The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Impotent sloth build

Froederick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a seasoned BH beta tester, I approve of this build. What you will first notice is that it's incredibly heat friendly compared to any BH spec out there, regardless of AC.

It has decent success in both PvE and PvP, as you have more freedom over what abilities you can use, if you do use anything else that is. This build will be entirely utilizing Rapid Shots.

Pros and cons about the build.

Pros

+You get to use your blasters 100% of the time.

+Just incredible mobility, you can perform your whole rotation on the move.

+Got zero heat problems and issues.

+Trolled by nobody, no fear of interrupts or melee not letting you cast.

Cons

-Reading the first word of each pro above.

Edited by Divinism

As a seasoned BH beta tester, I approve of this build. What you will first notice is that it's incredibly heat friendly compared to any BH spec out there, regardless of AC.

It has decent success in both PvE and PvP, as you have more freedom over what abilities you can use, if you do use anything else that is. This build will be entirely utilizing Rapid Shots.

Pros and cons about the build.

Pros

+You get to use your blasters 100% of the time.

+Just incredible mobility, you can perform your whole rotation on the move.

+Got zero heat problems and issues.

+Trolled by nobody, no fear of interrupts or melee not letting you cast.

Cons

-Reading the first word of each pro above.

LOLOLOL This wins! haha

I will continue following this thread in the future just in case the brilliant build designer discovers even more abusive synergies between Rapid Shots and Rapid Shots.

Trust me testing is ongoing and if I have any new results I will make sure to post them

Trust me testing is ongoing and if I have any new results I will make sure to post them

A friend of mine who is playing Merc is wondering if you could come up with something similiar for him to play.

His Reasoning is that the BH one is so versatile, and because he carries two Guns, would it be twice as effective?

Proud Advocate of the Impotent Sloth

It remind me a classic thread:

"This dropped for me yesterday in Strat, it looks pretty cool too. It's white and looks longer than your average cloak or cape"

Old school mmo people will know what I'm talking about.

A friend of mine who is playing Merc is wondering if you could come up with something similiar for him to play.

His Reasoning is that the BH one is so versatile, and because he carries two Guns, would it be twice as effective?

Proud Advocate of the Impotent Sloth

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300.1

I believe this accurately represents a mercenary compliment. I believe that the damage is scaled for the dual wield and single. More testing is required.

This is an excellent find; I'm surprised nobody gave this build much thought.

I really like it, especially as a PT wearing a slave outfit (I haven't bothered with mods, as they're too expensive). However, I did try making one small change:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZZ0z.1

This should increase survivability by a noticeable amount, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trade-off yet.

This is an excellent find; I'm surprised nobody gave this build much thought.

I really like it, especially as a PT wearing a slave outfit (I haven't bothered with mods, as they're too expensive). However, I did try making one small change:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZZ0z.1

This should increase survivability by a noticeable amount, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trade-off yet.

I really don't see why you decided to forgo everything else just for that extra point there. IMO, the increase in survivability isn't worth the drop in versatility you get running a pure impotent sloth.

So I just played Huttball and this Pyrotech ran up and tore me to pieces before I cold even react. I asked him after the match what build he was using and he directed me to this one. This needs to be nerfed now before I cancel my sub, it makes Tracer Missile spam look complicated.

After testing this build extensively last night, I can honestly say I am amazed. No other build allows you to play equally well in a drunken stupor or sober. A masterful feat indeed, well done sir! Edited by Badlok

Is this a re-troll or a retard?

Neither. It's called being serious, apparently theres a known bug with this build every other build link works fine but this just comes up as nothing for me which is really annoying because i wanted to try it is it similar to the 4/6/31 build?

Neither. It's called being serious, apparently theres a known bug with this build every other build link works fine but this just comes up as nothing for me which is really annoying because i wanted to try it is it similar to the 4/6/31 build?

That sucks that it's bugging out for you. Basically, the gist of the build is that you put points into

It's pretty simple, you just take all of the talents that focus specifically on Rapid Shots. As the rotation focuses on rapid shots, you dont even have to look. At your bars. You just listen for the proc that gets you a free and instant Rapid Shots, and then you hit Rapid shots.

I think this build would work for merc too. Just put the healing cylinder on (cast from spellbook of course, so you don't push Rapid Shots Off your bar).