Guardians/Juggernauts feel lacking

ScytheNoire

I have already completed the other two tank classes. I have a 50 Jedi Shadow tank and a 50 Bounty Hunter Powertech Tank. Both do very well at tanking, although they play differently and have their own pro's and con's.

Currently I am leveling up both a Guardian and Juggernaut at the same time, switching off as I complete worlds. But both feel lacking compared to the other two tank classes.

Here's my questions:

Why is the Guardian AoE attack only 5 yards? The others are 8-10 yards.

Why does the Guardian lack any type of pull? Both the other tanks have a pull.

Why does the Guardians interrupt cost a force point? This can have major repercussions.

Why does the Guardian only have one interrupt? I know with my Shadow I have three skills that can interrupt. Forget how many on Powertech, but it's more than one.

Overall, if you stack up the three tanks, the Guardian/Juggernaut falls way behind the other two tanks. It's not even close.

So I was hoping that perhaps BioWare could look at the tank balance and give the Guardian/Juggernauts much needed tanking skills that seem to be lacking that the other two tanks have. I'm not sure how the designers missed this.

I don't think we players have an answer for you :)

But I agree, we need a pull, have it share a cooldown with push IMO. Yea we have only one interrupt in name, but our channelled CC can interrupt and our push interrupts too.

I would be thrilled if our AoE reached further. Although I think it should be toned down a bit too. Just because of Singularity.

Interrupt being focus-hungry can be very annoying. I don't always have extra focus, especially when I am trying to get a healer down. Then they just heal up without me being able to interrupt them very often.

Hilt Strike, Force Push, Stasis and Force Kick all interrupt any mob or player.

Really? Hiltstrike? have to look that one up :)

As Guardian, you do have a lot of "take less damage" spells and a force-shield =)

-edit-

Just looked it up, it seems im not the right level yet ;-) So i dont have the spell

Edited by Tuumke

We also get Awe/Intimidating Roar. That gives us 6 ways to interrupt someone. Leap/Charge, Stasis/Choke, Push, Kick/Disruption, Awe/Intimidating Roar, and Hiltstrike/Backhand.

Leap - Will interrupt everything that can be interrupted.

Stasis - Hit or miss on Champions sometimes whether it will interrupt.

Push - Only interrupts on Lower strength mobs

Kick - Interrupts anything that can be.

Awe - Haven't tested it reliably as an interrupt but don't see why it wouldn't on weaker.

Hiltstrike - Any true tank won't have this ability anyway, and if they did, most likely on CD as well so I wouldn't count it as an interrupt.

AFAIK the above is correct.

Awe - Haven't tested it reliably as an interrupt but don't see why it wouldn't on weaker.

Hiltstrike - Any true tank won't have this ability anyway, and if they did, most likely on CD as well so I wouldn't count it as an interrupt.

Why wouldn't a tank have that? I guess I am teh noob but it does a lot of damage stuns the opponent for a while causes a bunch of threat in PvE as well.

Why wouldn't a tank have that? I guess I am teh noob but it does a lot of damage stuns the opponent for a while causes a bunch of threat in PvE as well.

The hybrid tanking spec doesn't pick up hiltstrike/backhand.

Edited by Aikagi

Wrong on both accounts, firstly Awe doesn't work as an interrupt, it is not a hard stun.

Secondly Hiltstrike is a great interriupt and a 4 second stun, allowing for a master stike potentially. If you use your rotations correctly it is always avalable when you need it. Cooldown is only 1 min, no different from Push, Stasis and Awe. For 1 pt a must for Tanks imo as it also generates a lot of hate.

Think you forgot Force Sweep and Blade Storm, both of which stun standard/weak enemies.

What is this 'any true tank' crap? That hybrid build is player preference only. It hasn't been proven superior to a heavy defense tree spec.

Edited by sanctified