Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot to like about SWTOR- especially in regards to the story, npcs that you actually care about, etc...

But there are lots of "small" convenience features missing from the game that players have grown accustomed to over the years that equate to a lot of headache.

Ultimately these missing features will have an impact on a player's decision to stay or go.

im UNDECIDED.

I like some things of it, dont like other things of it (im at lvl 3x)

I like the story line and quests of my character

I like most of the questing although after a while of playing i find it starts to bother me when the npc keep talking so much about the quest they are gonna give me and that it doesnt matter what i chose in the dialog aside from getting -1 or +15 for my companion affection.

I like that each class after deciding the specification (like sage or shadow) i still have 2 totally new skill trees (besides the shared one)

I like sending crew members to do missions but...

I dont like the randomness of crew mission. I need this purple underworld metal and i keep sending my companions to retrieve it but they fail to bring it and bring some blue ****** metal that i dont need.

and i dont like the waiting time for a mission to finish, they keep getting longer and longer

anyway.... big wall of text

Its a Undecided vote, although like almost any other mmorpg, they tend to get better instead of worst over time

Edited by EDUSAN

That shouldnt be possible without purhasing a game (not tested but this is what BW was saying just weeks ago). That said, I think the oppinnion of new accountholders that dont have avatar set, are just as important as those who troll on these forums daily.

No, you can create an account without buying the game. Hence the reason why you see accounts created years ago.

To be honest m8 with all the trolling on the forums. And the bitterness of kids these days when they like another game. I just laugh at these threads. Trolls seems to enjoy bashing a game they dont like. Its beyond me, now if the posts were constructive, id give them more credit.

Edited by DigitalPrime

Yes im enjoying it. Loving it in fact. Better then WoW and SWG.

On a side note. we have alot of new accounts with no avatars disliking the game. Seems to be a new fashion these days!

Or,

people have bought into the hype and got the game. Then wondered if it can really be like this, because it was supposed to be the next big thing, and came to forums to see if it was them or the game.

Found the culprit, voiced their opinion and unsubbed.

I knew what this game is, because I was in 2 betas. Still I bought the game, unsubbed immediately and will shelve the game for few months. If, and this is big IF, the game has any playerbase left at summer I'll check back for a month or so (it'd be good if they have welcome back invites, but I can spare a 13€ just to see the mess).

One question to you, if you may. Do you love the game or the franchise on top of it?

NO.

This is not an MMO, it's a single player. If I wanted to play with myself, well...

None of my friends play. I can't do 2+, 4s or any other heroic content.

This game needs features from other games. From Galaxies: Guild Halls, crafted paint kits for speeders, placeable faction bases to raid.

Everything sharded, instanced, and 1 player mode.

My grandson is 3 years old and plays space battles for me. New version of 'Space Invaders'

PVP is terrible. Just fricking terrible. Fire every dev that worked on it. Implement an LFG tool and UI customization.

If these issues aren't addressed soon, the population will be the thing emulating Galaxies.

No

Story is nice, but the world(s) design is a deal breaker. The blocking volumes are contrived and feel very artificial. There's too many areas you can see but can't walk to and too many slopes that end in invisible walls. They may as well not include jumping.

Last patch lag completely ruins the high level space combat, now the missions are difficult because you have mini-lag hitches not because they are tough.

Finally let's get a real definition of new here. Adding a space mission that is exactly the same as three other space missions with one or two more enemies is not adding a 'new' space mission. It's adding another difficulty to an existing space mission.

I really want to like TOR because I love playing with my friends, but it's boring me to death and I don't think the boring is something that can be fixed.

No.

The game went from fun to frustrating for me pretty quickly (loading, bugs, etc, etc...you've heard all the reasons before.)

IMO It's only saving grace are the class stories, which I've enjoyed a great deal, otherwise the game feels like something designed almost a decade ago and yet somehow still released before it was ready.

Out of the five of us (wife and I + three friends) NONE are logging on more than a few minutes here and there now.

I really wanted to like this game, but I'm pretty disappointed.

One question to you, if you may. Do you love the game or the franchise on top of it?

I love the game, I have fun most nights gaming with my friends. I understand its an MMO, its in its birth period and things take time to iron out.

If I would of felt like a select few on here at the WoW launch, i wouldnt of played it for 2 years. But even then i knew MMOs take time to grow and time to iron out the launch bugs. Obviously one can only take so much elves and orcs rehashed in a cartoon world. So i left and looked into TOR. After years of waiting, the game is here and i enjoy it. Yeh it has issues, but how long ago was it launched? If people cant wait and get through this period. move on, its that simple!

I love the game, I have fun most nights gaming with my friends. I understand its an MMO, its in its birth period and things take time to iron out.

If I would of felt like a select few on here at the WoW launch, i wouldnt of played it for 2 years. But even then i knew MMOs take time to grow and time to iron out the launch bugs. Obviously one can only take so much elves and orcs rehashed in a cartoon world. So i left and looked into TOR. After years of waiting, the game is here and i enjoy it. Yeh it has issues, but how long ago was it launched? If people cant wait and get through this period. move on, its that simple!

You know, I would agree with you and I am being patient since this is BW's first attempt, but the things they got wrong are things that they can't go back and fix now.

Their worlds are designed very well for a single player game, but they are terrible for an MMO. That's not something patches are meant to fix.

If it was just lag, disconnects and a small set of models that were bothering me (edit: these things they've done exceptionally well by the way!) I would be more optimistic but it's the fundamental design of the worlds that annoys me. I'm going to keep playing while waiting for GW2, I'm not letting on to my friends that I am bored to tears (although I do tell my family), and I'm going to hope it gets better.

I just disagree with you that it will get better with patches. I also sincerely hope that I'm wrong, because TOR does have an excellent story to it. It's just not an MMO.

Edited by ChillBill

You know, I would agree with you and I am being patient since this is BW's first attempt, but the things they got wrong are things that they can't go back and fix now.

Their worlds are designed very well for a single player game, but they are terrible for an MMO. That's not something patches are meant to fix.

If it was just lag, disconnects and a small set of models that were bothering me I would be more optimistic but it's the fundamental design of the worlds that annoys me. I'm going to keep playing while waiting for GW2, I'm not letting on to my friends that I am bored to tears (although I do tell my family), and I'm going to hope it gets better.

I just disagree with you that it will get better with patches. I also sincerely hope that I'm wrong, because TOR does have an excellent story to it. It's just not an MMO.

The worlds wont get altered, but new worlds in new content could be deisgned to suite your needs. I have an issue with the instanced worlds when leveling. But I look at these worlds as just that. stepping stone to the next level. Its not world to hang in. Now, if they keep on releasing worlds in new content the same way they have designed the first select few. I would be standing by you as this is my only design gripe.

Only an expansion will tell!

Please keep respecting the OP's wishes and keep the thread about your own taste and experience in a short and clear manner and do not respond on what other have to say. Opinions are like toilet breaks (to keep it civil), everyone has them and they all smell.

So let's keep it pure about your own opinion unmirrored towards others.

Personal opinion: Yes, I like the game. I believe they delivered the promise of truly adding RPG to the MMO genre. I am very glad I made the decision to roll on an RP server because of this and I am loving the atmosphere and community within.