Mortar vs DFA (Decent comparative video)

ChrisJSY

Yep, over heating my chain gun on the dead horse I know but I haven't seen anyone else do a decent enough video, so I made one.

It's not one of those where they show one, then the other, this is side by side, with times done by FPS timecode, by the same person, on the same pc, at the same dead time of morning, at the same range and with slow motion at the end.

So have at it, throw em around when people tell you "IT'S THE SAME FOR BOTH CLASSES".

Because it's not.

Shazzam.

Notes:

I'd like to mention that the trooper can indeed fire off another ability at the same time of the third volley, however it takes complete chance it doing it and not interupting, decent people are able to pull it off pretty much always but, why should they?

Edited by ChrisJSY
corrections

Bioware HAS finally acknowledged this is a problem. The fact that it wasn't fixed earlier though doesn't make up for this. You my friend are amazing, and would like to thank you for your contributions to the cause!

Where have they acknowledged this problem exactly? i've been combing the forums trying to find any sort of response but without luck so far, source would be helpful ty :)

What in the emperor's name is this indeed.

What bugs me most about this is that it's been brought to their attention since the the game was in beta and their inability to sort it quickly indicates they either don't know how or just don't care.

Neither of which I find comforting.

Good video, hope BW fixes this soon, but its not as bad as many people think. Ive tested several times and while the damage ticks certainly are behind (starting later) once the channel is finished you can fire off something else and the ticks still hit. Never had a problem with the channel or the the ticks being interupted (even though the ticks themselves start 1.5 seconds later which in a pinch can get you killed, i agree)

Bioware HAS finally acknowledged this is a problem. The fact that it wasn't fixed earlier though doesn't make up for this. You my friend are amazing, and would like to thank you for your contributions to the cause!

The delay you are refering to is the delay everyone has for ALL abilities, aka lagg.

What we have here, is a channel ability that takes 1 second longer for troopers to perform compared to bounty hunters.

The same goes for Stock barrel. Animation is faster on bounty hunters.

Full auto much better for bounty hunters, around 0.5 second difference.

I have not seen that they have acknowledged this at all.

to OP.

Since you have this, why dont you do full auto as well. Not that we use it much but its needed. And do rocket punch vs stock barrel.

The funny thing is that so many people keep blowing this off, saying it's not that big of a deal bla bla bla. I rolled a BH a couple of days ago just so I could compare them. I was blown away at how much better ALL the channeled abilities are. I actually contemplated sticking with the BH, because it was so much more enjoyable to play since everything worked. But then I thought, I don't WANT to be a BH.

In the end, I convinced myself that BW will fix this eventually, and that I will be patient. But seriously... maybe there would be more republic players if the mechanics actually worked. I decided to stick with my trooper because I like the aesthetics more. I like being a good guy, I like my big flipping gun, etc.

But I wonder how many people went BH just because of this/these bugs. Sucks.

Edited by FrankyBoots

+1 to the post.

BW HQ is loaded of Imps!!! I´m gonna go with my trooper and Mortar ur desk!!! but with the delay they just got time to use the "emergency fleet pass" and teleport to Imperial fleet ¬¬

Edited by Hythrel

Where have they acknowledged this problem exactly? i've been combing the forums trying to find any sort of response but without luck so far, source would be helpful ty :)

Ah, I found it in the dev tracker a little while back. I tried going back to find it but its been pushed off. It has to do with "character" responsiveness. They actually acknowledged mortar volley was "not working as intended". Im very sorry i couldn't find the actual posting for you.

As much as I'd love to do higher tier abilities, I cannot because I don't actually play a trooper, I just leveled a BH/Trooper for this (+ a bit more, it was a little fun!).

If test had access to premade 50s I'd make a comprehensive mirror of EVERY ability for EVERY AC and I'd do the work bioware pays someone to do for free. *hint hint*.