I have trouble understanding this mentality

Mytilus

If you're struggling with a jumping puzzle, then I question your ability to compete in endgame PvP regardless of whether you have +4 more aim/strength/cunning/willpower than the next guy.

maybe that's the real point of the datacrons, to practice and improve hand-eye co-ordination etc? ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its hardly an exploit and the fix may have been easy but it was very extensive resulting in redesigning a whole town.

The fix to the other restricted datacrons is much less involved but they do nothing.

I have suffered a 75% loss to character customisation when creating new characters as a result of this.

Oh go cry a river , gee you lost one datacron cause you can´t make the jump .

Who cares , if don´t forget you need all codex too , cause hidden super bonus !!

Oh wait you didn´t know about that :D

Then you beter tell them to get crafting all augments items cause those are +100 stats.

And if they refuse then you can point out the reason +1600 stats ...

Oh and don´t forget , let them all respec to biochem , so you can dump 1 more healer !!

Cause clicking on those healing packs , means saving on 1 healer ! means more dps.

So will you get real now , or see a mass exodus leave your guild !!

I would if I could. However switching between all the professions to craft the augmented items would be a huge time consuming event, which can't be compared to datacron hunt, so I won't. However, 67 datacrons take like 5-6 hours with guides. Your points are being thrown out of context so I lack the ability to take it seriously.

Oh go cry a river , gee you lost one datacron cause you can´t make the jump .

Who cares , if don´t forget you need all codex too , cause hidden super bonus !!

Oh wait you didn´t know about that :D

you miss the point of the thread entirely, this is not about getting datacrons at all but then if you read the posts you would know that.

I would if I could. However switching between all the professions to craft the augmented items would be a huge time consuming event, which can't be compared to datacron hunt, so I won't. However, 67 datacrons take like 5-6 hours with guides. Your points are being thrown out of context so I lack the ability to take it seriously.

Oh well. So I guess it's all a matter of perspective then?

You don't think the improvement you get is worth the time you invest into getting it.

Maybe you are not as hardcore-nostalgia-high-end-dedicated as you think.

Edited by Heretiq

For me the effort you have to go through to get the vast majority of the datacrons simply doesn't match the reward. As with the vast majority with the game. Even crafting has you at a less than 1.8% chance that a RE will work since the last patch. Edited by Palathas

I am sitting here and thinking to my self ohhhh myyyy bip bip bip.

What has happend, am I looking at a kindergarden?

I have almost compleatly lost track of what the OP wanted with this thread. All this I am more hardcore then you simply is mind numbing.

You should agree to disagree, or maby take it in a private chat some where.

I quit WoW for exactly this kinda behaviur. I am a casual player that has a bit of fun playing a game. I am not going hardcore cuz I for 1 do not whant or have the time needed to get there.

Please stay on topic.

If you ever decide to raid endgame or compete seriously in PvP you will of course come to eat those words since when all things are equal you will always be inferior to any player that has acquired them.

Meaning all things aren't equal. Just sayin'.

Edited by Stelakh

I don't care about datacrons. You cannot believe how much I don't care about them. I'd rather watch paint dry than go jump on walls for an hour to get +2 crapness.

It's called a NOLIFE thing. People who have nothing else better to do in their life (no work, no friends, no significant other) have nothing else better to do than to jump up and down for hours trying for a +2 buff.

I can't even be bothered to play this game half the time, let ALONE jump up on walls for +2.

the point is you will never perform as well as someone who has the stat boost unless he is a complete moron.

Like i said at the start with all things equal you will always be inferior to someone who has the stat boost.

Thing is, there's no such thing as your mythical "all things being equal". Your entire argument is based on an impossability. If you can't recognize that fact, you really have no business trying to tell others they're wrong.

Edited by RedEnsign

It's called a NOLIFE thing. People who have nothing else better to do in their life (no work, no friends, no significant other) have nothing else better to do than to jump up and down for hours trying for a +2 buff.

I can't even be bothered to play this game half the time, let ALONE jump up on walls for +2.

Technically, playing any videogame is just as pointless as going for datacrons.

