How do i shut off elara's auto attacks?

IUEyedoc

I am level 24 and just got her and am underwhelmed by the healing she is giving me. seems like she spends more time fighting and less time healing. I saw on here where some posters said to disable her fighting skills to ensure she does max healing. I don't understand how to do it. Can someone explain to me how to do it. I love the trooper and want to maximize my experience.

I know you only see 4 skills in their skill bar unless hit the plus sign. Then it puts other skills in my second row of skills. So how do I disable her dps skills?

Yeah. And many of us find that her healing gets much better as you level. I find her indispensable.

The key, as is true of ALL companions, is to progress her gear at the same pace as your own. Don't expect level 37 heals when she is in level 27 gear, for example.

Thanks again. I have eight toons four on each side and have finally found one that I want to take to 50. My highest is a jedi sentinel at level 31 but have been underwhelmed with that class. I am loving the Vanguard shield tech tree.

the most important things to do are:

1.) keep her blaster pistol up to date. give her an upgrade same as you when you buy your gun. (give her your old armor or quest turn in is fine). although, I buy myself a purple barrel every odd level but don't for her.

2.) put her in heal stance.

3.) occasionally turn off her channeled cyro stun. she can't heal while channeling. (if you want to use this ability make sure to cast it for her).

and

4.) get annoyed repeatedly when she loses all your settings.

Edited by ururururu

Keep in mind that Elara's heals are on cooldowns, so you may not see much additional healing for taking away her damage options.

Yea, there isn't actually much point in shutting off her two special attacks, she doesn't have enough healing abilities to fill all her GCD's either way.

Just turn off her Carbonized Stream CC thing, that is easily the biggest offender in terms of eating away healing time.

I find her cc abilty quite valuable, I keep that on all the time, actually, I keep everything on for her and having no isues. Granted, we are both in orange moddable gear included weapons, and blue equipment for all other slots. I will upgrade the mods every level and the implants/earpices frequently also.

I went cybertech specifically for the mods, and my other toons can make all the other slots.

Sidenote, DON'T dress Elara in commando medic gear. Her heals are all instant so alacrity is a wasted stat. It's hard crafting stuff for her as armormech as everything seems to have accuracy or alacrity on it, both being useless stats for her.