Fix LOLSLAM Juggs / Knights

TiTaNsFaN

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like everyone who complained about ops/Scoundrels did? Its funny my Jedi buddy contantly hits for over 5lk biggest crit in WZ's. I remember getting nerfed for that on my soundrel. Class is till fun and but seems odd a heavy plate class has a bigger burst move then stealth burst class. Err wait nvm thats about par for this course.

^Now THIS guy is intelligent.

U SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

Just like everyone who complained about ops/Scoundrels did? Its funny my Jedi buddy contantly hits for over 5lk biggest crit in WZ's. I remember getting nerfed for that on my soundrel. Class is till fun and but seems odd a heavy plate class has a bigger burst move then stealth burst class. Err wait nvm thats about par for this course.

Yes. Melee class vs. Range class is a good comparison. Oh and how are they getting to you btw? You do know they can't leap to you if you're in cover right? All the really good operatives that I face against go in cover. They're a pain to deal with and that's how it should be, a challenge. Sometimes I get the jump on someone and sometimes I get slowed and nuked before I can even reach them. /shrug

I have a level 50 Scoundrel too btw, it's probably why I can have a better perspective on things.

so many people do not understand the difference between burst and dps. even after the (unneccessary) operative nerf, a sweep jugg/guardian still does less dps. DPS is below average for guardians/juggs. the burst is a single attack, it might be higher than an operative attack. but remember operatives have 1-3 opening high damage attacks? the cooldown for the punch is 8 seconds. compare it to a full buffed sweep, its at least 10 seconds and requires at least 2 preparatory skills.

just do the little math. one 5k crit does not kill someone. it may be about medals, but not about killing people. people here lack logic alot

Edited by theMornox

Yes. Melee class vs. Range class is a good comparison. Oh and how are they getting to you btw? You do know they can't leap to you if you're in cover right? All the really good operatives that I face against go in cover. They're a pain to deal with and that's how it should be, a challenge. Sometimes I get the jump on someone and sometimes I get slowed and nuked before I can even reach them. /shrug

I have a level 50 Scoundrel too btw, it's probably why I can have a better perspective on things.

***? This game doesnt have an arena mode bro, what the **** would an operative be doing in cover unless it knew it was a 1v1 fight against a knight/jugg? We can't dps for **** in cover.

Edited by Wekeltes

so many people do not understand the difference between burst and dps. even after the (unneccessary) operative nerf, a sweep jugg/guardian still does less dps. DPS is below average for guardians/juggs. the burst is a single attack, it might be higher than an operative attack. but remember operatives have 1-3 opening high damage attacks? the cooldown for the punch is 8 seconds. compare it to a full buffed sweep, its at least 10 seconds.

just do the little math. one 5k crit does not kill someone. it may be about medals, but not about killing people. people here lack logic alot

Juggs have more survivability AND utility. They are not balanced because they also have HIGH burst.

Fix it.

We can't dps for **** in cover.

If you're not in stealth and you're defending a point, you should be dropping in cover.

If you're in stealth and you choose to fight a melee focused class, that's your problem. Go after the range classes. If you get attacked while killing a range class by a knight, suck it up. It's called a team game and that stuff happens on both sides.

You're exaggerating the damage they can do btw. Greatly.

OH and light/medium/heavy mean very little when it comes to this game.

L2P

Edited by Wekeltes

Yeah Gaurdians still seem on only be able to do like half the over all damage as my scoundrel does who still can kill mopst players who dont have team mates to help them in 2 to 4 secs lol but I am just suprised they can hit that hard.

And these threads will continue until the devs give in and nerf Guardians/Juggs too. Just as the entitled kids / lousy PvP'ers got their way Operatives. I could care less if you nerf my Focus tree anyway. Vigilance is just as good, but you wouldn't complain about that because you don't see the one big number that triggers your rage circuit. Being a one-trick pony doesn't appeal to me and it is quite clear that the people calling for this nerf have no idea what is required to get these crits, nor do they realize with what frequency they actually happen, compared to the frequency of the "average" hits of this skill with are significantly lower.

Juggs have more survivability AND utility. They are not balanced because they also have HIGH burst.

Fix it.

i agree juggs/guardians are strong. as operatives/scoundrels are and as sorcerers/sages are.

but none of them is overpowered really. some classes are kinda underpowered. marauder/sentinel dps increase over equivalent advanced class does not make up for the lack of protection abilities, gunslinger/sniper generally needs tweaking.

but if someone cant deal with a class in the current state of the game i can surely say its not a class being overpowered, its a player being underpowered.

