EA Stock Surges After SWTOR Subscriber Numbers Reveal

Abriael

Look at the forums. People aren't exactly happy with the game. You really think people are sticking around? :rolleyes:

I look at these forums and laugh daily, i have seen it on tons of other mmo forums and fps game forums from all the doom mongerers, and you know whats always the same. Its always the vocal minority screaming 'were doomed doomed we are all doomed'.

But here begs the question, if its so doomed why are you here screaming its doomed and terrabad instead of enjoying your time on a game you love ?

Edited by Shingara

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*rubs head slowly*

You know, this is what I hope:

1) That the doomsayers are wrong.

2) That bioware will fix some of the more horrible issues in the game and in custemor support.

3) That bioware will include more basic features (like an emote for lying down, sitable chairs, chat bubbles etc. for the RP crowd, a graphic engine that does not suffer from these issues for the PvE and especially the PvP gamers.

4) That people, doomsayers and fanboys alike, actually stop crying doom on one hand saying its likely the end of the game and that everything will crash and burn. And that fanboys will stop claiming that everything will grow and be golden.

This is what I think will happen:

1) Fanboys and doomsayers will keep being ignorant.

2) The game will remain a positive source of income for Bioware/EAgames.

3) The game will lose a large number of subscribers and become significantly smaller than it is right now.

4) That the game is very unlikely to die.

Not every "doomsayer" thinks the game is going to lose every last subscriber. Not everyone that thinks the game is going to fail is a "doomsayer".

Success for an MMORPG by my standards is actually gaining subscriptions at some point. Over 2 million copies sold. SW:TOR will never see numbers like that again. In fact, SW:TOR probably won't even maintain half of that through the first year.

I look at these forums and laugh daily, i have seen it on tons of other mmo forums and fps game forums from all the doom mongerers, and you know whats always the same. Its always the vocal minority screaming 'were doomed doomed we are all doomed'.

But here begs the question, if its so doomed why are you here screaming its doomed and terrabad instead of enjoying your time on a game you love ?

I don't love the game. I cancelled my subscription and my time is running out. I'm just here to spread the word of unsatisfied customer.

I don't love the game. I cancelled my subscription and my time is running out. I'm just here to spread the word of unsatisfied customer.

So instead of playing a game you love your having more fun spreading your word are you lol. Is it just me that sees the comedy value in that.

Edited by Shingara

i have so many reply to that but i shall not use them, must not collect points, points are bad.

But are you saying they arnt telling the truth to there investors, please put it in black and white here so they can sue you for liable.

Points are bad? I been collecting them :(

How about just white. They mislead them. What they said technically was the truth they did not give an acurate account of the numbers and their intent for it was to purposely mislead people with how they said it.

Its like saying a majority of the group approved of the idea while some did not. When the numbers were:

3,234,223 approve

3,234,222 disapprove

It was a majority that approved and some people did not approve, the way it was said was to make people believe it was more like 6 million approve and 400,000+ disaprove.

Not every "doomsayer" thinks the game is going to lose every last subscriber. Not everyone that thinks the game is going to fail is a "doomsayer".

Success for an MMORPG by my standards is actually gaining subscriptions at some point. Over 2 million copies sold. SW:TOR will never see numbers like that again. In fact, SW:TOR probably won't even maintain half of that through the first year.

If they are using constructive critism, and there are plenty to critize, then its not being a doomsayer. A game does not need 2 million subscriptions to be a financial success, and its too early to say wether or not it can maintain the numbers or not.

I stand by my comments.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Haha. 1.7 million was including free accounts as well, not to mention the steadily dropping population. Wait for the their next quarter numbers. This game is going to represent one of the worst investments in MMORPG history.

Here's the thing, what proof do you have the numbers are dropping? The population has remained pretty much constant on my server. I'm not saying it's NOT dropping but you need something more than your say so to make things a fact. If you can't offer proof you're just issuing conjecture.

Look at the forums. People aren't exactly happy with the game. You really think people are sticking around? :rolleyes:

You seem to be always here and judging by your post history your Troll skills are second to none.

Do you pay subscription just so you could troll, obviously you don't like this game?

Here's the thing, what proof do you have the numbers are dropping? The population has remained pretty much constant on my server. I'm not saying it's NOT dropping but you need something more than your say so to make things a fact. If you can't offer proof you're just issuing conjecture.

Until Bioware issue some server stats that's all anyone can do. Personally I have characters located on 3 servers and in the first few weeks I always had to sit in a queue to join. Over the months the queue time went down and now, even at peak time, I never see any of them as being full.

Edited by CommonKnowledge

You seem to be always here and judging by your post history your Troll skills are second to none.

Do you pay subscription just so you could troll, obviously you don't like this game?

Most likely he's a paid forum poster, if you don't know what that is do a google search. It's actually a business.

Ok so if there are 1.7 million subs, where are they. I was on Tanis all morning on my server until around 2pm UK time and it was a wastle land I think I saw 4 people in total and the instance population did not go above 19.

Now Either that means to me the numbers are from those who bought the game and they are counting all subs including the 30 day free ones or they have to many servers and need to consolidate a bit.

I am on a PvE server maybe everyone likes PvP servers i don't know but all I can say is what I see and on Sluis Shipyards server population seems very very low.

Ent

Things don't look that great post launch.

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,972 -24.7% 2,094,370

Source; vgchartz

Things don't look that great post launch.

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,972 -24.7% 2,094,370

Source; vgchartz

FYI VGChartz doesn't track digital downloads.

FYI VGChartz doesn't track digital downloads.

The trend is the concern here. Also, I am not convinced they they haven't accounted for digital sales as their estimate and the figures for total sales given by EA in the earnings release call were very close. Regardless, sales have fallen off a cliff.