What does the 1-49 bracket teach us about PVP gear?

Torleen

I love this post. Its the truth. If you werent 50 for at least a week before they changed the WZ system around you are now fighting and extremely uphill battle in WZs. Getting hit for 4k and barely hitting over 1k crits.

Gear should be important, to give an edge in a battle of equals (skillwise). But it should not be the defining factor in why you win a fight. The expertise stat should be removed.

A higher progression of normal stats on armor should be introduced instead, more armor factor, and main stats. So a BM should have 5k more hp and hit slightly harder, and take slightly less damage, and those can be debuffed. The biggest factor in higher valor players should be that their armor gives more hp. Not that they take a lot less damage and push out extremely more. Expertise is the way of failure for pvp.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hit 50 on my new main 2 weeks ago. For about a week I took my lumps pretty good. Everyone takes their lumps when the majority of the server's PvP population has been 50 for weeks/a month by the time you hit max level. It's the nature of MMO PvP.

Most of the people that were smoking me when I was a fresh 50, are now being scraped off the bottom of my boots. /shrug

Edited by Sevvy

claimable keeps and towers that you can display your guild heraldry from.

money. PvP kills should always be worth good money.

titles

you get the picture.

I liked the claiming of keeps and stuff in WAR as well as the heraldry. The guild award system was ok,not perfect but they had something. Fighting for the keeps amd fortresses gave players something to fight for... Eventually it just turned into flipping them all for massive amounts of reknown.

Edited by Yvin
removed quote + reply

If Expertise is removed, raiding gear will become the pinnacle of PvP gear. I'm fine with that if everyone else is.

I'm ok with it... I lose 12% damage, damage reduction and healing, but instead get a 67% damage boost every 9 out of 10 hits, higher armour value and more HP... LOL I'm more than happy running around in my Rakata kit

THANK YOU CRIT BOOST!

Edited by Tyranoc

Having gear matter in pvp is honestly the dumbest thing about MMO pvp.

When you can win a fight before a shot is launched just because you outgear somone does not make a good game.

The problem is, how do you get people to pvp if gear doesn't matter and they don't have that carrot on a stick?

So many of you are so blind. So remove PVP gear and make it equal right? Wrong! Now PvE rakata gear becomes the best and people that don't want to grind 8/16 man HM ops will have no chance so should we remove this also?

If you are going to take this route then all gear needs to be removed or there will always be leverage.

Yeah, I'd rather pay $15 a month to 'work'.

If you're in a competitive environment... that's what's going to happen anyways. You have to learn how to play effectively which people are too lazy, ignorant, and ADHD to take care of. So they will quit as soon as you take that crutch away.

If you're in a competitive environment... that's what's going to happen anyways. You have to learn how to play effectively which people are too lazy, ignorant, and ADHD to take care of. So they will quit as soon as you take that crutch away.

They will quit after their noob tears and cries go unheard. Main reason for their QQ'ing is because they can't win due to "gear" or everyone "hacks" so they dont have a chance in pvp.

Its everyone else an cant possibly be the fact they just can't play.

Progression <> Power.

Guild Wars PvP awarded progression with ranking (/rank tiger!), rating, cosmetic upgrades, and other things that let you show you were more skilled than other players.

Nothing that says you had better gear.

They will quit after their noob tears and cries go unheard. Main reason for their QQ'ing is because they can't win due to "gear" or everyone "hacks" so they dont have a chance in pvp.

Its everyone else an cant possibly be the fact they just can't play.

It's pretty obvious when you go to the 50 tier. If you're so blind to not see that I'm guessing you're the same folks that walked on the backs of level 10s pre-patch to get your ranks and gear and think that was them just being bad also.

Once you enter a warzone, you have a choice to choose from 2 or 3 sets of gear.

Each set can compliment the tree of your class, so you do your choosing.

Each mirrored class has their unique gear. More fair for both factions.

Now wouldn't that be a wonderful gameplay.

That procedure will prove which team is better, fair play.

Then the peeps who thinks they're so godly and cool, will meet "many" skillful players.

What's there to fear?

Edited by Krondorf

Once you enter a warzone, you have a choice to choose from 2 or 3 sets of gear.

Each set can compliment the tree of your class, so you do your choosing.

Each mirrored class has their unique gear. More fair for both factions.

Now wouldn't that be a wonderful gameplay.

That procedure will prove which team is better, fair play.

Then the peeps who thinks they're so godly and cool, will meet "many" skillful players.

What's there to fear?

What is there to fear? Me of course...

