Some people are just so terribly ungrateful.

-GateKeeper-

I for one am growing sick and tired of all the complaining. Bioware did NOT falsely advertise. They said "UP TO 5" which means as little as 1 and as great as above 5 for those of you clearly unable to comprehend the meaning of such a blunt and straight forward statement.

Secondly I was a November PO and I am not complaining because I know that due to the staggered launch server stability and game quality will be at a premium no other MMO has achieved more than likely due to this staggered launch. True it is irritating to get in behind the crowed. But the that is OUR fault as individuals for not per-ordering sooner. The gain's out weight the negatives by a vast majority here.

Thirdly to those who are complaining about not getting responses to their questions and creating hate and rage posts due to not getting an answer think about this. Bioware is very busy working on making sure the servers are working fine and who knows what else for all of us. It is not the player bases job to answer your questions but a good number of us try to to the best of our ability. So if you are not being answered by the player base on the forum you may just want to try and search for a post with the answers you are looking for like a responsible member of the forum community.

Lastly to all of those complaining about a few short days of wait time instead of complaining you should be thanking Bioware for coming up with the staggered launch solution to create stable servers. It would be much easier for them to just throw us all in at once to avoid all of the childish accusations and complaining but they put up with it because they are trying to do what is best for all of us the customer. It is just pure and utter ungratefulness. The logic of staggered launch speaks for itself.

That is my whole ten, twenty and thirty cents on all of the blatantly uncalled for complaining. If you would like to share your frustration with the people constantly complaining without flaming them in their posts please feel free to show your support in this thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Ive played AoC, AION, WoW etc and by far this is the best launch ever. Today is the actual preorder day what has been said for months, and till end of november gets in today. Stop whining or quit the game, but i bet i will see 99,9% of the whiners ingame soon.

Agreed.

I can understand both sides.

The people that are pissed

Other people are having fun with the game and they have to wait. Some have pretty good reasons to be upset. I was kinda irked because I preorder a long time ago, just never really cared or felt the need to put in the code until much much later.

You want to play the game badly, and other people are having that fun while you have to wait can make anyone a little irked. Some people took days off of work thinking they would get a five day head start today.

However, crying about it is not going to do anything. The only reason why people do it on the forum is because misery loves company.

Ungrateful? I was not aware I owed bioware anything for the game except for money? gratitude needs to be earned.

also must say I find it hillarious that people keep saying stuff like "By far the best launch ever" then five minutes later they use this arguement against a so called "whiner" : "Game has not launched yet".

*golfclap* for that.

In a way "Game has not launched yet" might very well backfire on your own "By far the best launch ever".

Exactly what do you expect to happen when the game ACTUALLY launches on the 20th and everyone logs on at the same time? come on, dont be naive. :)

Edited by Munx

Regardless of anything else, the relationship between BW and us is a purely business one. They are not doing us a favour by letting us play their game and we're not being generous when we pay them for their product.

Gratitude is neither deserved nor warranted, from either side.

However that doesn't mean we shouldn't adhere to basic adult courtesy.

Unless you're* a kid I guess. In that case feel free to act childishly, it's allowed, but also why we don't let you vote. ;)

*the "you" in that last part is not directed at anyone specifically, and certainly not the OP.

It will all go quiet tomorrow when everyone is in.

actually it will be much worse

when everyone is in, they will see huge queues, tremendous lag and server crashes, and they will realize that the EGA has accomplished absolutly nothing

it has been absolutly ineffective to solve any of the problems associated with a MMO launch, and it merely gave a small fraction of the playerbase a chance to claim names and enjoy a couple days of smooth gameplay, even tho those lucky ones paid exactly the same they did.

eagerly awaiting to read the forums tomorrow.

kudos to BioWare for making SWToR a WoW clone. copying others, totally wise decition. its obvious that when they try to reinvent the wheel (like this EGA) they only produce crap :rolleyes:

Hey a post in the general section I can agree with.

I am a Late Nov purchase.. you know the unlucky cusp purchase.. I might not get in till tomorrow and fully expect not to. I am not raging even the slightest.. quite the contrary.. Don't get me wrong I am chomping at the bit to get in right NAO!!! However, I knew damn good and well that when I bought this it clearly stated "Up to 5 days".. seeing as I purchased just last month I really didn't expect to get "ANY" early access.. I just wanted the bonus items that came with the Deluxe edition (Since CE was sold out the first month.. which is why i just ignored it till later). Getting to play before the 20th = /win and <3 for Bioware.

