise to their place, they either kill them, get someone to kill them or the republic/jedi kill them, the sith prefer the first of those options as it means that the council should get stronger as time goes on as more powerful sith kill the weaker ones to get their seat on it.

We all know how it ends already so its not odd for the empire to be on the back foot.

As for the betrayles of Malgus and so on stabing your allies in the back is kind of normal for the Sith and the Dark Council members being killed off is not a issue as thats how other rise to their place, they either kill them, get someone to kill them or the republic/jedi kill them, the sith prefer the first of those options as it means that the council should get stronger as time goes on as more powerful sith kill the weaker ones to get their seat on it.

But we have about 1,000 years of unexplored territory in this period of the expanded Universe so why destroy the Empire so soon?