3 accounts cancelled

Toffle

I don't blame people for being upset over the nerf. And I understand wanting to quit to show how seriously frustrated you are...

but, lets be real for minute. To say you can't endure another levelling experience is laughable. This game is all about the levelling experience right now.

You'll also be a better player if you experience other classes. And it might put your OP into perspective a bit more.

I'm also leaving mostly because of the nerf, secondly because i've opened over 20 centurion bags and havnt' recieved a single piece of champion pvp gear.

They take the least played class/specialization and then nerf it to absolute uselessness without even touching the other OP classes like inqui/consular and trooper/bh.

I guess their thinking was "hey we're only pissing off a small minority of the players to make the giant majority happy, so no big deal."

Bioware fails hard at MMOs, they should remake this game into a single player.

7+ years in ffxi has taught me one thing- jobs rise and fall.

one day it's RNG thats the big craze. then SE nerfs RNG

then its NIN, they nerf NIN

then thf

then i remember a pleasant time when dual wield war/nins were the rage

last i heard, my job of rdm has falled out of favor...oh well.

psst... no one cares. Why post? Bioware is certainly aware of cancellations via internal channels. Do you think that an employee of BW roams the forum everyday looking for posts from whiners like you? Are you honestly under the assumption that your "I'ma quit!" post has any bearing on anything?

psst... no one cares. Why post? Bioware is certainly aware of cancellations via internal channels. Do you think that an employee of BW roams the forum everyday looking for posts from whiners like you? Are you honestly under the assumption that your "I'ma quit!" post has any bearing on anything?

Well I do care a little, and his "I'ma quit!" post has some bearing on my outlook. The more people I see sharing my concerns the more skepticism I have for this games future. Quitting silently is one thing and of course they will see this via internal channels. However posting about the quit for everyone to see is bad PR, of course they will take note of the "whiners". After all that's what brought about these patch changes in the first place, is it not?

The Bioware book-burning-nazis locked the other thread. My $45/month trumps your $15/month so I post to express my displeasure. It is called communication.

What does how much you pay a month have anything to do with your qqing. More money more crying? If you are leaving then leave lol. Nobody cares that you are mad your class got nerfed and you suck to much to make the best of it. As if your class will be the only nerf to happen.

Well I do care a little, and his "I'ma quit!" post has some bearing on my outlook. The more people I see sharing my concerns the more skepticism I have for this games future. Quitting silently is one thing and of course they will see this via internal channels. However posting about the quit for everyone to see is bad PR, of course they will take note of the "whiners". After all that's what brought about these patch changes in the first place, is it not?

I refer you to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_%28Internet_culture%29

The posters on these forums do not represent the majority of people who play this or any MMO. Bioware or any company that likes to make money will be watching the MAJORITY. You and anyone else who whines about changes like this will not sway anything. BW will continue to make changes that they feel will lead to overall success of this game based on broad appeal.

I actually agree with you on this. I often look at the boards before I decide to invest in a new game. If i see alot of "I quit" post I tend to re-evaluate buying that game. Lots of I quit post are a PR nightmare for a new game.

If it didn't affect people's psyche then they wouldn't even respond to it. However, that is quite the contray. You see "I quit" post getting the most amount of hits.

I believe alot of people actually internalize the game(and make it a part of them). That is to say when people attack at part of them they get defensive and post rude comments about the people that don't hold the game to their high standard.

As a gamer I appreciate the warnings posted on the websites of potential games I decide to play. With that being said Thank You OP, you probably saved a few other people who are just like me this expensive purchase.

To everyone who responded with rude or negative comments: If posting "I quit" doesn't matter why did you respond?

Edited by JBGames

I actually agree with you on this. I often look at the boards before I decide to invest in a new game. If i see alot of "I quit" post I tend to re-evaluate buying that game. Lots of I quit post are a PR nightmare for a new game.

If it didn't affect people's psyche then they wouldn't even respond to it. However, that is quite the contray. You see "I quit" post getting the most amount of hits.

I believe alot of people actually internalize the game(and make it a part of them). That is to say when people attack at part of them they get defensive and post rude comments about the people that don't hold the game to their high standard.

As a gamer I appreciate the warnings posted on the websites of potential games I decide to play. With that being said Thank You OP, you probably saved a few other people who are just like me this expensive purchase.

To everyone who responded with rude or negative comments: If posting "I quit" doesn't matter why did you respond?

I most likely wouldn't of responded had I not seen two different threads from the same guy saying basically the same exact thing. That is someone who is attention whoring and nothing else. A habitual whiner! So yeah why not post in it an point out his over reaction to what really is not a huge deal. And before you ask, yes in light of this change I decided to roll up an Op and I am currently leveling him up.

Cancel Subscription

BYE BYE ***********

It's cool you love this game enough to post a respond to show that you care that hes canceling 3 of his account by saying you dont care. ^^ because you do and many others are already canceling there accounts without making post about it.

6 Members in my guild already left because we have seen this before in Rift and Wow. I bet its all those ****** Warhammer Devs.

Take note how they approached it when it came to the HARD FACTS my fellow pro gamers.

" because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP"

No Facts just what they heard the whinners say.

-Think about it

Nerf Bat will come back around and all I have to do is start 30 threads with QQ post about sorcerers and the same thing will happen. ENJOI YOUR GAME THATS totally going down the drain if they approach every QQ with a nerf like this.

Nerfing the dmg by IDK 7-12% reasonable. Maybe if things continue then knock it up to 20%. You start small. Then People start to accept the change. Not just whip it out and **** us with IT! GOD DAMMIT :3

I play an operative but never tried the concealment spec so the nerf really did not hurt me all that much. As a lethality ops i find it way more amusing then just knocking someone to the ground. Loling all over them and then poofing and repeat.

Pretty boreing if you ask me. This nerf just helps the Ops class as a whole, letting all the baddies leave and let the true players shine.

Now i am by far not the best pvper out there but i do like to say i can hold my own, My advise to the people wanting to try out ops. Go for it, dont let the baddies stop you from playing a class your curious about.

I don't blame people for being upset over the nerf. And I understand wanting to quit to show how seriously frustrated you are...

but, lets be real for minute. To say you can't endure another levelling experience is laughable. This game is all about the levelling experience right now.

You'll also be a better player if you experience other classes. And it might put your OP into perspective a bit more.

If it's all about the levelling experience then how come i'd have to do 90%+ of the same quests if i was to lvl another alt?

The levelling is so linear that, class story aside, it's the same quests in the same order

I feel you op, cancelled my sub too. I will take my money to a company that has a clue and most importantly COMMUNICATE with it's customers

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, but will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion.

We encourage you to make threads about specific game-related topics if you like and suggest putting them in this Suggestion thread, or any specific ideas you may have in the Suggestion Box or other related forums.

We wish you the best.