End or Severe Reduction to Companion Gift Cooldown?

TirGavin

I hate it so much as well. Here is my theory to why they added it.

Okay, lets say your a super rich guy with 3 level 50s and you can get whatever the heck you want. You start a new person, and you go to the vendor and buy a crap load of gifts for your companion. You use them over and over until you max out the (was it 10000?) 10000 affection points they have. Now, your running around with a super powered companion, and your super overpowered.

That's probably not the reason, but it bugs people so they don't want to buy a ton of stuff for their comapnion because they're lazy. I don't know. Just a guess. But either way PLEASE REMOVE IT. I always get so many from missions, I just want to sell them all because I don't want to wait a 5 minutes giving it all to my comapnion, I want to get on with the game!!! I don't want to spend my time giving gifts to my companion when I could be blowing stuff up!! I guess we'll see...

Well the problem here its that u can give the companion lower level gifts to max out the companion affection. For example. U can buy the rank 1 gifts from a vendor and give them to ur companion it will give +96 Affection (green ones) and after 2000 those gift will grant +48 affection, each gift Rank 1 cost 200 and if u buy the rank 2 (600 credits) u will get +96 so right now its cheaper to go from 0-4000 only using the rank 1 gifts from the vendor but u will have to give like 20 gifts more to ur companion so if there is no CD there is no point in buying the apropiet rank gifts u can buy -1 rank gifts and u would get the resame results so the rank 5 gift lose all their importance because u could go from 0-6000 using vendor gifts and from 6001-10000 only using rank 3 and 4. I think thats why the CD for gifts was implemented.

One Posible solution could be that u get a CD but only if give lower rank gift to ur companion. For example if have 2000 affection Rank 1 gift should trigger the CD but if i give Rank 2 and above there should NOT be CD.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Raant

• 2 weeks later...
Well the problem here its that u can give the companion lower level gifts to max out the companion affection. For example. U can buy the rank 1 gifts from a vendor and give them to ur companion it will give +96 Affection (green ones) and after 2000 those gift will grant +48 affection, each gift Rank 1 cost 200 and if u buy the rank 2 (600 credits) u will get +96 so right now its cheaper to go from 0-4000 only using the rank 1 gifts from the vendor but u will have to give like 20 gifts more to ur companion so if there is no CD there is no point in buying the apropiet rank gifts u can buy -1 rank gifts and u would get the resame results so the rank 5 gift lose all their importance because u could go from 0-6000 using vendor gifts and from 6001-10000 only using rank 3 and 4. I think thats why the CD for gifts was implemented.

One Posible solution could be that u get a CD but only if give lower rank gift to ur companion. For example if have 2000 affection Rank 1 gift should trigger the CD but if i give Rank 2 and above there should NOT be CD.

Sorry for my english.

Think you hit the nail on the head.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.