Beta client need to remove it and download from the mail I got?

Slipzman

Hello fellow Swtor people, I played the beta stress-test weekend and have that client left on my computer.

Now my question is do I have to uninstall the swtor beta (stress test weekend) I got in order to play the early access or download the pre-load from the email? Or can I keep the already installed and fully patched swtor I used to play on the stress test.

Me and a few of my friends would be very grateful for clarification regarding this!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Slipzman

If you played in one the betas after the 25th November, then you don't need to uninstall, then you can simply jsut open the client and let it update itself and you will be ready to to go once you receive your early access :)

Thats the information that has been given through forum posts, emails, twitter messages and even on the preparation page that you can find on this website.

Thanks for the replies! I also managed to find this post.

"To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the “assets_swtor_main” version file in the following location on your computer: Program Files (x86)EABioWareStar Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client."

And I had that file :D

All depend on when your beta testing was done.

Did not test after 25 November: Reinstall.

Tested before and after 25 November: Can patch to Retail, but recommend reinstalling to clear out older version cruft and free up disk space.

Tested after 25 November only: Safe to patch to Retail.