[Access] Should I call in sick?

jtype_sw

Greetings Community,

I preordered on 12/9/11, and I was wondering if I will be able to get in today.

I need to know whether or not to call in sick to work. ( I work as an educator, so a sub will most likely be called in today and there will not be a problem)

If any mods can assist me, I would most greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

J

I think probably not. I'd plan on being sick TOMORROW!!!!! The dev posts suggested late november was getting in today.

Either that or you hate your job. Lots of us do it. Plus in many salary positions sick days are treated as use it or lose it, so why not?

I'm of the firm belief that everyone hates their job, those that claim they don't are just really good at lying to themselves.

Let's be honest, who would get up and go to do **** for someone else if they didn't have to?

All those "strong work ethic" people just appear to have been brainwashed by their father, who in turn was brainwashed by his father and so on and so forth so they can slug it out in a factory for 40 years without putting a gun in their mouth.

Greetings Community,

I preordered on 12/9/11, and I was wondering if I will be able to get in today.

I need to know whether or not to call in sick to work. ( I work as an educator, so a sub will most likely be called in today and there will not be a problem)

If any mods can assist me, I would most greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

J

No dont do it u will be mad we prob get in tommarow i doubt they will wave us in today

no today is when you set up your call out for tomorrow. Start "acting" just a little sick today but just a little and dont over do it.

Ok good point. I'll set myself up to be sick for tomorrow.

Well I'm off then. I'll just surf these forums and check my email during Gettysburg.

Wish me luck!

Edited by jtype_sw

This is great stuff, really great stuff!

Honestly though, you should give Gettysburg its due!!! The battle that largely ended the American Civil War and you are on the forums...sigh...:mad:

Edited by mfrags

This is great stuff, really great stuff!

Honestly though, you should give Gettysburg its due!!! The battle that largely ended the American Civil War and you are on the forums...sigh...:mad:

To be fair, the movie is like 4 hours long and he probably watches it every year since 1994 or whenever it came out on video, or whenever he started teaching the class. Edited by -Night-

Whenever or not he takes the day off to have a possibility to play the game is his (her) own problem. He (she) is an adult, and I'm sure hes (shes) well aware of the concequences (if any). Personally, I wouldn't take the day off, but thats just ME. Edited by Guaza

I have the great fortune of having a sick boss ( I think he plays SW as well and is bsing). I also brought my laptop into the office for no reason. These two factors, coupled with the fact that Thursdays are usually slow days, will make for great play time.

The morale of the story is to stay in school so you can work at a job that is full of pasty pale people that won't bother the big, bald-headed dude at his desk.

There's really a couple important factors we need to know in order to help with this decision. What grade do you teach? A room full of 6 year old brats vs. TOR...gotta go with TOR. A room full of 10 year old brats vs. TOR...TOR. A room full of 14 year old brats vs. TOR... TOR. A room full of 16...I think we've got this figured out. Class dismissed.

There's really a couple important factors we need to know in order to help with this decision. What grade do you teach? A room full of 6 year old brats vs. TOR...gotta go with TOR. A room full of 10 year old brats vs. TOR...TOR. A room full of 14 year old brats vs. TOR... TOR. A room full of 16...I think we've got this figured out. Class dismissed.

Hello! I am settled in my classroom now and the movie is playing.

I teach 6th grade US History.