Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

So basically you want an entire capitalist society to take into account your personal situation?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware never lied. They always said that pre-ordering qualifies you for UP TO 5 DAYS of early access. If you believe you would get all 5 days of early access you are very naive. They also said the time at which you put in your code determined when you get allowed in. This is Biowares biggest and most expensive project ever, can you really blame them for not letting everyone in the game as early as possible?

The issue is that anyone in December has a 0% chance of 5 days.

You don't actually know that. They may still allow people who pre-ordered in Dec to get in today, no one really knows for sure what will happen.

Add to that the fact they added 2 extra days for some, and it becomes insulting.

They added 2 extra days for everyone. If they hadn't added those extra days, then right now the people getting in today would of been the same people let in on Tuesday. That means people like me who pre-ordered in Dec wouldn't be getting in until Sunday at the soonest, and maybe not until Monday.

We will be getting in on Friday at the latest, that means we'll be getting 2 more days then we would of if they had stuck with a Dec 15th start to the early access.

I can't blame you for getting annoyed having the game you anticipate so much dangled in front of you like a carrot on a stick is not a very nice experience, but on the other hand you can't blame Bioware either, cause this is a brilliant way to launch a game, communication and handling has been top notch. I'm not in yet and I would rate the launch 8/10 prolly 9/10 when I get in and see I don't have to fight hordes of people for every mob. And i have been one of those no lifers sitting standby the last 2 days, but that was my own choice and fault for wasting that time, not theirs.

And I think this is exactly what I want people to understand with my post is that, you can't blame people for feeling frustrated, so just stop. Nor am I saying that you all should Flame Bioware and get mad at them specifically, once explained fully and properly the reasoning behind the wave system is sound. Frustrating, but still sound.

All I want is for flamers to stop flaming really when people have legitimate anger and frustration. Goading them will only start flame wars and more anger. Honestly the more stuff I read on the forums and see the flamers being excessively degrading and nasty, the less I feel that this game will have a good community.

How about yourself and your moronic feelins of entitlement? People are pointing and laughing just like they do at a 4 yr old who's making a spectacle of himself, the behavior is pretty similar too.

Wrong. People are pointing and mocking you for your lauhable misunderstanding of what "entitlement" means.

i understand peoples frustration, i really do, me and my friends and fiancé haven't even been checking our Emails, We ordered it in December,

reason being, it had nothing to do with Bioware, but the last few EA releases we've been apart of have been worthless, the second we saw the EA tag on the game, we thought

"screw it were wait for reviews on the game, we don't care about getting in early anyway"

i don't predict we're get in before the 17th, Yes its our fault for us not pre-ordering a game sooner, but guess what, I don't honestly care, i've got other things i can/and do do rather then waiting for information.

the real stupid thing, is watching server status and seeing "Light" and "Standard" all over the servers, while thinking "If the servers are fine, and there empty/medium-sized" why the hell are they taking so long sending the waves out.

To me, it feels i made the right choice not trusting the game enough to pre-order it before trying it, because by the looks of it, the game makers/publishers don't even trust there own servers, even after a stress test of 2 million users,

If they cant trust there own servers, why the hell should i?

That aside, While reading the forums, it seems the main reason people are mad/upset is due to the lack of information or ETAs being sent out

In the world of the internet - Information is key, the lack of knowing why its taking so long is pissing people off, the lack of knowing when there going to be able to log in, is pissing people off,

There not so pissed off about not being in, as much as not knowing when they will get in.

that aside. I stand by my choice not to preorder the game sooner, I've given up trusting companys like EA who cant host simple servers, weither i got in 2 days ago, or in 2 days from now, it's not worth my £80 i had to spend on the game, to risk a ****** launch, and im glad i didn't take the chance, or keep my hopes up :)

i still think this is BS i havent gotten a invite but been getting emails from them saying u can get in on the 26th of november etc while my receipt says i can get in on the 15th of december well quess what its the 15th and still no bloody invite to early access

You see this does not matter dude because there is still a problem. It doesnt if bioware said something because the message did not get out. So you coming in here pointing your finger and telling people to shut up is stupid. Go somewhere else if you can not indulge in intelligent conversation where you think things through. The facts are still the same and it is still a problem. What you mentioned is not a problem and does not need to be fixed so you coming in here just for the simple purpose of trolling on people that are mad just shows me that its pretty sad because you get a kick of this. Pretty much **** and leave if you are not going to help.

