Aim Vs. Cunning

SeiaDoon

I am still trying to get the ropes of the status in this game. For a Merc, is Aim more important than Cunning? Then the follow up question, is cunning still an important trait for Mercs? I know it affects tech abilities but what exactly are tech abilities nothing in game really says that I can find. Is there a list of what is in the tech abilities group?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Sorry I should have pointed out I am going up the Pyro tree right now but my switch to Arsenal at some point if that meaks a difference.

Edited by SeiaDoon

Cunning gives a bonus to tech attacks. But Aim gives the same bonus to tech attacks, while also buffing ranged attacks as well. Therefore, mever choose cunning over aim.

Combine that with the fact that aim and cunning are mutually exclusive (you never see both and you must take one or the other...both don't appear on 1 item), and aim is the clear winner.

Aim being the primary stat of your class increases all your abilities, and cunning increases only some of them. So not worth taking.

Only time it is worth taking cunning gear is if the other choice is having nothing at all.

Like if you are very low level and dont have any belt at all, then taking a cunning belt would still of course be better than not having a blet at all. But replacing anything that already has aim with something that has cunning is nearly always bad.

Although in some situations it may be worth taking and temporarily using a random loot drop weapon with cunning (if no equal item level weapon with aim is available) because the higher weapon damage can be more important than what stats the weapon has.

In any other case, definitely not worth ever using cunning gear.