Just Cancelled

Vexden

I like how I keep seeing people saying that it barely affects PvE.

We used to have 50% armor reduction, we now only have 30%. That ALONE is a big nerf for our PvE damage.

The 20% nerf to HS AND half duration on the knockback will hurt both trash clearing and soloing/group questing. To some extent, dps as well (can't use it often on a boss but we still use it)

EDIT: And FOTM? On my server at 50 I almost never see any Imperial Agent class on my team besides me. All I see are Sith Warriors, Inquisitors and Bount Hunters. FOTM my ***.

thats cause everybody is leveling an op/smugglar, go into the under 50s and look.

i got killed by 4 ops once, and i played with 6 smugglars in the under 50s.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You, sir are so outrageously misinformed it's atrocious. If you REALLY think this game is meant to be a PVE platform with a mild PVP aspect, you have discovered the biggest tornado of misinformation of our digital swtor generation.

After reading what you had quoted you honestly don't make much sense.

The MMO is so quest and story driven how can you not consider it largely a PVE platform? A mild PVP aspect, why of course. At the moment we have what, a few warzones and a little world PVP? Sounds pretty mild to me. I don't doubt intend to add more content and perhaps more complexity to the PVP, but for the time being and as your quoted poster stated:

"Its concerning because a very small minority of players are being leveraged to apply rulesets to the masses."

With that, I concur.

Hopefully all the ops don't quit... I been having fun killing them now that they can't drop me in one stun rotation.

Pre-patch the only way an op can do that is if he out gears you. Equally geared pre-patch that didnt happen.

People complained because some OP did that and they assume that Ops were overpowered. Which was never the case that player most likely was overpowered compared to your gear.

WHY??? why for the love of all that is pure and good do people insist of these stupid threads??? And why is there always some response from someone saying to "wait for x game or playing x game"? If you derive satisfaction from posting an attention grabbing post or believe that an "I quit" post is evenly remotely relevant then you sir or mam are broken.

Heh.

WHY??? why for the love of all that is pure and good do you insist on replying to these "stupid threads"??? And why is there always some response from someone like you saying "WHY???". Do you derive satisfaction from posting in an attention grabbing post for attention? For someone who strongly dislikes an "I quit" post you are sure are serving its purpose well with another response, another bump.

Can you not see how it is entirely relevant? An MMO's success is based on its population. Someone quitting for such a reason is no trivial matter. How many others might quit for the same reason but remain silent? As players we really only have 2 ways of voicing our opinion, one being the forum and the other being our wallet. I for one appreciate the OP for taking the time to do both. The more people who voice their opinion and act on it the better the chances these issues will be looked at by someone within Bioware/EA.

Ehh I need to give this thread a break :/

Never heard so much QQ. What a bunch of 12-year olds who always seem to want something immediately and in perfect order. Sound like my grandson.

If you can only play one class and only that class, and then quit because you do not like it, then you really are intolerant.

When i first made my scoundrel i was rarely see scoundrels/operatives around , cuz ppl like *** Y U HAVE NOSABER ?

Thn those ppl started to roll smugglers/agents , and now they give up on their smuggler cuz of scrapper nerf.

I'm still enjoyin my class.

-Kath-

That's exactly the point. A little more than a month and this is what they patch. It isn't the direct nerf on Ops that makes me want to quit, but the direction they are going with it.

How can you infer a "direction" off of what is essentially one point of data?

The game is a little more than a month old. Classes will get buffed, nerfed, balanced, and re-balanced. I raided in WoW several years ago (pre-expansions), and everyone always complained about every class nerf, said they were going to quit, blah blah blah blah.

And maybe a bunch of them even did quit, but the game kept going.

So your class was the first to get re-balanced in the negative. Feel free to let out a "bah humbug" at your desk, then suck it up and move on. Or quit. Whatever.

But just know that this kind of whining is incredibly common in MMO's, and isn't accorded any special weight by the developers. I'll bet there are people threatening to quit World of Warcraft right now, and it's apparently the gold standard for MMOs.

- Scott

Never heard so much QQ. What a bunch of 12-year olds who always seem to want something immediately and in perfect order. Sound like my grandson.

If you can only play one class and only that class, and then quit because you do not like it, then you really are intolerant.

Yeah it's dissapointing.

What's funny is that most ops rolled ops cuz they heard it was over powered and now they mad cuz it got nerfed and they feel like they wasted all that time.

Play the class you like people and then buffs and nerfs wont seem like such a bloated problem like how it's being perceived in this thread.

Yeah it's dissapointing.

What's funny is that most ops rolled ops cuz they heard it was over powered and now they mad cuz it got nerfed and they feel like they wasted all that time.

Play the class you like people and then buffs and nerfs wont seem like such a bloated problem like how it's being perceived in this thread.

Amen.

I've got a lvl 50 Shadow and decided to roll a sniper this week because I heard the IA story is the hidden gem among the game's various storylines. I'm loving it.

Yet I came to the forum this week to look for tips on how to play my (now lvl 27) sniper, and this place is just riddled with people breathing fire about how horrible it is, and threatening to quit.

Funny thing is, I visited the Consular/Shadow forums often when I was levelling my Shadow, and people were saying the same things - we are underpowered, we are the worst melee DPS, we are useless in raids, I'm done with this game, blah blah blah blah.

It's tedious.

Edited by ShakesMcQueen

Just because I have a Battlemaster tag doesn't mean I don't PVE. It isn't all about the damage reduction, it is about comparing classes.

Last night I really tried to give it a chance, (played about 8-10 wz's and some Illum). Before when I said our class needed a change, I stand by that. The knockdown change for instance I think is a great one. Personally I think they should change our Hidden strike / knockdown to only fill 50% of the resolve bar (which resolve seems to be bugged most of the time), and put the Acid Blade back to 50% and it would work fine.

I like how people say "oh you should just go healing and really help out the guild".... we are overrun with healers, we need DPS. Now I cannot take a DPS spot and feel like I am not hurting the run.

Just because the game allows for a rogue class to heal doesn't mean I rolled one to do so. I have played many many MMO's and I still like back in the day in EQ when each class had its own hard set role. No dual specs, no quick armor change to DPS or Tank, or now DPS or Heal. In theory it isn't a bad idea to have more options, but I just don't work that way.

Edited by Vexden

Reminds me of the thread 2 weeks ago where a guy posted he had cancelled his sub because he didn't like the font used in game. Seemed he was serious too.

Get over yourselves people. Every MMO has tweaks for balance. WoW's had them for the better part of a decade. Don't think that whatever game you switch to will be any different.

Your grandson you say? Sounds like my son. Your not my ex's dad by chance are ya?? Lol I'm kidding of course but yeah they sound just like my 12 yr old son.

Is funny how all the non-ops are happy and come to flame, lest see the 24 of this months went all the cancel subs leave for real and they will realize than this game will became a ghost town...

Enjoy your 6 months of fails before this game go FTP and you got a horde of hue hue hue Brasilian people playing Sorcs...

Sorcs es #1 in Brasil hue hue hue always bubble never die...