Powertechs need a flashier style...

Chaplainar

So I've played 5 diff chars to lvl 10, 2 chars to lvl 31, and am now almost 40 on my Powertech.

I love the class, and I love our swirling flames in combat. But overall, when not using flames, we look like boring Mercs.

I don't want us to be dual wielding tanks, or blaster rifle wielding tanks. I want, for at least shield techs, an offhanded shielding animation. The current giant bubble is not very exciting in any way.

I would say some kind of item held in the OH, that when you shield, shows your character projecting a smaller hex like shiled out of the device and absorbing the damage.

The other thing would be to make larger and or different looking blaster pistols for the Powertech family as a whole, just to make it look a bit more threatening and actually different from Mercs.

Flashy enough for me. Its like playing an inspector gadget class but with anger issues-f Flame throwers, predator blades , grappling hooks and jetpacks, bombs that make a wonderful swoosh sound that make pvp healers panic.

For me, this class's has style and I love it.

It's sort of funny you brought that up OP...

After leveling 3 different classes before the BH, I tried the BH and fell in love with its style. I thought it one of the flashier playstyles out of the other classes...

...I guess this is very much a personal preference thing. I am currently quite happy with the animations and playstyle of the PT.

Flashy enough for me. Its like playing an inspector gadget class but with anger issues-f Flame throwers, predator blades , grappling hooks and jetpacks, bombs that make a wonderful swoosh sound that make pvp healers panic.

^a

that

lol yer i felt a bit of a Predator vibe myself :cool:

Yeah, flash is not necessarily a good thing. My Marauder with two glowsticks feels like I have a giant bulls eye painted on me.

Funnily enough, I did a little experiment - changed my crystals to green and blue from red. I get attacked slightly less now. This is purely anecdotal, but from now on it's green and blue crystals for me.

If you love flash, play Advanced Protoype. Immolate into Rocket Punch not only creates huge numbers but grabs a lot of attention. You also almost never use Rapid Shots except against PvE enemies who have a billion health (why did you have to reintroduce tank n' spank and 25 foot enemies, Bioware?)

If you hate flash, play PyroTech. The animations Rail Shot, Flame Burst, Thermal Detonator, and Incendiary Missile are fairly ignorable until it's too late for the enemy. Furthermore, your Bounty Hunter is a confident bad *** who laughs everytime his Rail Shot refreshes; it's not flashy so he knows he can lay the hurt unnoticed.

If you love drawing attention but without too much flash, play Shieldtech. Enemies can't get you off of them but none of your abilities are really awe-inspiring.