So let me get this straight...

Kantoro

I don't PvP, ever. I don't like it, I don't like any activities that have a basis in ruining another persons day.

So on Ilum, I am minding my own business is a non flagged zone, on a PvE server. Someone comes along flagged, with his 3 buddies and stands next to my pet. My pet's AoE (I am fighting mobs doing my dailies) flags me. They proceed to kill me. So now, I am forced to respawn at a med center and stand there for 5 minutes doing nothing?

How GD stupid. No one should be able to FORCE you to flag on a PvE realm, in a PvE area. Or FORCE you to turn off abilities just so they can be a *******. This is why I don't PvP, it makes you stupid and turn into the type of person that gets their rocks off by ruining another persons day.

I don't PvP, ever. I don't like it, I don't like any activities that have a basis in ruining another persons day.

So on Ilum, I am minding my own business is a non flagged zone, on a PvE server. Someone comes along flagged, with his 3 buddies and stands next to my pet. My pet's AoE (I am fighting mobs doing my dailies) flags me. They proceed to kill me. So now, I am forced to respawn at a med center and stand there for 5 minutes doing nothing?

How GD stupid. No one should be able to FORCE you to flag on a PvE realm, in a PvE area. Or FORCE you to turn off abilities just so they can be a *******. This is why I don't PvP, it makes you stupid and turn into the type of person that gets their rocks off by ruining another persons day.

Why would something like that ruin your day? It's a video game dude, killing other people is supposed to be fun.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

Why would something like that ruin your day? It's a video game dude, killing other people is supposed to be fun.

Meh, some people don't like continuously being destroyed because they lack the skills for PvP. It happens.

Edited by OtterNation

Stuff like this is really hard to root out, if it bothers you so much you just have to turn off your companion's AoE.

I remember playing in the Rift launch, doing a huge rift in the newbie Guardian zone, helping AoE down the million mobs in there. So of course three high-level Defiants come and park themselves in the middle. I've been playing MMOs for years so knew enough to switch to single-target attacks, but a lot of lowbies were flagged, and killed, by those awesome awesome Defiants.

So yes it's annoying, and no one likes having to meet the worst possible MMO players ever, but once you know what you're doing it's easy enough to avoid.

Edited by Pubsam

Stuff like this is really hard to root out, if it bothers you so much you just have to turn off your companion's AoE.

I remember playing in the Rift launch, doing a huge rift in the newbie Guardian zone, helping AoE down the million mobs in there. So of course three high-level Defiants come and park themselves in the middle. I've been playing MMOs for years so knew enough to switch to single-target attacks, but a lot of lowbies were flagged, and killed, by those awesome awesome Defiants.

So yes it's annoying, and no one likes having to meet the worst possible MMO players ever, but once you know what you're doing it's easy enough to avoid.

Turning off his companion's AOE is a band-aid garbage fix. Why should he lower his companion's DPS just to avoid getting griefed.

The fix is not that hard. Manual PvP toggle for PvE servers. If you're not toggled, you can't do damage to playing characters. This prevents getting ganked while toggled as well. You know, that d-bag that likes to sit and watch you kill stuff and then when you are 1/2-1/3 health jumps you. At least if you see him toggle up, you know what's coming. (I play on a PvP server so I really don't care anyways. However, if involuntary PvP is an issue, it should be addressed.)

Problem solved! Bioware, I accept payment in the form of *********** and booze.

Next item on the agenda!

Meh, some people don't like continuously being destroyed because they lack the skills for PvP. It happens.

Most PVP is not skill-based. For example, 4 people vs. 1, where the 1 is questing. Where is the "skill" in that?

Underneath its just people getting a kick out of being mean to another human being. How is that fun?

Edited by Arugess

Turning off his companion's AOE is a band-aid garbage fix. Why should he lower his companion's DPS just to avoid getting griefed.

The fix is not that hard. Manual PvP toggle for PvE servers. If you're not toggled, you can't do damage to playing characters. This prevents getting ganked while toggled as well. You know, that d-bag that likes to sit and watch you kill stuff and then when you are 1/2-1/3 health jumps you. At least if you see him toggle up, you know what's coming. (I play on a PvP server so I really don't care anyways. However, if involuntary PvP is an issue, it should be addressed.)

Problem solved! Bioware, I accept payment in the form of *********** and booze.

Next item on the agenda!

Yeah you'd just have other people annoyed by that change, and their annoyance is just as valid as the OP's. Someone like me I'd sit around trying to heal someone in open world, wondering why nothing was landing. Or they'd die before I could turn my flag on fast enough.

So he could SLIGHTLY nerf his companion's AoE (and remain completely unnerfed for single target) while doing EASY solo missions and completely fix this problem himself. And the mouthbreathers who engaged his companion won't have the patience to stick around until he messes up. Seems like Bioware stepping in is not worth the effort for so trivial an issue.

Yep, thats how it works. :mad: I don't know how BW can advertise a game with PVE servers when in reality they are all PVP servers when there are such exploits in place. Numerous threads and people complaining about being forced into unwilling pvp and there has been nothing to fix it.

Hey there,

Thank you for posting your feedback. Joveth Gonzalez has posted about this issue in this thread. We are closing this thread but encourage you to post in the thread we have just linked. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that the development team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating different solutions for it. Your feedback is important and we want everyone to be able to have an enjoyable experience. We'll definitely keep you posted with the latest information on this.

Thank you