Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I love the game, but seriously, $300,000,000?

BOLTgamer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

0/10. Just like your other post attempts to rubbish this game or rip on Bioware for no good reason. Not even a good Troll. :rod_tongue_p:

I'm not ripping on BioWare, im being honest, unlike you.

1. There is FPS issues on high end machines

2. Hero engine sucks

3. This game is great but nowhere near 300million

Im not trolling im just telling da truth

2. Hero engine sucks

It was not 300m for this game. Christ on a crutch.

Think of it like this:

How much does one programmer get paid per year in salary? Now, multiply this amount by... I think it was something like 5 years? And that's one person - not counting all the people who do animations, texturing, voiceovers, localizations, voiceovers in those different languages (yes, they have more than just English VOs,) promotion stuff, tie-ins, licensing fees, probably a consulting fee for someone somewhere along the line, production and distribution, etc. and you can see that the costs can skyrocket.

If you think it's not worth the amount of money they're asking for it, then do not play it.

I think the voice acting was a waste to the extent that it is done. I say it would have been fine to go with just FPs and class quests with full voice acting.

Yeah, what BioWare should've done is said F the side quest. Just have leveling done through Main story quest, a couple group quest on a planet, and flashpoints.

I have several valid sources informing me that the budget for this game was not, in fact, 200M$. It was in fact, much higher...

It was OVER $9000M!

those same sources probably state the tooth fairy is real also, or that the world is ending on this specific date.

2. Hero engine sucks

1) I have a mid range machine, and no issues at all

2) why does it suck? Because some people say it sucks? Again don't have any engine related issues on my end. Maybe its your trs-80?

3) good thing it didnt cost 300 million then huh?

Think of it like this:

How much does one programmer get paid per year in salary? Now, multiply this amount by... I think it was something like 5 years? And that's one person - not counting all the people who do animations, texturing, voiceovers, localizations, voiceovers in those different languages (yes, they have more than just English VOs,) promotion stuff, tie-ins, licensing fees, probably a consulting fee for someone somewhere along the line, production and distribution, etc. and you can see that the costs can skyrocket.

If you think it's not worth the amount of money they're asking for it, then do not play it.

GW2 cost $40dollars, am I saying it's better? No, but it looks and plays more smooth and is more polished. I believe it's a good game, but I've never seen a true AAA games spent above 100 million.

GW2 cost $40dollars, am I saying it's better? No, but it looks and plays more smooth and is more polished. I believe it's a good game, but I've never seen a true AAA games spent above 100 million.

GW2 is released? I am betting the GW2 devs are amazed by this.

I find it odd how the price tag in the last month has gone from $80 million to $100 million, $125M, $150M, $200M and now $300M.

If price tag keeps escalating at this rate Bioware would have been better off building a real Death Star and extorting the entire planet for all it's money.

Its never was, It was estimated at 150 mil, then confirmed at 200mil.

2) why does it suck? Because some people say it sucks? Again don't have any engine related issues on my end. Maybe its your trs-80?

You're obviously trolling. I'm able to run it with max settings at 128x48 (well, except for anti-aliasing, which doesn't seem to actually work) on my Model I.

It does take 378 cassette swaps to get through a loading screen, though.

1) I have a mid range machine, and no issues at all

3) good thing it didnt cost 300 million then huh?

You're so Ignorant.

1. My machine plays any game 90 plus FPS, does everyone have FPS issues? No, issues in general never affect everyone playing.

2. Obviously you don't know. The hero engine is a engine that can be publicly used by anyone and is mostly for INDIE developers. The game lacks a lot of features and is from 2005

3. If it cost anything above 200million, I think BioWare could've done better. they could've payed the VO's less.

200m / 5 years = 40m/year

40m / $40/hr = 1000000 hours

1000000 hr / 2080 hrs a year/person ~= 481 people working on it per year

Despite the result and the pay rate might be off, number of people, etc... but sounds about right

Edited by Nikkiree

GW2 is released? I am betting the GW2 devs are amazed by this.

No, but it is in beta state, and is gonna be release later this year, all that is left is polishing out, all the funds are spent, does that mean they're still developing? Yes, but they've spent all they need for resources.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.