SWTOR End Game (Question not a "I quit" thread)

Gomuningen

I see many posts on the forums by people claiming "Nothing to do at end game". I was under the impression that there were several raids and many 4 man dungeons. Also PVP with warzones and Illum, which i hear is broken.

Sounds to me there are things to do, yet people keep saying nothing to do. I ask this as I am nearing 50 on my BH. I am hoping to hear from both side of the players base. "Haters" and "Fanboys".

Please share your thoughts.

I see many posts on the forums by people claiming "Nothing to do at end game". I was under the impression that there were several raids and many 4 man dungeons. Also PVP with warzones and Illum, which i hear is broken.

Sounds to me there are things to do, yet people keep saying nothing to do. I ask this as I am nearing 50 on my BH. I am hoping to hear from both side of the players base. "Haters" and "Fanboys".

Please share your thoughts.

There are things to 'do' - technically.

It really comes down to how often you want to do them over and over. I personally have a very low tolerance for repetition. So dailies on Ilum/Belsavis, Space Combat and PvP matches are all monotonous to me.

Flashpoints and Ops are certainly available and can be repeated over and over - in a Hard Mode setting as well at 50. That is the only portion of the end-game that I consider to be worthwhile (in my opinion) because you can mix it up regularly BUT clearly you require other people for it.

cus sitting in Fleet chat spamming "LFG HM'S not BT DPS" for 6 hours and gettign 2 dungeons done is not repetitive....

I was fearing something like that.

I guess the posts "NO END GAME" are just come from player frustration as there is no magic button to queue up for dungeon runs.

I am hoping to hear more opinions...

So far I see no difference from any other MMO on the market for end game.

Yes.

That was what I was typing up. It's pretty much like every other MMO endgame. If you like doing that kind of stuff, you'll like this endgame. If not? Well. It's either alt time, or time to hang up your hat.

MMO endgame isn't for everyone and I don't think anyone would blame you if you didn't like it, fanboy or hater.

To respond above:

Endgame

- High Level PvP (50)

- High Level Flashpoints (Instances) including Hardmodes

- Operations (8-16 Main Raids)

Pretty much what you'd expect. If you like repeating the content, killing the bosses, getting the gear..You're set. If you like killing people in PvP..you're set. If you don't like that kind of thing.....*Shrug*

Edited by Failstar

What's the question exactly? Seems like you've drawn your own conclusions about what is in the game already.

There are 2 raid instances. One, EV, is still bug-ridden on two encounters. The mechanics from normal mode, to HM, to nightmare are pretty much identical.

HM FPs can honestly be skipped entirely because normal EV is so easy and showers you in loot. Let's say you like running dungeons though (which I normally do) there's just not much reason to do them. There aren't achievements or anything to shoot for so once you're done with the gear that's it.

I don't do level 50 PvP so I can't say too much about it. I do know the bags screw people over frequently though. Much like crafting getting rewarded for your effort really comes down to the RNG. Illum...well you can look on youtube to see how that is.

Personally, I feel like there is a lot to do in this game.

Sure, it gets frsutrating for many reasons.

-bugs

-repitition

-broken elements

For one,

Ilum/Belsavis dailies (apparently space missions now give daily comms too)

GREAT REWARDS

Rakata implants and earpieces - awesome

level 49 mods (+mods from heroics) - awesome for fresh 50's

mounts - pretty ****in cool

there are other rewards i think, not on my radar

**an above poster said dailies was too repetitious for his taste. i can respect that. w/e. Some other non-repetitious element would be dope, not gamebreaking FOR ME.

For two,

4 man hard modes

again, good incentive.

Can start to work on Columi set (T2) while replacing previous gear with T1 equivalents.

4 mans are EZ, and only require 4 people. no excuse.

(/who to create a good party make-up) sorry it's not easier right now

For threes,

8 man normal, hard, nightmare raids

OH AND 16 man normal, hard nightmare raids

There are bugs, but the content has been cleared.

8 man normal is being pugged right now

If you can't find a group who is willing to work together, stick to the 4 mans, sorry.

The instances are buggy, but it's really not a big deal if everybody wants to work through it. If you get bugged, try something new. A percentage of whines and complaints about bugs can easily be avoided (i would even argue some of them are mechanics)

PVP - Ilum

Ilum is pretty broken. There is no dodging that bullet.

So bite it, and fight through the pain IF that is what you want.

It's something to do, and gives rewards sooooooooo.... yah. still sucks, but "somethign" to do

PVP - Warzones

I group with 3 others on Republic and we wipe the floor with the Sith.

easily over 90% win history with a group.

So if you dont have a good group, and you can't find anythign to do end-game.

Make some friends, and play together.

I have a lot of fun in warzones, get commendations and it's totally worth it.

And I still have a lot of pvp to do.

Overall, I have improvements and work to do in each of these sections.

I have more than enough to do in this game.

Not speaking for others because well, only you can decide what is game-breaking

Edited by manrae

In my opinion, the game, in its current state, is not suffering from lack of edgame-content but from a lack of depth, dynamism and possibilities. This is a huge problem on a subscription based game where you should focus on fidelity and long term goals (win-win deal for both customers and designers).

Some brief ideas related to in-game shortages that come to my mind:

- Lack of general RPG options.

- Lack of proper character/vessel/environment customization.

- Lack of lore immersion due to grind-for-combat-gear sole objectives, on tracks quests.

- Lack of competitive crafting (i mean a crafting model where you look for particular players, capable of crafting competitive and very specific items which cannot be found or exceeded by any NPC vendor).

- Lack of "realistic" exploration (with factors like fatigue, thirst, food, supplies).

- Lack of actions and questing based on player's decisions (every task is given by a quest hub which, as the quest itself, is marked on the map, which consequently results in a constrained "on tracks" experience).

- Lack of "secret and mystery factor" besides looking for world bosses and datacrons (this is related to the previous point, eg: you are exploring and suddenly you meet a mysterious character who tells you there maybe some "secret" in an indeterminate area of the map; you then talk to your friends and prepare an expedition without having a precise idea of what and where you are looking for. In the game's current state everything is too chewed up a/o marked on the map, besides the limiting factor that every item you find is combat related...).

- Lack of a proper and immersive PvP due to lack of strategical victory conditions and events that matter the actual players. No sense of true implcation, achievement or loss. Currently, the only thing that actually matter is getting better combat gear, that's all.

...(we could keep on...).

A game that essentially is a cooperative multiplayer action game (on a subscription basis) whose fudamental goal is to get better gear through grinding doesn't provide a sustainable business model

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame the game. On the contrary, I think the game has the potential to become a masterpiece and I want it to succeed and to keep playing and paying for at least 2 years to come. Hope the designers step in the right direction. I'll continue playing and paying, I'm going to give them "the benefit of the doubt", but if on the medium-term I still don't find value proposal, I'll start looking for alternatives (which would be a pity, because I love the Star Wars lore and find current fantasy lore MMORPG quite childish and cartoonish).