Swtor paladin = assassin ?

Tamernator

i dunno you but... most of the stuff I have read are actually buffs.... or maybe u dont know what a nerf is o.O?

Well they completely killed 23/0/18 and you can't peel effectively as deception anymore...

So..........

Grats to everyone who plays 31/0/10? that still doesn't mean this patch is good for our class.

Ok I actually play 31/0/10 :p but im curious... say ur a Deception how does this mean u cant peel off anymore/ or as good? Im just seen a buff to induction... meaning if u went full deception ull notice now u get super shocks from assassinate....

Most good hybrids high deception while still in dark charge, so we don't die in 2 seconds. This is no longer possible. Deception must play Surging now to get access to all the good abilities meaning they will get 2 hits in, stunned, and respawn.

I am amazed at this community's ability to look at multiple large buffs as overall nerfs and anything like the multiple radical restructures of the Paladin trees.

Tri-spec build: Dead, as it should have been, because it was a weak build anyway.

24/17/0: Dead, because 31/0/10 does the same thing better anyway as of 1.1.2.

23/0/18: Dead, but it was already a subpar spec after 1.1 as its middling burst and middling survivability were being outpaced by gear and the Slow Time/Wither buff.

0/18/23: The only halfway legitimate complaint because a well-geared and well-played Shadow might do less DPS switching to 3/7/31 after 1.1.2. The spec is still significantly improved for leveling Balance/Madness, and considerably more manageable to play than the Hybrid DPS build which was extremely taxing.

Edited by AstralFire

I'm a PvP primary player, actually, and this is actually where the buffs are most significant. It's the difference between having a fully charged Harnessed Shadows/Darkness in 10 seconds versus 15 and not having the stacks fade nearly as quickly, and the ability to actually play a DoT-based damage spec as Balance/Madness. Edited by AstralFire

and the ability to actually play a DoT-based damage spec as Balance/Madness.

That would be assuming this dot-based spec in question was any good to begin with. And I'm talking about the "full" build here. You're still not going to go to the top of the tree, you're still going for a more hybrid-based spec with it.

Grats to everyone who plays 31/0/10? that still doesn't mean this patch is good for our class.

Yeap, that's the spec I've been using, and come the patch I'll still be able to play my Sin. Guys I know who were playing other specs though, especially hybrids, are all rerolling as of last night. Some going PT, some going Jugg. Though I fear we're just the first.

That would be assuming this dot-based spec in question was any good to begin with. And I'm talking about the "full" build here. You're still not going to go to the top of the tree, you're still going for a more hybrid-based spec with it.

I can't say for certain the changes will be sufficient, but they were certainly necessary and it's obvious they are trying to make said DoT based spec more viable based on the 40% increase to its healing, shorter CD on its DoT, a damage increase, and making Mind Crush actually usable before you're a geared 50.

I cannot think of a 'hybrid' spec I would bother with for Balance/Madness (or any other Shadow tree) with the proposed 1.1.2 changes. Maybe 27/0/14 if you're really stubborn, but I think that's just self-gimping at this point.

Edited by AstralFire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.