Sage Wars

Binafus

2 things ....

1. Why couldn't you have been an OP!??!!? 1 less op > 1 less scoundrel.

2. You SHOULDN'T be able to kill a healer 1v1, I know you're are used to stunning / instakill everyone but come on... they aren't going to kill you either. You're team should be focus firing the healers down then cleaning up the rest.

You put a Sage and a scoundrel in BM gear and the Sorc will win every time unless they have no clue how to play which many don't.

This was before the patch.

Any good Sorc or Sage already knows this, the nerf was caused by the baddies like most of you guys posting.

If you do not believe this ask any Sage on your server that are decked in BM gear if they died pre patch in a 1 on 1 to a scoundrel.

Edited by Killabee

Sadly this is actually true, you can expect half the players in any given team to be the hybrid class. This is mostly due to bad game design, why limit yourself purely to dps/tanking/healing when you can be all 3? Sorc/Merc/Ops can all do this, thus most players prefer that over the more limited sort.

Well I do agree, Sorcs and Sages are everywhere. 5 warzones today and in each one both teams had at least 4 of them Inqusitors, ACs heavily leaning towards the casters as the stealthers are not nearly as popular.

PS: Sorcs and Sages are very much killable once you get in there and they have wasted their aoe pushback. Not easy kills, but killable.

Sadly this is actually true, you can expect half the players in any given team to be the hybrid class. This is mostly due to bad game design, why limit yourself purely to dps/tanking/healing when you can be all 3? Sorc/Merc/Ops can all do this, thus most players prefer that over the more limited sort.

All three roles? Where's my tanking tree as an Operative then?

Edited by danatharia

Champion Geared Sage Healer here:

Actually pissed off an Operative 1.1.1 by knocking him back and stunning him every time he tried to gank.....actually killed him lol.... He ultimately resorted to kill stealing or ganking when others have a player down to 50% or 25% health.

Not sure if this was the way it was intended to play --- but they are effective in immobilizing healers quite fast.

Carry on.

All the people whining about the scoundrel\ops nerfs are hilarious! Yes, I have a scoundrel. I switched from heals to dps 2 days before the nerf and have continued playing it post-nerf. The class was OP pre-nerf. I was able to take on 2-3 people and win. Now, I can still tear people up 1v1, but not so quickly that I can take on multiple people at the same time.

All the people whining about the scoundrel\ops nerfs are hilarious! Yes, I have a scoundrel. I switched from heals to dps 2 days before the nerf and have continued playing it post-nerf. The class was OP pre-nerf. I was able to take on 2-3 people and win. Now, I can still tear people up 1v1, but not so quickly that I can take on multiple people at the same time.

So you could kill three Sages 3 on 1, you can kill win a 1 on 1 now vs a sage please share the video of these heroic battles.

Look at the WZ's today you notice the lack of Scoundrels, Yeah they are FINE LOL

So you could kill three Sages 3 on 1, you can kill win a 1 on 1 now vs a sage please share the video of these heroic battles.

Look at the WZ's today you notice the lack of Scoundrels, Yeah they are FINE LOL

You mean all of the FOTM people left the class?

Riveting tale, chap.

Riveting tale, chap.

Do you know what FOTM means?

You must be a Sage (which by all means is the FOTM) look at all the sub 30s see what they are playing.

Chap maybe over the pond FOTM means something else but not here in the usa

Edited by Killabee

Yeah, let me just go back in time and download fraps so I can show you what I did before the nerf. That makes sense.

I never said I could take on 3 sages/sorcs. I don't think anyone could unless the sorcs in question were not using any control abilities at all.

I will tell you that pre-nerf I have successfully killed a sorc, merc, and sniper guarding a turret in Alderaan through good use of LOS, Interrupts, stuns, and combat stealth.

Believe me, or don't. You've obviously already made your mind up. All I can do is tell you that good players will still be successful with the class. The fact that you think it is worthless just shows your ability.

Riveting tale, chap.

FOTM? LOL! Was barely any smugs and ops at all, now even less.

Seriously, my last 5 games last night was worse than previous evening: 1 heal agent (me) and 15 sorc huttball. I spent 90% those games CC'd and or flying through the air (while CC'd). I ended up camping center doing nothing as they swapped sprint/force pull scores; anytime I got anywhere near an elevated position I get punted and or out right melted by lightning n dots.

Sorc Wars indeed.

True FOTM is Sorc and Sages since it is by far the most played class and that was BEFORE the nerfs. Next in line is commandos/BHs. This game is so messed up it's not even funny anymore.

Edited by fixit

Do you know what FOTM means?

You must be a Sage (which by all means is the FOTM) look at all the sub 30s see what they are playing.

Chap maybe over the pond FOTM means something else but not here in the usa

Currently leveling a Guardian alt through PVP only... all I see is groups of baby scoundrels and ops everywhere.

If you are a Sage you don't have to act like your a OP or Scoundrel and say you are overpowered they will not nerf you too many people play them.

Tell me about your 10k hit next lol.

Or your 3 on 1 where you knocked them all down with one hit and killed them before they got up.

Edited by Killabee