Fix it.

Wrong. My Guardian when specced Focus survives no longer than any other DPS class. I'm not sitting in Defensive stance and I'm not specced for tanking, nor am I wearing tanking gear. If I do any of those things, my damage goes down and I am no longer very bursty. Heavy armor does very little in PvP. We have a 3 minute cooldown defensive damage reduction and that's about it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the bursts of ~5-6k aoe crit smashes with an immediate ~2-3k follow-up paired with damage reduction / invulnerability whatever it may be is not "working as intended" and "deviates from the norm."

There was another class people were complaining about not too long ago that was doing too much damage in a matter of seconds... whatever happened to them?

So why is this issue not being addressed in the patch notes? Fix the Rage tree / equivelant Jedi Knight tree ffs.

LOL

Op you need to do some research on the class before you come on here spouting a bunch of ********.

It is impossible to get that focus spec AND have the defensive spec( I.E the defensive bubble you obtain after a leap). It takes 22 points in the defense tree alone to get that 1 ability, 25 to get all of the defensive abilities. Leaving you with only 16 points, which is not enough to go up focus.

I'm sure there will be a response to this post along the lines of "Oh well you are just defending it because you play it" because you are too dumb to see logic, but stop crying about things that are not true.

You either Do damage as a Guardian with light defenses or you Do **** damage with Heavy defenses.

Not both

(PS, I am a full Defensive spec Guardian and my Primary damage in my character sheet is only 456-659. My level 13 smuggler already has over 1k, stop crying)

Edited by Gregory-IRL-Bria

Yeah Gaurdians still seem on only be able to do like half the over all damage as my scoundrel does who still can kill mopst players who dont have team mates to help them in 2 to 4 secs lol but I am just suprised they can hit that hard.

They can hit that hard (well I dispute the average damage they can do actually.) Regardless, they do hit for a bit on some abilities with CD because they need to be in melee range to do it. There's only a couple of options for range attacks and that's mostly for interrupting.

Wrong. My Guardian when specced Focus survives no longer than any other DPS class. I'm not sitting in Defensive stance and I'm not specced for tanking, nor am I wearing tanking gear. If I do any of those things, my damage goes down and I am no longer very bursty. Heavy armor does very little in PvP. We have a 3 minute cooldown defensive damage reduction and that's about it.

This^^^^

I got hit today by a Guardian for 5,500 damage (I had 515 Expertise BM/Champ gear and the guy was only Champ rank).

I thought it was a fluke but he did it again in more than one match. He's even hitting others for well over 6k.

Another tank class that has some high burst is Powertech/Vaguard.

Kinda silly to give tanks high burst, sustained damage, survivability, CC and utility .. and then go nerf the burst of a burst glass-cannon class that has nothing else lol

Edited by Treplos

LOL

Op you need to do some research on the class before you come on here spouting a bunch of ********.

It is impossible to get that focus spec AND have the defensive spec( I.E the defensive bubble you obtain after a leap). It takes 22 points in the defense tree alone to get that 1 ability, 25 to get all of the defensive abilities. Leaving you with only 16 points, which is not enough to go up focus.

I'm sure there will be a response to this post along the lines of "Oh well you are just defending it because you play it" because you are too dumb to see logic, but stop crying about things that are not true.

You either Do damage as a Guardian with light defenses or you Do **** damage with Heavy defenses.

Not both

(PS, I am a full Defensive spec Guardian and my Primary damage in my character sheet is only 456-659. My level 13 smuggler already has over 1k, stop crying)

Ops/Smuggs have bugged numbers in their character sheets for some reason. My 50 Op says my range shot hits for 9000, its more like 900 on no armor

Ops/Smuggs have bugged numbers in their character sheets for some reason. My 50 Op says my range shot hits for 9000, its more like 900 on no armor

All ranged damage in the game seems to be displayed on the character sheet as 10x what it actually is, at least in my experience.

.....lolwat?

I hope the OP is a troll because otherwise he really is retarded enough to get hit by this chain consistantly.

No, people just post things without understanding anything more than "SKILL HIT ME FOR A LOT". Then they post stupid things that aren't true such as "It's a tank" class, when a Focus specced, offensively geared Guardian/Jugg is most definitely not a tank. Given the brief history, Bioware caves into these things. They got their way when your class got hit. Ours will be next, I'm sure.