Best MMO PvP you ever played?

Lazyllama

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rift hands down for me. the open world on my server was amazing.

Fighting off hordes of PvE mobs coming to your city is exciting, but that and Guardian Players trying to kill you too is amazing. Just an amazing system for players to have fun... unfortunately some balance issues brought me too this game. I tihnk I might go back soon though.

I second the guy who said Ragnarok Online. It was a really bad game (grind wise swtor is much much much better) but the pvp aspect of Ragnarok Online was awesome. No FOM or OP classes, all had their uses and the pvp worked like a charm. Skill weighed heavily in outcomes rather than gear Edited by Penang

Lineage2 for me as well. I didn't play DAOC but it sounds similar.

Giant castle sieges with siege weapons. Guilds and alliances working together to defend or attack. Lineage 2 sieges were at set times so basically the whole server showed up and went at it.

Early WoW (but only for open world PvP as they didn't have anything at first). Early Warhammer.

I'd probably say UO as well but never played. Started in 1999 with EQ.

Funny how my top two are both in the early days and got messed up as time went on.

My main problem with this game's pvp is there really isn't any open world stuff. No real reason to compete except to get better gear. No pvp raids on towns or anything. The mechanics are good but its basically pve-pvp if that makes sense.

I'd like to see this game eventually get PvP to something similar to star wars battlefront. That is...mannable machines and turrets. The ability to have troops spawn and customize. etc

I don't think it would count as an MMO but.... I Love PVPing in League of Legends... Its just so friggin fun.

I can literally PVP in that game for 3 hours or more and not get tired of it. In SWTOR after 1.5 to 2 hours of pvp I need to take a full day's rest before I do another WZ.

I think it would be awesome if this game had a version of "Summoner's Rift" in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.