The fact that people can't read or understand is not Biowares fault. There's a certain amount of culpability put upon the consumer to read the fine print and understand what they are buying. The fine print on this wasn't really that fine either. it was loud and clear in the original email, on the SWTOR pre-order page and on the Origin website. Not sure about others.

Edited by Dasffion

Uhm, they did a suprise wave in the middle of the night ,all of OCT,1/2 of NOV.

And its only the 15th and the waves for today have not started ide say the offer of early access is being fulfilled.

5 days early access not 7 , 5 days, and its being fulfilled i expected maybe to be in 18th ot 19th but i could very well be in today at this rate.

and Bioware stated the rules and guidelines to EGA

fact.

Bioware offered preorders back starting 7/21

fact.

Bioware also stated that in order to be put in que for EGA, you needed to redeem your preorder access code and that code would determine your eligibility for entry into staggered release.

fact.

Bioware messed up the pre-order codes for some people.

fact.

lol I honestly don't care though, I understand why they're doing EGA the way they are, and I'd rather wait a few extra days than have jammed login servers with 1000+ queues. Would have been nice if they fixed it though, I received and entered my code 7/23 and put it into the system, got confirmation, and noticed awhile back that somehow it got reset :confused:

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled?

Yes because Bioware has constantly explained everything in YELLOW on the forums and posted on the FAQ and the only ones whining are those who fail at reading comprehension. It's not Bioware's fault people didn't order overnight delivery. If there was no overnight option then they are sol. or get it from another source that does have it. It's not Bioware's fault that people didn't get their codes from retailers when they should have. It's not Bioware's fault that someone who preordered before the codes were released and didn't get the codes on the day they were released didn't actively pursue acquiring said preorder code.

EGA has went for the most part flawlessly. Servers have performed quite well averaging over 100fps down to 50-60fps, minimal lag, disconnects. Kudos to Bioware.

You see this does not matter dude because there is still a problem. It doesnt if bioware said something because the message did not get out. So you coming in here pointing your finger and telling people to shut up is stupid. Go somewhere else if you can not indulge in intelligent conversation where you think things through. The facts are still the same and it is still a problem. What you mentioned is not a problem and does not need to be fixed so you coming in here just for the simple purpose of trolling on people that are mad just shows me that its pretty sad because you get a kick of this. Pretty much and leave if you are not going to help.

Maybe it didn't get out, but that's your fault and not BW's fault. Failure to read, educate yourself, understand, or otherwise know what the heck is going on is entirely on the player. Yes, it sucks. No, that doesn't mean it's not your fault.

It may be your opinion that it's not your fault, but you're wrong. Seriously. Who didn't read the information? You. What caused you to not read the information? Your laziness or ignorance or impatience. What could BW have done to make sure you read it? Send out an email? No, because we'd be in this same situation with a few less people; having an email state the rules and having the website state the rules are the same - most people will never read it.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. :p

Income is your responsibility.

The problem is some of us pre ordered back in august the stores ran out of codes and had to wait for more to be sent.

So now our friends are already level 15+ for those that want to play on pvp server this sucks.

Won't be that bad if everyone gets in today but the longer it takes the worse it is.

For those raging and threatening to quit Obama is not in charge of this game you are entitled to nothing.

Man, these bioware nut cuppers are some of the worst fanboys I have ever seen. A Bioware employee could have taken a dump on your sandwich, and you guys would gladly be munching on it. Point being-- Things could have, and should have been handled differently.

I am sure your plan is the apex of awesome. The pinnacle of perfection.

You (given the chance) know precisely how to make it so no one complains. Everyone would praise your plan. You would be the hero.

Oh wait, no. You have no idea what you're talking about and don't understand that no matter what you do. People will *****.

Kindly sign off before your mommy gets angry.