So you are proposing sets that compliment our trees... So for carnage a set that compliments our 4.5k aoe hits? Or a set that further improves the amount of healing Annihilation receives when they put DoTs on you?... As a pure DPS class such sets could cause havoc. And invoke more crying by certain noobs that I would point out, but fear of being drowned in more tear.

It's pretty obvious when you go to the 50 tier. If you're so blind to not see that I'm guessing you're the same folks that walked on the backs of level 10s pre-patch to get your ranks and gear and think that was them just being bad also.

I was the inbetween. I took part in 10-50 bracket but was not geared at the time. I got my gear when the 50 bracket started up and now am 2 pieces off full champ... Though have complete sent about 2 times over.

Yes it was hard. Yes geared up BM 50's hurt. But you know what? I kept fighting and guess what?!?!? Now I have gear as well.

You people whinge and cry because others have something you dont. You have to earn things, not just have them handed to you.

I love it how anyone that has better things than you in game you automatically assume they cheated or had it easy. They couldnt possibly know what you are going through or had to deal with what you have to deal with.

I crown you the new supreme ruler of noob-dom. You and the other great rulers of the great lands of cry baby can start your own council where you can plot, scheme, conspire and cry on each others shoulders over people who have it "easy". As us normal folk just wouldnt understand...

I was the inbetween. I took part in 10-50 bracket but was not geared at the time. I got my gear when the 50 bracket started up and now am 2 pieces off full champ... Though have complete sent about 2 times over.

Yes it was hard. Yes geared up BM 50's hurt. But you know what? I kept fighting and guess what?!?!? Now I have gear as well.

You people whinge and cry because others have something you dont. You have to earn things, not just have them handed to you.

I love it how anyone that has better things than you in game you automatically assume they cheated or had it easy. They couldnt possibly know what you are going through or had to deal with what you have to deal with.

I crown you the new supreme ruler of noob-dom. You and the other great rulers of the great lands of cry baby can start your own council where you can plot, scheme, conspire and cry on each others shoulders over people who have it "easy". As us normal folk just wouldnt understand...

Exactly, the people who are crying about gear here are the same people who join a BF or CS server and say everyone who head shots them is using an aimbot.

What is there to fear? Me of course...

So you are proposing sets that compliment our trees... So for carnage a set that compliments our 4.5k aoe hits? Or a set that further improves the amount of healing Annihilation receives when they put DoTs on you?... As a pure DPS class such sets could cause havoc. And invoke more crying by certain noobs that I would point out, but fear of being drowned in more tear.

Hahaha, you are entertaining to me.

I think you are scared. Scared of change, scared of being outplayed because you and a bunch of other first 50's had it too easy.

And you know it!

Exactly, the people who are crying about gear here are the same people who join a BF or CS server and say everyone who head shots them is using an aimbot.

I like your style. Can we be friends? Or can I at least subscribe to your newsletter?

People who lose can't stand to look at themselves and realise they lost due to either luck, or due to something they lack/inability to perform. Instead they scream and insist its in fact not them, its everyone else who is cheating, blah blah blah...

Its called denial. Alcoholics dont believe they have a problem. Junkies dont believe they have a problem. Mentally unstable people dont believe they have a problem. They are all ok. Its EVERYONE ELSE who has the problem.

I think you are scared. Scared of change, scared of being outplayed because you and a bunch of other first 50's had it too easy.

And you know it!

You entertain me as well. I noticed your posts got deleted. Obviously BW paid attention to your cries... And silenced them

I dont care about change. Give everyone BM gear. People like me will just find something else that then gives us the advantage and starts the noobish tear waterworks.

Its simple evolution. You have something that makes you better than the rest and therefore improves your ability to perform an survive. Survival of the fittest.

If you are not one of the survivors then obviously you are evolutionary/genetically weaker and will be killed/die off.

Someone is ALWAYS going to be bigger, badder, meaner, stronger and better than you. Whinging, crying and screaming, "I WANT I WANT I WANT! ITS NOT FAIR!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" to try and bring yourself up to par with them is never going to get you anywhere. As they will simply out do you again and again and AGAIN.

The vicious cycle of noob-dom.

So if I hammer you in PvP without gear can I keep my gear system? There's a simple solution to this, however it would probably take more time to implement and balance than the current system. Have a gear based PvP system, and a non-gear based PvP system. Like Geared warzones and leveled warzones. I'll stick to the geared warzones even though I'm 4/46 in Champion Bags because of the absurdly terrible pvp gear system. Just be glad the system is the way it is currently. Because those "no-lifers" who you so vehemently hate, they ALL would be killing you instead of just a handful.