Hence your no life argument applies to every videogame player alive.

It's a game, no matter what you're doing in that game.

Quoted for truth.

Why are you even here?

Quoted for truth.

People like to do different things for different reasons. Some are completionists, some think those stats are worth it and others might just like the codex entries.

You two seem to enjoy belittiling and insulting strangers on the internet because they dont agree with you.

Technically, playing any videogame is just as pointless as going for datacrons.

Hence your no life argument applies to every videogame player alive.

It's a game, no matter what you're doing in that game.

/end thread

Datacrons are something that I'd invest in if I were serious about endgame as, while 1 datacron doesnt make much difference, a whole bunch of them certainly and obviously will (a 30 or 40 point boost in a stat is equivalent to a permanent mid-level stim, and that could make all the difference in a close fight).

At the moment, they're something I leave to exploration. IOW, I do them if I see one in the distance, I'll try to get there by, you know, exploring.

If I hit a snag and find myself unable to get to it after several tries, I might try a guide, but it's not like I'm going through the guides systematically.

But even if I was, that would be just another way of engaging in an activity (playing an MMO) that is, fundamentally and in essence, a complete waste of time anyway, no matter how you look at it :)

Edited by gurugeorge

If you ever decide to raid endgame or compete seriously in PvP you will of course come to eat those words since when all things are equal you will always be inferior to any player that has acquired them.

Yes, that 0.1% total differenec in stats completely borks the difference in skill and completely tips the balance in favor of those who went and got the datacrons.

People like to do different things for different reasons. Some are completionists, some think those stats are worth it and others might just like the codex entries.

You two seem to enjoy belittiling and insulting strangers on the internet because they dont agree with you.

I didn't intend to insult anyone. It's just my view on things. I think you have way too much free time to burn if you support this method of improving your character. Simple as that.

Also calling people lazy and undedicated just because they are not willing to spend 5-6 hours for a +30-40 stat boost which may or may not result in a 1% dps increase is not the nice thing to do.

Belittling and insulting strangers because they are not as hardcore-nostalgia-dedicated as you is not the nice thing to do.

Edited by Heretiq

So my question is if you are prepared to go to sooooooooo much trouble and effort to prevent using alterative routes, which personally i find petty, why don't you put a tiny bit of effort into making the bodytype restricted datacrons on Alderaan and Corellia accessible? Especially since they would require much less alterations combined than you put into Tattooine?

This was my original question albeit aimed at bioware feel free to add your opinion just try and stay on topic.

I didn't intend to insult anyone. It's just my view on things. I think you have way too much free time to burn if you support this method of improving your character. Simple as that.

Also calling people lazy and undedicated just because they are not willing to spend 5-6 hours for a +30-40 stat boost which may or may not result in a 1% dps increase is not the nice thing to do.

Belittling and insulting strangers because they are not as hardcore-nostalgia-dedicated as you is not the nice thing to do.

Genuine question. Do you do any Ops or hardmode Ops? I run a HM Op and get 1 item, 2 if I'm quite lucky. One item usually is around a 7-10 strength upgrade or so. 40 strength for 5 hours work is pretty good boost to time used.

Genuine question. Do you do any Ops or hardmode Ops? I run a HM Op and get 1 item, 2 if I'm quite lucky. One item usually is around a 7-10 strength upgrade or so. 40 strength for 5 hours work is pretty good boost to time used.

Improving my gear is only one of the reasons why I'm raiding. I mainly do it for fun.

Collecting Datacrons, however, is not fun. At least for me it isn't.

Improving my gear is only one of the reasons why I'm raiding. I mainly do it for fun.

Collecting Datacrons, however, is not fun. At least for me it isn't.

Fair point regarding one been fun and the other not. For me though dailies aren't fun and I still do them. Although i got 2 items from 120 choice and stopped..

I'm a good player. I would also consider myself a nice person.

And I don't understand the importance of those boosts.

Between the matrix shard and all the datacrons it is about +108 to your main stat.

Currently unbuffed my main stat is about 1800 with 108 of that coming from datacrons.

I'd say that is significant.