DISRESPECTFUL Server Shutdown Times

DarkshaderX

Bioware. I am an extremely loyal player of your game, however you are pushing me to the point of subscription cancellation with the frequency of your illtimed server shut downs. I realize the importance and value of updates and corrections, but to shut down at Midnight on a West Coast server when everyone who actually WORKS during the day might be playing is just plain disrespectful.

This has happened far too many times for me to count, and now today, like you did last week on a FRIDAY, you are doing it for the second time in a week.

I work all day long, and come home to play a late night of this game to find this. You have ruined my night, and you are absolutely making me hate your company and your game for this specific issue alone.

Star Wars Galaxies had the decency to to it at 4am. Get your act together Bioware!!!!!

:mad:

Most of these threads aren't very constructive, since they're obviously done by people who don't realize others are in different timezones, and that business wise, there is always a priority location.

Having said that though, they do need to work on how they're handling this. Multiple downtimes throughout the week (almost weekly so far) when they know they could have done it during scheduled maint, is very bad practice in the long run.

These updates will continue in this fashion sadly, once the game is finally at a stable state, the updates will not take as long, and you won't have a several hour downtime every week, but as of now the bug list is HUGE so plan on this for awhile.

Having said that though, they do need to work on how they're handling this. Multiple downtimes throughout the week (almost weekly so far) when they know they could have done it during scheduled maint, is very bad practice in the long run.

They are fixing game altering bug that was introduced on the Tuesday patch. Please explain how they could have done this patch to fix the issues introduced in last patch?

Guess reading patch info might be a good idea... Just saying!

Bioware. I am an extremely loyal player of your game, however you are pushing me to the point of subscription cancellation with the frequency of your illtimed server shut downs. I realize the importance and value of updates and corrections, but to shut down at Midnight on a West Coast server when everyone who actually WORKS during the day might be playing is just plain disrespectful.

While I do, to a point, appreciate and understand where you are coming from it is not exactly primetime at that point. And its a maintenance that, for once, is'nt smack down in european primetime.

Personally, i'd say its an improvement, especially if they can keep it at very fast maintenance efforts like that one.

Also, since you work during the day, should'nt you... you know, sleep during the night on weekdays anyway?