:rak_angelic:

I pre ordered on Dec 9th, been spending time with my kid, had a nice dinner with my wife, not sure why so many people are so upset, the game is gonna be there next week, its gonna be here in a year. Calm down and enjoy yourself life is way to short to be getting all wound up over a video game. Ill be skewering all you sith chumps with meh lightsaber :) see you all on the field of battle!

I for one am growing sick and tired of all the complaining. Bioware did NOT falsely advertise. They said "UP TO 5" which means as little as 1 and as great as above 5 for those of you clearly unable to comprehend the meaning of such a blunt and straight forward statement.

Secondly I was a November PO and I am not complaining because I know that due to the staggered launch server stability and game quality will be at a premium no other MMO has achieved more than likely due to this staggered launch. True it is irritating to get in behind the crowed. But the that is OUR fault as individuals for not per-ordering sooner. The gain's out weight the negatives by a vast majority here.

Thirdly to those who are complaining about not getting responses to their questions and creating hate and rage posts due to not getting an answer think about this. Bioware is very busy working on making sure the servers are working fine and who knows what else for all of us. It is not the player bases job to answer your questions but a good number of us try to to the best of our ability. So if you are not being answered by the player base on the forum you may just want to try and search for a post with the answers you are looking for like a responsible member of the forum community.

Lastly to all of those complaining about a few short days of wait time instead of complaining you should be thanking Bioware for coming up with the staggered launch solution to create stable servers. It would be much easier for them to just throw us all in at once to avoid all of the childish accusations and complaining but they put up with it because they are trying to do what is best for all of us the customer. It is just pure and utter ungratefulness. The logic of staggered launch speaks for itself.

That is my whole ten, twenty and thirty cents on all of the blatantly uncalled for complaining. If you would like to share your frustration with the people constantly complaining without flaming them in their posts please feel free to show your support in this thread.

1. I agree, they said we may get less than 5 days.

2 a. Game quality is questionable when I hear from people who got in and couldn't find other players to do grouped content with.

b. The "you should have preordered earlier" argument has a problem, if many people did preorder sooner then others would be pushed back. The staggered access as it is ensures that X amount of people will not be able to play until day Y.

3. I agree, except if you mean people who just wanted an idea of when they may get it, those people deserved a clue.

4. On the 20th preorders and everyone else will attempt to jump on at the same time anyway, if they crash then it was all for nothing.

I pre ordered on Dec 9th, been spending time with my kid, had a nice dinner with my wife, not sure why so many people are so upset, the game is gonna be there next week, its gonna be here in a year. Calm down and enjoy yourself life is way to short to be getting all wound up over a video game. Ill be skewering all you sith chumps with meh lightsaber :) see you all on the field of battle!

Here Here!!

They said "UP TO 5" which means as little as 1 and as great as above 5 for those of you clearly unable to comprehend the meaning of such a blunt and straight forward statement.

NO THEY DID NOT! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET IT?!

ORIGIN STORE FOR FINNISH LANGUAGE SAYS:

Pre-order and get game access AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and Pre-order now, get early game access

People are playing SO GAME ACCESS IS POSSIBLE, yet i'm not in, so i did not get what i paid for.

edit: That is reason why i'm so "ungrateful"...

Edited by Viikuna

I preorderd on october 19th, and I expected that I would get EGA in the weekend. If nothing goes wrong and no servers explode I will be in today. That is sooner then a thought and I'm happy.

So yeah maybe i am a white knight. So what, i may get in today.

It's pretty funny how people complain about how "painful" it is for them to be waiting, with bated breath, for their early access. They never consider that maybe they should just go do something else until they get their e-mail? All this stress that they cause themselves, yet they blame it on Bioware. Today was the first day of the "up to 5" days. The last two days that people have already been in are actually in excess of the "up to 5" days! Quit BAWWing over the fact that everything in your life isn't perfect and go play Skyrim. You probably won't be seeing *that* little gem for a while after you get in so you'd might as well give it some love now.

FAS ROH DAH!

I didn't whine about it but.. can I touch you? For showing me the holy way of being so awesome. I mean nobody but you are so perfect. You have been raised right with patience, understanding and mercy for all. So much that you can tell others what to do and how to be. You must be playing a Jedi? As with such awesomeness you can only BE a Jedi.

*Opens Holo Comm*

"Ok Master, planted the seeds of arrogance, soon we'll have another for the Dark side" :D