Arsenal vs Pyrotech dps?

Adiva

If you can stand and cast Tracers, the team you're playing is terrible. Since the Arsenal spec revolves around the use of this, it's safe to say that if you go up against a lot of premades, Pyro is the way to go.

Pyro is better for business. PvE? Who knows. BioWare doesn't think Combat Logs are something we need right now.

If you can stand and cast Tracers, the team you're playing is terrible. Since the Arsenal spec revolves around the use of this, it's safe to say that if you go up against a lot of premades, Pyro is the way to go.

Pyro is better for business. PvE? Who knows. BioWare doesn't think Combat Logs are something we need right now.

naaaa pve arsenal hands down, debuffing the mob 20% for the whole raid.... priceless

My Merc isn't 50 yet but what I've found is that Pyro is really really nice however the problem comes in the fact that most of my games are huttball and the 20s improved jetboost and rocket punch knockbacks are just too much to give up on that map. You also don't need a ton of mobility to control the map in huttball, especially with those knockbacks. Kinda wish I could change for voidstar/alderaan though @_@

I could not disagree more, Pyro can be countered by dispels, how good is pyro with no DoTs?

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

Dunno, from my experience as a target of all of your pewpew, I'd say Pyrotech ones are a bit better, since they can actually chase you with instants. Arsenal, just can't do much if a target decides to take off at 60% hp or so or rather they can, but it requires some careful CC planning.

Arsenal is also quite easily interrupted. On the other hand, Arsenal burst > Pyrotech, I don't think I was ever effectively bursted by Pyrotech, just because Thermal Detonator is a huge "pop your bubble" sign, I am almost like a trained monkey now - Thermal Detonator > Shield Probe... no health lost.