How is the watchmen buff, really a nerf?

Lightzzoutt

Can someone share this with me? I don't understand. Looked through the first 3 pages didn't find anything relevant. So someone, enlighten me.

As far as I can tell people are upset about the change to pacify not affecting raid bosses. Watchman sentinels are getting a DPS buff if the changes make it live, period.

I'm thrilled about the changes and am surprised at peoples reactions, in general, Bioware's been doing a good job addressing Sentinel related issues (e.g. combat responsiveness, the final class quest and now damage output).

EDIT: I spoke too soon and after reading more about this it does appears that the changes to searing saber and plasma blades will be a damage nerf for the stat allocation of most players. It would be nice if Bioware clarified how the 1.1.2 changes result in an overall dps increase.

Edited by DanChart

The first time I used Marauder's blind on a boss mob in pve during beta I told myself, "really? blind the boss huh?". Made zero sense, it's a cc that was affecting bosses, was doomed to death long ago. Edited by ShiroRX

Basically carebears are mad because they can't spam pacify on bosses. Who cares really, they are fixing Watchman which I commend.

What? No.

Its not about pacify, its about Plsama Blades/Searing Saber changes.

Depending on how the damage gets calculated, its either a slight buff with endgame gear or a nerf overall.

Most people testing stuff like that share the opinion that its calculated the way it will lead to a nerf, which is the complete opposite of BWs patchnotes.

So either they lied or they are somewhat incompetent ->IF<- it is a nerf.

Pacify on bosses was more like a bug, no one right in their mind should complain about that.

The patch is a nerf all around, make no mistake.

The searing saber talent is currently adding +30% dmg to all burns, crit or not. When the patch goes live this will be fixed, nerfing our dmg by a significant margin. The buffs to plasma blades will not compensate.

The patch is a nerf all around, make no mistake.

The searing saber talent is currently adding +30% dmg to all burns, crit or not. When the patch goes live this will be fixed, nerfing our dmg by a significant margin. The buffs to plasma blades will not compensate.

it's a boost. the base dmg is a bit smaller but the surge + searing saber boost on our constant crits will even out to higher.

Edited by ShiroRX

it's a boost. the base dmg is a bit smaller but the surge + searing saber boost on our constant crits will even out to higher.

So our sustained was slightly lowered, with our controlled burst increased significantly? I'll take it.

So our sustained was slightly lowered, with our controlled burst increased significantly? I'll take it.

Our "controlled burst" isn't increased significantly tho...it's like 5%...whereas the damage we can count on is nerfed by almost 20%.

Old system:

Base damage + 30% dot damage (bug) + 4% (this talent was also bugged, giving us only 2% per point for the first point and 1% after that) = 134% tick...with zero surge you are looking at a 202% dot CRIT (134 * .5 +134)

New system:

Base damage + 15% = 115% tick with an 80% crit multiplier talented giving us 207% crits (115 * 80 + 115)

You can play with the math...I was just trying to keep it really basic, and you may disagree with how i presented it and it may very well be wrong. But my logic is sound. This is essentially a nerf.

Our "controlled burst" isn't increased significantly tho...it's like 5%...whereas the damage we can count on is nerfed by almost 20%.

Old system:

Base damage + 30% dot damage (bug) + 4% (this talent was also bugged, giving us only 2% per point for the first point and 1% after that) = 134% tick...with zero surge you are looking at a 202% dot CRIT (134 * .5 +134)

New system:

Base damage + 15% = 115% tick with an 80% crit multiplier talented giving us 207% crits (115 * 80 + 115)

You can play with the math...I was just trying to keep it really basic, and you may disagree with how i presented it and it may very well be wrong. But my logic is sound. This is essentially a nerf.

Jesus, how many bugged talents do we have?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bioware knows how this will affect our damage. If they say increase, I believe it.

After all, they know EXACTLY how the numbers work. We're just assuming.

Your faith in Bioware is horrifically misplaced. They have the population numbers for both sides readily available. They still made the terrible changes to Ilum in spite of having information right in front of them showing that it would work out very poorly.

Edited by Garrum

Your faith in Bioware is horrifically misplaced. They have the population numbers for both sides readily available. They still made the terrible changes to Ilum in spite of having information right in front of them showing that it would work out very poorly.

I'm quite confident they just went with Ilum the way it is because they had no better solution. The solution will be to just phase it out of the meta in 1.2, where they redo how ppl get gear and introduce a new zone.

Also. Combat/class balance teams ≠ pvp team

Edited by ShiroRX

I just dont see how any class in this game can be nerfed or buffed till all the class bugs are

squashed. Adjusting something for the sake of adjusting makes zero sense. :cool:

quoted for mothertruckin TROOF. Melee sucks in this game to play right because of animation delays stuttering and a crappy UI and camera auto zooming in all the freakin time.

They are just now getting around to making sure that OUR TALENTS WORK. What a joke.

Uh, no? Learn to math. Not going to do it for you. Try to remember we are losing 30% base dmg which is multiplied by surge.

Who cares? They didn't have to buff Plasma, they did it so we'd shut up and not scream bloody murder. Yet some are still whining over it.

Searing was broken and they fixed it after WE showed them it was not working properly.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve