Proof that sorcs are over powerd

iloveicarly

Hello my younglings I have overwhelming proof that the sith sorc is OP. Let me start by saying i made two characters, one republic(sage) and the other sith(sorc). I then rushed them both too level 10( minimum level pvp) and then i noticed something wrong. My sages little pebbles did 300 less damage then the siths lightning?????? Also my rock attack did 400 less damage then the siths lightning attack(which is instant and the rock takes one second or more to hit!!!!!!!!!! keep in mind all of the attacks are buffed for a lvl 10. The Sith Sorce seems to be doing 10-15% more damage on all of there instant attacks!

If you do not believe me then try it out for yourself make 2 chars (sage) (sorc) then compare pvp damage with no skill points touched or anything.

I do like this game and it obviously has alot of potential.

Tell me what you guys think, Do you think the sorc needs a nerf??????????

ps i know one in four people who play TOR are sith sorcs so this might bug alot of people and for that im sorry i just want some relief ty

Edited by iloveicarly

Hello my younglings I have overwhelming proof <snip> Insert==> Blah blah blah blah because I said so.

Please try to get something statistical, like a youtube vid, links to screenshots, anything. Anything at all to validate your post title of "Proof that....."

Thanks in advance.

1. chain lightning is NOT a lvl10 spell/ability/call it as you like, and what is 'lightning attack'? you couldnt even bother to learn the ability names

2. 2 different pvp warzones with different levels, exactly how do you test it? each had same lvl toons(enemies) equipped the same way with same skill point distribution? yeah right

ability delay/'pebbles hitting later' aside, the rest is just nonsense.

I think one of the major flaws is the lack of description used to describe the test.

The easiest test would be to have 2 level 10s (one sage, one sorc), naked, unbuffed, and attacking the same mob. Their stats should be the same and ability rank would be the same (not getting into the "level to acquire" arguments).

Hello my younglings I have overwhelming proof that the sith sorc is OP. Let me start by saying i made two characters, one republic(sage) and the other sith(sorc). I then rushed them both too level 10( minimum level pvp) and then i noticed something wrong. My sages little pebbles did 300 less damage then the siths lightning?????? Also my rock attack did 400 less damage then the siths lightning attack(which is instant and the rock takes one second or more to hit!!!!!!!!!! keep in mind all of the attacks are buffed for a lvl 10. The Sith Sorce seems to be doing 10-15% more damage on all of there instant attacks!

If you do not believe me then try it out for yourself make 2 chars (sage) (sorc) then compare pvp damage with no skill points touched or anything.

I do like this game and it obviously has alot of potential.

Tell me what you guys think, Do you think the sorc needs a nerf??????????

ps i know one in four people who play TOR are sith sorcs so this might bug alot of people and for that im sorry i just want some relief ty

Hi! A few thoughts:

* This isn't a RP forum. Don't condescend to everyone, or you will mostly just annoy people. Calling us "padawans" and "younglings" is condescending. Odds are that I'm old enough to be your father. ;)

* You're comparing apples to oranges. No, really, you are. The damage you do is going to based on a lot of variables that you didn't even attempt to control for, e.g. your gear, the gear of the people you're attacking, defensive skills used by the people you're attacking, etc. For this to be meaningful, you'd need to have those chars outfitted IDENTICALLY (in terms of stats), and your targets would need to be identical. This kind of testing is entirely anecdotal and thus useless for balance purposes.

I think one of the major flaws is the lack of description used to describe the test.

The easiest test would be to have 2 level 10s (one sage, one sorc), naked, unbuffed, and attacking the same mob. Their stats should be the same and ability rank would be the same (not getting into the "level to acquire" arguments).

thats what i did

Damage really isnt the reason sorcerors/sages are considered overpowered at the moment, in fact both classes have horrid damage at level 50 compared to any other damage-dealing AC. You cannot base a class' true damage output on what the pvp scoreboards show, because those scoreboards dont take survivability into account.

The real issue with sages and sorcerors right now is the fact that, given proper levels of expertise, they can keep a static barrier/shield up on themselves indefinitely, and by the time you burn through it they can re-cast it again. That amount of survivability (especially when combined with healing and force speed) allows them to stay alive longer, thus dealing more damage compared to other classes that die more often.

The issue is that you cant simply nerf static barrier, because sorcerors are entirely reliant on it for soloing purposes. An alternate solution needs to be found - I would propose that static barrier (and the sage's equivalent) both shield 30% less damage in pvp, just like heals take a reduction in pvp. Either that, or in pvp static barrier should put a longer debuff on the target, so that target cannot be shielded as often (you should still be able to shield every 20 seconds in pve/soloing, but in pvp situations the shield prevention debuff should last 30-40 seconds).

Those changes would fix the problem, rather than destroying the class in both pvp and pve as so many here are suggesting.

The real issue with sages and sorcerors right now is the fact that, given proper levels of expertise, they can keep a static barrier/shield up on themselves indefinitely, and by the time you burn through it they can re-cast it again.

It takes you 20 seconds to do 3-4k damage?

It takes you 20 seconds to do 3-4k damage?

Taking into account kiting, stuns, crowd control, so on and so forth, yes - sometimes it can, especially for tank classes.

But even if you manage to do that much damage in 10 seconds, that gives you 10 seconds to do damage that actually hits the sorceror, who still has plenty of control abilities remaining, and can heal off any damage you do manage to deal after the next shield.

When those sorcs have 18k health at 50, the amount you're actually dishing out will seem negligible, and more than easy enough for the enemy to recover via heals.