This game has a long ways to go, and they have far greater problems than catering to the I can't play as much crowd. They really have no excuses for a lot of the issues that they have, MMOs are prevalent enough, and most successful ones have been around long enough for Bioware to not **** up in a lot of areas they are currently *********** up in. But hey what do I know, I've only been playing MMOs for the better part of a decade.

Oh I'm sorry, you thought this was an FPS game. See in MMO's there is this thing called progression. I know this is a foreign concept to you but it is what every WOW-Clone is based on.

There fixed it for ya. And no not all MMOs have gear based PvP get your facts right. WoW-Clones do and this is a wow clone.

I like your style. Can we be friends? Or can I at least subscribe to your newsletter?

People who lose can't stand to look at themselves and realise they lost due to either luck, or due to something they lack/inability to perform. Instead they scream and insist its in fact not them, its everyone else who is cheating, blah blah blah...

Its called denial. Alcoholics dont believe they have a problem. Junkies dont believe they have a problem. Mentally unstable people dont believe they have a problem. They are all ok. Its EVERYONE ELSE who has the problem.

You entertain me as well. I noticed your posts got deleted. Obviously BW paid attention to your cries... And silenced them

I dont care about change. Give everyone BM gear. People like me will just find something else that then gives us the advantage and starts the noobish tear waterworks.

Its simple evolution. You have something that makes you better than the rest and therefore improves your ability to perform an survive. Survival of the fittest.

If you are not one of the survivors then obviously you are evolutionary/genetically weaker and will be killed/die off.

Someone is ALWAYS going to be bigger, badder, meaner, stronger and better than you. Whinging, crying and screaming, "I WANT I WANT I WANT! ITS NOT FAIR!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!" to try and bring yourself up to par with them is never going to get you anywhere. As they will simply out do you again and again and AGAIN.

The vicious cycle of noob-dom.

Yeah it's a shame that my posts got deleted, youre also forgetting yours also got deleted.

Plus if it makes you look bigger to point that out, then at least it makes you happy yeah?

Also now you are saying you don't care about change? It sure doesn't seem like that from all your posts. Sounds like you're being a hypocrite. I wonder what exactly you are defending then? Or perhaps you enjoy to pick on forum peeps, just

like the way you do to fresh 50's and previous low lvl peeps in warzones.

You havnt done the hard yard, so what you say is irrelevant to me.

Edited by Krondorf

Every single victory in PVP you have because you were doing more damage or taking less damage then your opponent was handed to you. If you were as good as you say you are you would not need the advantage.

And that's the point. We support a game where you have to practice to get better. You support a game where your team gets to start on the 50 yard line, and your opponent starts on the 100. Then you go on acting like you are somehow "better" when you win.

And you know it!

Well he admitted he would just try to find some other exploit. Yet he seems to be silly enough to tell us that we are the ones who feel entitled. It's so ridiculous to see some of these people try to make it look like they are "hardcore" for needing training wheels.

It's totally different on my server, most of the people with any pvp skill have stayed in the 50s bracket, creating a pretty balanced pool of warzone players on both sides, the 10-49 bracket has gotten worse as I think most of the less able players have stayed there.

Yeah, I'd rather pay $15 a month to 'work'.

I don't mind "work" but it should be work towards perfecting a skill. I was in the top five at one point on my SWG server. I did not get there by gear, I got there by spending time with the best duelists and PVPers on my server learning from them, praticing my timing and perfecting my play style and build. THAT kind of work is enjoyable.

Forcing us to be the footstools for the people lucky enough to of ground out gear is not enjoyable.

I have no desire to be handed anything. But the system they created hands the victories to people who don't want to actually develop real pvp skills. They want to grind and then pretend they are "good" at something when they see their names on a scoreboard. Because clearly they have achieved something when they killed people who had absolutely no chance against them.

The funny thing is, the victories you get when gear is not a factor are so much sweeter. And the fights you have to fight in order to get those victories are a hundred times more exciting.

You should just play guildwars.The developers of that game (Anet) keep PvP on a even plaing field where skill is the determining factor of victory, It's by far the best PvP in a mmo i have played.

For some reason not many ppl play this free to play MMO, probably becouse when they lose they have nothing to blame but themselves.

The game looks pretty good too.

The developers said they wanted an E-sport worthy experience with PVP.

If that is what they want, they are going to have to develop this game in a direction that puts more emphasis on skill. This is why WoW was removed from the lists of competitive game play. Gear was too much of a factor and being good at PVP in WoW could just as easily mean having no life.