Really?

Warpedpig

These forums are almost unbearable... This game is awesome.. All u see on the forums is "I'm quitting, this game will die in 6 months, the classes are broken, etc." I can barely stand to even visit them. Seriously I wonder if people are so spoiled from other games they think that every mmo dev team should bend to thier will. If they cave in to every aspect the forum game hatred want wouldn't this game be just like the mmos they left? Just different color paint I suppose...I just get sick and tired of the crying on these forums and to me it seems far worse than any other mmo I've played.. I've been playing mmos since the beginning of eq1. Yes I agree bugs should be fixed and there is some polish here and there to be added but overall this game is awesome and the possibilities are endless.. Thanks BW for making an awesome game and keep up the good work.

Can agree...whats more is..all these problems people are stating I have yet to come across in the actual game. Or if I have I never really noticed, and its not that big a deal...its not like they make the game unplayable if you can play it its working.

Very much this. Apart from some amusing graphical glitches and one game crash last week, I haven't had any issues at all.

Generally people feel like their opinion must be heard and they feel like they are the majority because a new mmo doesn't have as much content as one thats had 7 years to build onto. Just remember that on any forum, the most vocal people generally are in the minority.

Personally I don't see the point in making a thread to announce that you are quitting. What do you want to accomplish? You want to make a point? You want to make people follow you? It is a waste of space. You can tell your whole guild or circle of online friends about your quitting, but not the world because, as reality sucks, the vast majority of the world would not probably care because they will play the game whether or not you are there.

I tried to think of a food analogy, but I just ended up reminding myself how hungry I am.

So, in plainer terms, I think people expected a lot from the game and when it didn't meet those unreasonable expectations, they lashed out in self-entitled rage. Those of us who seem more reasonable are willing to let the game get the polish it needs (like I said in another thread, I think it could have used another couple of months in development, but thems the breaks.).

I agree - in many ways I think it has something to do with the popularity of the whole Star Wars lore. Fans wanted to be part of the Star Wars universe, and had perhaps dramatically high expectations. So even small flaws were thought to be intolerable...

On the whole, the game is simply outstanding.

On the other hand, I do appreciate the complainers - because they push the Bioware team to keep on top of things and improve even more.

Respectfully,

Sanjuro

Edited by KenshiroArashi

I love this game! It has so many things it can do. I hope they open up the suggestion box again so I can send Bioware ideas that I think would be great to expand with. I love the PvP, PvE is always fun. They just have so much they can do, I can't wait to see what this game adds on top of it all in 6 more months.

As for the whiners, my favorite are the PvP whiners. "Nerf Tracer Missile QQ"! Those Bounty Hunters are the best because all you have to do is interrupt one of those missiles and most of them don't what to do with that 4 second silence on that move and they stand there like idiots.

Edited by Strangiato

From what I've seen, many of these players who complain on these forums are the ones who do the same on the wow forums. As stated before, they are so used to complaining and then getting their way that they believe it can come over to here. I have to admit, it's not as good as WoW...... yet. I see amazing potential and I'm starting to drift away from WoW and fully start playing this wonderful game. I just hope these complainers will see the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.