If you rely on gear, you're not a PVPer...

-Fenix

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but if it turns out they nerf it so hard that PvE gear is better (It already is better to be in half PvE anyway), then what's the point of even having a system where you get rewarded with gear with PvP.

Bioware should just straight up tell us. If you want to be competitive in PvP, you must do high end PvE. The only use for your commendations is to stock up on expertise and healing potions

Agreed.

With the caveat that it really does suck for those players who've put a lot of time into getting the gear.

I may not agree with their views on what makes them "great pvp'ers", but I can empathize with them that having it taken away (to any degree) when they dedicated time to it does suck.

Maybe, but if it turns out they nerf it so hard that PvE gear is better (It already is better to be in half PvE anyway), then what's the point of even having a system where you get rewarded with gear with PvP.

Bioware should just straight up tell us. If you want to be competitive in PvP, you must do high end PvE. The only use for your commendations is to stock up on expertise and healing potions

First off:

E-sports = competition.

PVP = killing players / WAR.

Secondly, PVP gear should never have been implemented in the first place. There should have been world bases and such placed on every world past the capital planets and owning those bases should have rewarded rare, one-time-use consumables, increasing in quality over the time it has been owned by a faction. Then there is a purpose to PVP constantly, and out in the open world instead of in warzones and Ilum.

Edited by -Fenix

You're a carebear that wants to be a PVPer. The coming changes are welcomed by the actual PVPers.

You mean these changes?

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

Don't see anything taking gear out of the equation here bro. You're welcome to strip and queue for WZ's though, I'll be happy to farm you. :rolleyes:

without pvp gear raid gear becomes the best pvp gear skill is even more meaningless the only people who support this are the losers on the wrong side of the skill/equip parabola. the biochem changes instead of making any other of the skills worth having whats the laziest thing that can be done nerf biochem people ************ about not wanting to pvp for gear so they dont get housed lets put in the lev 50 pvp gear thats already on your computer no no thats too lazy lets just make no reason to have the gear and force people into the raids at the same time is a weakass strat that benefits them ****s us but go ahead put your head in the sand stupid people only hear themselves anyway.

You mean these changes?

Don't see anything taking gear out of the equation here bro. You're welcome to strip and queue for WZ's though, I'll be happy to farm you. :rolleyes:

go read the new patch notes its right under the biochem section gradual phaseing down of pvp gear stats its pretty clear if you can read

> Make game with gear grind

> Make Gear not matter.

>Wut

Lucasarts strategy:

>Make amazing sandbox MMO with freeform classes that mix and match.

>Destroy said MMO with "new game enhancements", alienate current subscription base, search for WOWtard casuals.

>Create new WOW-in-space MMO.

>Shut down old MMO, alienating old subscription base further.

>Re-do new MMO to make like old destroyed one, alienating new subscription base, restoring faith in old base.

>Nostalgia from old base causes profits to soar.

>New, redone MMO kills competition, new subscription base whines on forums.

>trollface

Edited by -Fenix

You mean these changes?

No, these changes:

As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

I just want pvp to be a test of skill as much as possible, not gear.

Then farm the gear like the rest of us.... If this turns into kiddie wow where everything is given to players i will not be here much longer... Reason i didnt play wow is because if u work and put in the time on this game like others u get rewarded, im not paying a sub for a game with a concept of giving free gear to players so they can compete, ill go play black ops if this happens...

I am however an advocate for making lvl 50 expertise armor mods only to put in current gear to be more competitive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Every time someone uses a form of the term "not a real PvP'er"...

Facts:

PvP = Player versus Player

Player <> Character

Player <> Gear

Player = Skill (in that skill is the only way the player is reflected in game)

Gear <> Skill

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online

RPG = Role Playing Game

Character = Gear (in that gear and other stats determine the Character's power)

RPG = Character

If we sift through these facts we can arrive at assumptions that have a logical basis:

Gear is a function of the character, not of the player.

Skill is a function of the player, not of the character.

MMO is not a function of player or character, but player or character can be a function of an MMO.

RPGs rely on Character and therefore gear.

PvP relies on Player and therefore skill.

MMO RPGs rely on Character and therefore gear.

MMO PvP relies on Player and therefore skill.

Therefore, any system that relies on gear is character based and any system that relies on skill is player based.

PvP is supposed to be player based therefore "PvP" that uses gear is not logically PvP but rather Character versus Character (or CvC).

They could keep the gear and just remove the expertise, it's still nice gear if you would rather pvp than pve and get gear and it should have a different look. I'm a little disappointed that so many people look just alike, I think that is more of an issue to me.

Agreed with your post. Does that mean pve gear will be superior in pvp moving forward? If thats the case im gone. I dont pve and cant stand raiding. pvp gear should be better than pve gear for warzones and pvping.