How about yourself and your moronic feelins of entitlement? People are pointing and laughing just like they do at a 4 yr old who's making a spectacle of himself, the behavior is pretty similar too.

Okay why are you in this thread. It was made for people that are mad about not having access. I am sticking to the topic. I like how you said 4 year old because it lead me to believe that you have to be young or else you would have said like an 18 year old boy because I have seen plenty of them get mad as well. I am just saying go do something else. Hell level a character in the game. Trolling the forum is something child molesters and people that suck at social skills do. Quit while you are ahead.

I don't know about anyone else but it wasn't free for me. Origin charged 5 dollars as an early access fee.

OMG how many times must this be explained...

They did not charge you 5 anything for early access. They charged you a $5 down payment, the price you pay when they charge your account for the retail game will be $5 less then retail.

On Origin, the price was $59.99, pre order fee was $5, the retail price charged will be $54.99. 59.99-5=54.99.

I think you don't comprehend the meaning of the phrase self-entitlement. Here's a hint. It does not apply to paying customers. If you go to Burger King and pay for a whopper and after taking your money they decide they don't feel like making one for you for another five hours you are not "self entitled" you are an angry paying customer. The idea of entitlement is the notion that you are entitled to something for nothing( Ie people getting mad they can't play the game when they didn't pay). There is a very big difference and you and several others don't seem to understand.

And you know what makes this even cooler? Now we have a thread set up for people to point fingers and laugh at us. If i don't hold bioware responsible than who? This is their game.

That's the whole problem.... Bioware put out how it was going to be. Then you have people who procrastinated on it all and want it changed because " it Wasnt their fault.... "

If you cant afford to buy something, dont buy it.. If you're that strapped for cash probably best that you dont even play and resolve your money issue(s) first. Playing a game is a luxury, not a right.. People are acting like everything is OWED to them..

ie, take some responsibility for your actions and quit blaming everyone and everything other than yourself. Yes, its their game, but it's not their responsibility to spoon feed you.

Im not point this to you specificly LostnKnox, just pointing out that you made my point in your quote.

i understand peoples frustration, i really do, me and my friends and fiancé haven't even been checking our Emails, We ordered it in December,

reason being, it had nothing to do with Bioware, but the last few EA releases we've been apart of have been worthless, the second we saw the EA tag on the game, we thought

"screw it were wait for reviews on the game, we don't care about getting in early anyway"

i don't predict we're get in before the 17th, Yes its our fault for us not pre-ordering a game sooner, but guess what, I don't honestly care, i've got other things i can/and do do rather then waiting for information.

the real stupid thing, is watching server status and seeing "Light" and "Standard" all over the servers, while thinking "If the servers are fine, and there empty/medium-sized" why the hell are they taking so long sending the waves out.

To me, it feels i made the right choice not trusting the game enough to pre-order it before trying it, because by the looks of it, the game makers/publishers don't even trust there own servers, even after a stress test of 2 million users,

If they cant trust there own servers, why the hell should i?

That aside, While reading the forums, it seems the main reason people are mad/upset is due to the lack of information or ETAs being sent out

In the world of the internet - Information is key, the lack of knowing why its taking so long is pissing people off, the lack of knowing when there going to be able to log in, is pissing people off,

There not so pissed off about not being in, as much as not knowing when they will get in.

that aside. I stand by my choice not to preorder the game sooner, I've given up trusting companys like EA who cant host simple servers, weither i got in 2 days ago, or in 2 days from now, it's not worth my £80 i had to spend on the game, to risk a ****** launch, and im glad i didn't take the chance, or keep my hopes up :)

Bioware is acceleration the early access invites. I expect to see most everyone playing by Saturday at this rate. There's no reason to be mad, worried or anything else.

People in general have lost the old virtue of patients.

People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

1. It is called a $5 deposit at Gamestop

2. It is not EAs fault that you chose wrongly with your RL partner

3. It is not EAs fault your boss didnt give you enough hours

It is not EAs fault for your lack of insight or planning

I think the launch went smoothly. I have been enjoying mysef in game the few hours I get after work every evening