Please add Sith Trooper Class - Armor

-Slaughterhouse-

I keep running into really cool Sith Trooper Npcs, and wish for a Trooper on the sith side.

I see the cannons, and their gear, and know, that you guys probably have the capability.

Let go, of your feelings, and let us have Trooper, on the Sith side, and give the Republic either agent or Bh, or simply allow all professions, to be on either side.

Armor choice should be able to be on all professions. Please remove Armor type restrictions. If this against your programming or ideals, then at least make some better looking gear for medium and light armor. Also, Please give us color kits or self adjust on each piece of armor. True Black instead of greys would be better, also.

You know.. before all the really dense responses hit this post I'd

like to weigh in because I feel the same as the OP.

Screw the whole story excuses please.

It really would make sense and be nice if Trooper, Bounty Hunter,

Smuggler and Agent were a third Faction or interchangeable.

Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should have been a part of a third faction.

Faction balance would easily have been satisfied that way and still can be.

Being able to "hire" a BH or Smuggler for PvP would simply rock.

Putting player mercs in the player's hands as a viable solution would set this

game apart and bring it more online with something like SWG. One of SWGs

biggest failings is that Smugglers weren't huntable by BHs, nor did they have

any real consequences to being a Smuggler. That could change here.

I'm a BH and have seen and worked with NPC Smugglers on the Sith side.

So saying they are only Repub alligned would be silly.

Also, it's easy to see the Repub hiring a BH to hunt down various Sith targets

or "falled jedi".

And yes, Sith Troopers do look cool. Players should be able to be one.

Just like the Repub should have spies. I know they do. I've killed a few ;) hehe

Think balance. Third Faction would fix that. As would crossing over some of the

professions. Imagine a Repub James Bond for a sec instead of a Sith one.

Ta! :)

It really would make sense and be nice if Trooper, Bounty Hunter,

Smuggler and Agent were a third Faction or interchangeable.

Bounty Hunter and Smuggler should have been a part of a third faction.

Faction balance would easily have been satisfied that way and still can be.

they could easily make a defection quest after which you belong to the other faction. however, it would mean more "possible" content to create compared to normal class content, and since bioware/ea is sitting on the money, I doubt we'll ever see something like that.

as for balance, classes are mirrored anyway (at least they are supposed to be, the actual implementation is somewhat lacking, just compare BH <-> trooper).

I too would love to play as a BH repside, especially since it's hard to believe only imps use BHs - but hey, in this time and age of star wars only dark jedi and dark sith are allowed to use red crystals as well, common sense be damned...

they could easily make a defection quest after which you belong to the other faction. however, it would mean more "possible" content to create compared to normal class content, and since bioware/ea is sitting on the money, I doubt we'll ever see something like that.

as for balance, classes are mirrored anyway (at least they are supposed to be, the actual implementation is somewhat lacking, just compare BH <-> trooper).

I too would love to play as a BH repside, especially since it's hard to believe only imps use BHs - but hey, in this time and age of star wars only dark jedi and dark sith are allowed to use red crystals as well, common sense be damned...

See. this is my point. As a BH during convos I use the "I'm not an Imperial" selection

all the time. My BH is a Mandalorian. She's a soldier working for the Sith during an

alliance. SO if I have the choice to repetitively say I'm not with the Empire in convos,

seems odd that she isn't cross factionable. The idea and concept was apparently there

when the class and conversations were made. Just not implimented as such game wise.

• 6 months later...
I, too, agree with these ideas, both the Sith Trooper and the Third Faction ideas, as this would open up HUNDREDS of new hours of gameplay, and would be wonderful to have in the first place! My main is a Chiss Merc, and I sometimes pretend I'm imp for the people like Malgus and Kilran, but all other times I'm always using the no-alliance idea. Also, the idea that the jedi be on one side, the sith on another, and the NFU's on their own, completely unaligned *cough cough* Hutt Cartel, Black Sun, or The Exchange *cough cough* faction would, at least in my opinion, make the game a LOT more appealing to a LARGE variety of people....

Maybe they could have done this...perhaps even planned originally to do this. If they did (conjecture) I would also guess that the costs were too great.

So great in fact they took light and dark side force users and split them into FOUR classes instead of two, and then added weird counters like BH for Sith (really?) as a mirror to Trooper and Smuggler for Pub as a mirror to...wait for it...Agent.

Right? Because that makes sense. Makes me want to kick a cat.

They have 4 sets of ways to play the game. Abilities are mirrored, so its really just 4 sets split over two sides, then split again in two depending on which .....advanced....class you choose.

So we got really only 3 classes per side, 4 unique ways to play. I guess the unique gameplay came in with the story instead...

Edited by LordArtemis

• 7 months later...