The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switched from shield spec to assault at lvl 30

wiggs

No **** hunh? Despite the fact that Shield Spec puts out a considerable amount of deeps for a TANKING class, can you really be all that surprised that a 'Damage' focused tree trumps a 'Tank' focused tree? I have a sneaking suspicion that you pointing out the obvious was just a cover to post that hilarious pic ^.~

Why on earth do people have trouble playing with Assault?

Heck, I've been that way to 35 nearly 36 now. I shoot up bosses on a regular basis, never mind elites.

You run in with an IR + HIB, start whacking them with Ion Pulse/Stockstrike + HIB cycling while they burn from plasma cell/IR DoTs, and they fall over dead. Repeat. Now, if you're using Nurse Dorne, I can understand the problems as you get focus-fired by every NPC in reach and your defenses can't keep enough of it off for the heals to compensate, but that's why I have Aric out.

Dead mobs mean you don't need healing. Aric makes mobs dead, dead, dead and can hold aggro on big ones just fine if need be until you juggle the hate with a Neural Jolt/Sonic Round and can switch to kiting the really nasty ones. If it's a single target, you can lead with Aric and he'll hold the thing's attention while you blast away until it's time to tag-team the aggro. +2/+3 elites? No worries, just stay mobile and use hard cover as needed.

Why on earth do people have trouble playing with Assault?

Heck, I've been that way to 35 nearly 36 now. I shoot up bosses on a regular basis, never mind elites.

You run in with an IR + HIB, start whacking them with Ion Pulse/Stockstrike + HIB cycling while they burn from plasma cell/IR DoTs, and they fall over dead. Repeat. Now, if you're using Nurse Dorne, I can understand the problems as you get focus-fired by every NPC in reach and your defenses can't keep enough of it off for the heals to compensate, but that's why I have Aric out.

Dead mobs mean you don't need healing. Aric makes mobs dead, dead, dead and can hold aggro on big ones just fine if need be until you juggle the hate with a Neural Jolt/Sonic Round and can switch to kiting the really nasty ones. If it's a single target, you can lead with Aric and he'll hold the thing's attention while you blast away until it's time to tag-team the aggro. +2/+3 elites? No worries, just stay mobile and use hard cover as needed.

35..36....lol

get back to us when you hit beslavis, then be prepared for frustration when you hit voss

35..36....lol

get back to us when you hit beslavis, then be prepared for frustration when you hit voss

I'm on Balmora now. Still no worries, Assault-spec me and Aric are happily making the bad guys cry...and that's with me just skipping pretty much everything to do my companion so far.

Ding 37! If I was actually doing all the quests, I'd probably be cutting through them like butter at this point.

Edited by va_wanderer