Getting sick of these 2AM system shutdowns.

acelesson

I work until 12am CST, and like to play at night before it shuts down. Why arent these updates done at 4am-6am? Dont give me that crap that it interrupts with the Europeans...make them their own servers then. This is BS and it needs to be addressed!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work until 12am CST, and like to play at night before it shuts down. Why arent these updates done at 4am-6am? Dont give me that crap that it interrupts with the Europeans...make them their own servers then. This is BS and it needs to be addressed!

No matter what time they do maintenance it is gonna anger someone. Just gotta deal with it.

i AGREE 100%!!! I play on a west coast server that shuts down at midnight 2 times a week it seems...Keep it up BW and i SEE more west coast players leaving, why sub to a game that you cant play when you want to...

as for you 3am people, Ill join ya if the server is up :)

Edited by Tiggress

So what about those people who get home at 3am and want to play?

You made it clear you don't give a crap about others. So why should people give a crap about what you want? Hmm?

dude its 2 hours. sure its annoying but its to fix an urgent issue with freezing and the like. thats rather important imo.

Freezing? What the hell? Are they nerfing graphics next so people with 8 year old systems can play at 30FPS? Those guys need to stick to Xbox and leave the heavy hitters to the big boys!

Those shutdowns at 2am CST directly affect us Europeans. That's 8am GMT and they often last until 4PM GMT. Now on a workday that's bad enough but they did that to us last Saturday. So they certainly aren't arranging them to suit us as you claim.

Freezing? What the hell? Are they nerfing graphics next so people with 8 year old systems can play at 30FPS? Those guys need to stick to Xbox and leave the heavy hitters to the big boys!

I bet your internets are HUGE!

No matter what time they do maintenance it is gonna anger someone. Just gotta deal with it.

I get home at about 6 am pst, so I get the tail end of downtime often enough, every maintenance unless it ends early. Does it suck? Yeah. Does it have to happen sometime and make sense to do it during non peak hours. Yeah.

No point in crying over it, they aren't going to change it because you made a crybaby thread on the forums.

from the sticky about it

Hello,

Since the latest patch (1.1.1), we’ve been seeing reports about players dealing with hitching and freezing issues. As an effort to alleviate these issues for affected players, we will be performing maintenance tonight starting at 2AM CST, but we don’t expect it to go beyond two hours. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we hope that this will resolve these issues for those players affected by them. This is a server-side only update and will not require a download.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260693

I haven't had the freezing but hitching Ive had a couple times.

lol, thats actually how I see it too.. I see the shutdown in 15 and I say, ok ill do something useful, like pay bills....I guess now that you say that, it is maybe a good thing to force me to STOP playing EVERY night , EVERY day.... Edited by Tiggress

I get home at about 6 am pst, so I get the tail end of downtime often enough, every maintenance unless it ends early. Does it suck? Yeah. Does it have to happen sometime and make sense to do it during non peak hours. Yeah.

No point in crying over it, they aren't going to change it because you made a crybaby thread on the forums.

It does suck, I agree. I usually forget about it and gear up for a late night session only to get slapped down by maintenance. But hey... what can ya do?

They are scrambling in a desperate bid to save the game, and they do this by taking the servers offline to attempt sorely needed repairs.

The only way they are getting my subscription back ANY time soon is if they stop fumbling around in the dark and fix things that have been in the game since BETA.

If that means server maintenance, I'm all for it.

biowear has litterly no reason to shut down its servers for updates they run on a smart game engine (meaning they can go in and makes chages while people are playing) biowear can litterly go in and fix **** without any server shutdowns. i know this because im currenty useing the same engin to delelope my own small game for fun

They are scrambling in a desperate bid to save the game, and they do this by taking the servers offline to attempt sorely needed repairs.

The only way they are getting my subscription back ANY time soon is if they stop fumbling around in the dark and fix things that have been in the game since BETA.

If that means server maintenance, I'm all for it.

dude chill, they found a bug that needed urgent fix. and like any other MMO including the one that shall not be named they are taking measures to fix it.

also i love the contradictions in your post, first sentence is WAH taking down servers to fix bugs, next sentence you want you want them too fix bugs, and last sentence you say your happy with server maintenance.

pick an opinion please.

and i wont start with Toxsys's post because a small one server game is just so comparable to a huge mmo.

Edited by RecliningPanda

also i love the contradictions in your post, first sentence is WAH taking down servers to fix bugs, next sentence you want you want them too fix bugs, and last sentence you say your happy with server maintenance.

I didn't read that he was complaining about the downtime; I read it as an explanation as to why there is maintenance happening more frequently.

dude its 2 hours. sure its annoying but its to fix an urgent issue with freezing and the like. thats rather important imo.

Hi peeps - my first post here.

Anyway,

I see what you mean, and I also hate the constant QQ, but this patches ARE becoming a major problem and annoyance for me.

I bought the game just a tad more than a week ago, and there has been down-time on 3 of the last 7 days (if you include the coming one). THREE. Jeebus!

Unfortunately us playing from Australia / EU are getting shafted quite hard.

Should have bought a jug of Vaseline to lubricate my ahrse and alleviate the pain of getting it from the behind ;-)

Oh well - lets hope this does not become a regular SWtoR "feature"...

I posted a thread about this as well that they just closed down. Remember policy is to sweep complaints under the rug. Makes it easier to ignore them.

Here was my post:

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting annoyed with the patches of patches. Bringing down the servers every other night or so is getting extremely tedious.

It always cuts off the end of my play time before I go to bed. So two hours or not, I'm asleep before they come back up and then I have to get up and go into work the next day. And it is hitting other people even harder.

Tonight's patch will mark the THIRD time the servers have been brought down for maintenance in the past 5 days. That doesn't seem a bit excessive to you in the game's second month?

Seriously, get your act together or you're going to keep driving players away. And no amount of bribery with titles will get them to stay.

The constant downtime is getting excessive. We even have posts from BioWare reps now where they admit they are making mistakes communicating between their departments. Given the problems with their patches and their numerous mia culpas, things sound pretty disorganized over there.