Is it just me or does the droid always fail missions?

Finrok

Seems like he fails a lot and actually a lot of the special missions too...what gives?

0 - Affection.

Really the driod should have a default max affection.

Affection = (more frequent) better results + faster mission times.

On the bases companions that like you more try harder.

Edited by AngelousWang

It's you =p My droid was getting the most mission crits recently. There's no evidence that affection does anything but lower mission length. (if there's any hard proof please share it folks =) )

Lots of people on forums saying their high affection companions fail more than their low affection counterparts.

When I find myself in a bad streak I tend to change which companion is on which mission. Does that help? No clue, but it makes me feel like i did something lol.

He just crit twice, once on a companion gift mission and another on a luxury cloth mission. At the same time I had Kira with 10000 affection fail a metal mission, and Doc with 8000 affection and a +5 UT efficiency bonus only proc a normal haul of 4 ciridium. It's just you.

Affection also influences the fail rate of the missions.

So don´t send the Droid on important missions.

I wish people would stop repeating this. Until we see someone with some serious parsing showing actual statistical trends affection doesn't affect the success of mission. Just the speed at which they're run.

Would you people repeat it if you heard the earth was flat? Or that the sun circled the earth? Buncha sheep.

Affection also influences the fail rate of the missions.

So don´t send the Droid on important missions.

I don't believe this for a second. The only factor that seems to determine failurerate is skill-level vs difficulty (and a random factor ofc). My droid(s) crit as much as all the other companions without crit skill and haven't failed missions since my wee levels when skills were low.

Actually the only failures I am getting lately are from high affection companions, since those are the ones I send on missions with higher difficulty (i.e. L340 epic missions) to reduce mission times.